Windows 10: Driver optional updates

Discus and support Driver optional updates in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ugatme, Dec 4, 2020.

1. ugatme Win User

Driver optional updates

I just noticed Nvidia driver listed while I have an Intel display adaptor. Anyone try enabling "Do not include drivers with Windows updates" in the group policy editor? Not that I don't trust microsoft but!

:)

ugatme, Dec 4, 2020

2. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Dec 4, 2020
  3. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 4, 2020
  4. TinKode Win User

Driver optional updates

Driver updates

Hello GregVerstegen,

My name is and I'm here to help you.

Windows 10 should automatically install all the necessary drivers, but if that does not happen, you have two solutions.

1. Install the necessary drivers from the Internet/official websites of computer companies such as ASUS, Dell, Lenovo, etc.
    2. Install the required drivers from Device Manager.

How to install drivers from Device Manager?

Step 1: Open Dev. Manager. Click start (WIN button) and type Device Manager.

Step 2: Choose a section of the component parts. Ex: Keyboards, Sound Video and Game Controllers etc.

Step 3: Up, you have the option "Action". Click on it. Hit "Add Legacy Hardware". Click next. First, I suggest you choose the first option ("Search for and install the hardware automatically"). If it doesn't work, than choose the second
    option ("Install the hardware that I manually select from a list"). Click next. There, you have a list of all existing drivers.

TinKode, Dec 4, 2020
Thema:

Driver optional updates

1. Driver optional updates - Similar Threads - Driver optional updates

2. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  3. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optional windows driver updates: i have an optional driver update OEM HID CLASS18.16.37.672 DO I need to download and install it? I read it is not recommended to install these updates if nothing ia wrong or only if there is something not working. Also How do i hide optional driver and other optional updates?...
  4. optional windows driver updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows 10 optional driver updates

Windows 10 optional driver updates: My laptop is a lenovo ideapad S340 windows 10 and it says that it is up to date but says there are some optional updates for my drivers,This is my laptop info but I don't know if it will help:...
  6. Optional Driver Updates

Optional Driver Updates: Hello! I decided to check for any updates on my computer and I stumbled upon the "optional updates". And I found these: [ATTACH] [ATTACH] How do I determine what to install or whether to install them at all? Your insights would be of great help! Thank you so much!...
  7. Optional Windows/Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional Windows/Driver Updates: [ATTACH] Hey guys, just looked in my optional updates and I have all of these. I'm terrified of doing things with drivers when I'm not sure what I'm doing because it caused serious issues for me before. Should I install all of these? Or how do I figure out what I need and...
  8. Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Optional windows 10 driver "updates"?: Are the optional windows driver updates I'm getting actual newer versions or are they older versions of the driver I'm falling back on? I am experiencing strange behavior on some of my computer's and would like to know if these might fix those. The description for the...
  9. Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates

Windows 10 Update - Optional Driver Updates: Why are there optional driver updates listed under Optional Windows Updates for hardware that I do not have??? Drivers for nonexistent HP printers as well as for BOTH AMD and INTEL processors and/or busses...
  10. Windows Update Optional Driver Updates

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Optional Driver Updates: Lately Windows has been offering a couple of drivers for hardware I dont have on my Insider machine. They say I have a Xeon E3 when I dont (its a Skylake 6700k). Is there a way to get these cleared? Version 19635.1. [img] 157671