Windows 10: Driver Owner

Discus and support Driver Owner in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, i got a question for you. IF i reinstall my windows and delete the drivers in the installation setup, will it DELETE the owner of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Țicla, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Țicla Win User

Driver Owner

Hi there, i got a question for you.

IF i reinstall my windows and delete the drivers in the installation setup, will it DELETE the owner of the driver, send the owner to OBLIVION and never see it again. I got a nasty virus and now i can fully work with my driver.

I just wanted to ask this question to know if the reinstall with really work for me or just to know if my situation is hopeless.( i lost already countless neurons and now i just want to know if using the last resort will help)

Thank you for the time reading this

:)

Țicla, Sep 21, 2019

2. Unknown User as Owner

Hi Bree, thanks for stepping up to address this issue.
    As far as I know my External Drive has only been used on my PC.

I could try to implement your suggestion and take Ownership of those Folders.
    The "Take Ownership" link is present in my right click menu, but I'm currently logged in with my Microsoft account, so perhaps it would be better if I went Properties --> Security --> Advanced & set the Owner to Administrators, no?!

Although my mind is bugged with a new question now.
    If I change the Owner & later on I have to restore a backup (Acronis on a CD) won't I encounter problems then?

witten1972, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 21, 2019
  4. BobZ2 Win User

Driver Owner

Old Owner Name

I bought a used Axim. I changed the Device ID in Settings -> System ->

About. I changed the owner name in Settings -> Personal -> Owner Info.

But when I use Send To on a Windows 7 "desktop", the option for my

Axim lists the old owner's name. Not a major problem, but definitely

annoying. I couldn't find that name in the registry (on the Axim).

Can anyone suggest another place to look?

Thanks.

BobZ2, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Driver Owner

1. Driver Owner - Similar Threads - Driver Owner

2. Keyboard Driver didn't reinstall after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard Driver didn't reinstall after uninstalling: Okay, my keyboard suddenly stopped working yesterday. I tried just about everything it seems like to fix it. I Uninstalled the many sub category drivers I had under the 'Keyboards' window and then restarted computer. Now the entire keyboards drop down menu is gone and I find...
  3. Keyboard Driver didn't reinstall after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard Driver didn't reinstall after uninstalling: Okay, my keyboard suddenly stopped working yesterday. I tried just about everything it seems like to fix it. I Uninstalled the many sub category drivers I had under the 'Keyboards' window and then restarted computer. Now the entire keyboards drop down menu is gone and I find...
  4. Keyboard Driver didn't reinstall after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  6. I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?

I'm having trouble with my Sound, video and game controllers drivers how to solve it?: Hey everyone, it's Davis. I'm having some tech troubles and could really use some help. First off, my volume control is acting up. No matter what I do, it stays stuck at 100%, even when I try to lower it. And whenever I attempt to update, uninstall, or roll back, boom—blue...
  7. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  8. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10: the wifi is disapper from my laptop, i looked in the driver and can't find the wifi driver, i tried to download it but i can't the right one . my laptop is HP ProBook 450 G3, can anyone help?...
  9. Missing Wifi Driver - Windows 10

10. Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?

Calling all ASUS Xonar owners, what's the driver situation on W10?: So I have an ASUS Xonar DS sound card that I'm not currently using (thought it was faulty, it turned out it was something else), and I've been thinking about putting it back in for a while now, but since I'll be upgrading to Windows 10 as soon as it goes live, I'm worried...