Windows 10: "Driver locked" RAM usage

Discus and support "Driver locked" RAM usage in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have to think that I do need not every driver that is loaded. Request information for reducing usage. Win 10 1909. WU incl drivers. 158385 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by thename, Jun 13, 2020.

1. thename Win User

"Driver locked" RAM usage

I have to think that I do need not every driver that is loaded.
    Request information for reducing usage.

Win 10 1909. WU incl drivers.

:)

thename, Jun 13, 2020
  2. lbprouty Win User

RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

Thank you so much! Both snips attached below. I will be trying the clean boot this afternoon. Looking forward to hearing back on your thoughts.

"Driver locked" RAM usage :) Lori

"Driver locked" RAM usage [​IMG]

lbprouty, Jun 13, 2020
  3. eshiejamz Win User
    eshiejamz, Jun 13, 2020
  4. lbprouty Win User

RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

Hi again - I finished the clean boot and although it did reduce the memory usage, it's still at 58%. Here is a snip of the Task Mgr after the clean boot. Thanks for your help. Any ideas?

lbprouty, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. "Driver locked" RAM usage - Similar Threads - Driver locked RAM

2. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  3. RAM usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAM usage: There is something I don't understand, why do different services and processes make a difference in RAM usage and affect the RAM usage of each other. Firstly, the windows widgets was taking up too much of RAM and it was of no use to me, so I disabled it from the registry....
  4. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Usage: Hi! I have 32GB 2x16 of RAM installed, however when I try to open programs I get not enough memory issues despite only using 80% and still having ~6GB free https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/69855d13-22e1-4305-a5e5-0b696d9cfc85
  5. RAM usage

RAM usage: Hi I have 2 gb RAM and I am trying to run an app which recommends 4gb RAM so I set the virtual memory or the paging files to 2.5gb and I don't know if this enough or even would help so please I need an expert to answer...
  6. RAM Usage

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    RAM Usage: Alright, so I have an 8GB ram on my pc and it always stays above 50% on idle. One day, I was bothered enough to go on Task manager, take a picture of all tasks running on ram, and added all of them up together. I did this 3 times and they averaged on 1.2 GB even though it...
  7. RAM usage

RAM usage: Okay so, my problem comes from the fact that in standby my laptop is using over half of it's memory and I have no clue why it's doing this. On top of that it's causing any game I try to play to crash, so if anyone could help, that'd be very much appreciated....
  8. RAM usage

RAM usage: My Ram is usually in the 60-high 70's% regen. the most activity being done is web browsing. Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/f4977764-fc2a-4a3f-972a-ddf00029591b
  9. ram usage

ram usage: how can I know which applications are using much of my ram https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-usage/d44fa670-4c66-4fa5-80f3-d96ab92a42a3
  10. RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    RAM Usage: "Driver Locked" is Hijacking 3 GB of my memory: After continued "Low Memory" errors causing programs to close, I ran a program called RamMap that told me 3.4 GB of my memory is being locked up by a Driver. I have 8GB of Ram and loads of hard drive space. Does anyone know how to unlock this memory? It's being hijacked and I...