Windows 10: driver overan stack buffer bsod

Discus and support driver overan stack buffer bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My HP Split laptop bought in 2013 crashes regularly with different BSOD messages, I used CHKDSK /F to confirm both the c: ssd and d: hdd are ok. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RDSK, Mar 4, 2018.

1. RDSK Win User

driver overan stack buffer bsod

My HP Split laptop bought in 2013 crashes regularly with different BSOD messages, I used CHKDSK /F to confirm both the c: ssd and d: hdd are ok.
    The crashes occur when I remove the keyboard and hdd so I can use the screen and ssd as a tablet. I work for about an hour the BSOD with various error messages.
    If I remove battery and reinstall after a while I can get it to restart after a while.
    I upgraded the operating system from windows 8 to windows 10 and generally it works ok when the screen is docked on the base keyboard/hdd. The problems arise when I detach screen to use it as a tablet,
    Thanks for helping me out.

:)

RDSK, Mar 4, 2018

2. BSOD Kernel Security check Failure and Others Windows 10

Dropbox - Error

Hello.

My computer has been crashing a lot everyday [BSOD] at least once an hour mostly with Kernel Security Check Failure, occasionally with APC Index Mismatch and others such as Driver Overan Stack Buffer [more not included]. Attached are minidump files of the
    most recent crashes in the last day.

We have already tried replacing the RAM, wiping the computer completely and updating drivers through device manager. Hopefully someone with keen eyes can help identify what is causing this/these issue/s. Crashing occurs when logging on after a crash, playing
    games, using Chrome or just on the desktop.

[Windows 10] from Windows 7.

Thanks! driver overan stack buffer bsod :)

SophieMcDonagh, Mar 4, 2018
  3. dionjovan Win User
    dionjovan, Mar 4, 2018
  4. Ztruker Win User

Zip contains one dump. It shows a problem with klbackupdisk.sys.
    Code: ffff9287`0df00e18 fffff80f`10fd61ddUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klbackupdisk.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klbackupdisk.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klbackupdisk.sys klbackupdisk+0x61dd[/quote] Driver Description: Kaspersky Lab volume filter driver

I also see some of these in the event log:
    Code: Event[3996]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2018-03-05T09:26:52.771 Event ID: 7031 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-QFG1C4A Description: The Kaspersky Anti-Virus Service 18.0.0 service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 10000 milliseconds: Restart the service.[/quote] Uninstall Kaspersky and run with the built-in Windows Defender for now and see if that resolves your problem. You can try the latest Kaspersky again later is you feel it's necessary though Windows Defender is a good Anti-virus program. It's what I use along with Malwarebytes Antimalware Premium.

Ztruker, Mar 6, 2018
Thema:

1. driver overan stack buffer bsod - Similar Threads - driver overan stack

2. BSOD - driver overran stack buffer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - driver overran stack buffer: Hello,Without warning I have started getting BSOD. I was playing a game, paused for 30 minutes to eat left laptop idle without anything open, opened the game and BSOD.First I had BSOD with "page fault in nonpaged area eaanticheat.sys"Updated everything I could Windows,...
  3. BSOD - Driver overran stack buffer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Driver overran stack buffer: Received this BSOD while i was streaming and alt tabbed back into my game. All windows updates to latest already installed. This is a pretty fresh install too only 2 weeks old. New storage as well. Did memtest already and it found no issues 180083
  4. DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSoD

DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER BSoD: I'm looking into a PC for my nephew that we can't seem to resolve. It all started when he did the Windows updates about a week ago. It keeps blue screening with OVERRAN STACK BUFFER. He did a clean install from a usb created with the update tool and is still getting this...
  5. BSOD - DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER

BSOD - DRIVER OVERRAN STACK BUFFER: I have been having BSOD errors. Things I have done so far: 1 Clean installed WIN10 multiple times from different bootable USBs 2 Run MEMTESTX86 for 30+ hours with 0 errors and 8 passes. 3 Updated Windows multiple times. 4 Run in safe mode for hours with no BSOD errors....
  6. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

BSOD driver overrun stack buffer: Hi, I just build a new computer with this system information: Naam van besturingssysteem Microsoft Windows 10 Home Versie 10.0.18362 Build 18362 Systeemfabrikant Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Systeemmodel B450 AORUS PRO Systeemtype x64-based PC Systeem-SKU Default...
  7. BSOD "Driver Overan Stack Buffer"

BSOD "Driver Overan Stack Buffer": Hello Just had a blue screen error which said "Driver Overan Stack Buffer" and i was windering what could be causing this i have the minidump file that was created any help would be fantastic I have just done a clean instalation aswell and barely installed anything...
  8. BSOD - Driver Overran Stack Buffer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BSOD - Driver Overran Stack Buffer: Good afternoon, I'm getting BSOD and the error says "Driver Overran Stack Buffer". I have been researching about it, and have updated windows to the lates, updated my drivers, removed antiviruses, and removed programs I dont use to leave as clean as possible. The problem...
  9. BSOD driver overrun stack buffer

BSOD driver overrun stack buffer: I am having a BSOD issue and have this info to post from the dump file. Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 10.0.17674.1000 AMD64 Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\Minidump\071018-37390-01.dmp] Mini Kernel Dump...
  10. BSOD Driver Overran stack buffer

BSOD Driver Overran stack buffer: I get the Driver overran stack buffer error with BSOD randomly sometimes while gaming (rust, dishonored, Skyrim, civ 5, and most any other game). I have manually updated the drivers for my motherboard, video card, and peripheries. I also randomly get the...