Windows 10: Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

Discus and support Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win 10 64 1709 updated originally from Win 7 on a no brand system box PC using ASUS P8 Z77-V LX mobo Have tried to update from 1709 to 1803 multiple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChristopherBontein, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

Win 10 64 1709 updated originally from Win 7 on a no brand system box PC using ASUS P8 Z77-V LX mobo

Have tried to update from 1709 to 1803 multiple times since May using Windows Update Assistant, gets to 42% then rollsback

Lists Driver PNP Watchdog error on rollback and later OxC1900101 - Ox30018 as error

Nothing flagged up in Device Manager (inc hidden), have tried updating most device drivers in it.

Boot SSD has 23 GB free space left

Have unplugged all USBs bar keyboard/mouse, uninstalled all AV, disabled non MS startup items, checkdsk and scannow, even disabled Defender and firewall

Only things left to try are disconnecting various additional hard drives in system box to see if that works

Have tried to reset Win 10 but says cannot as missing files, would like to avoid having to reinstall all my many progs with a clean install, uncertain if lose Win 10 digital license

Whilst have read similar posts on this forum on this error eg deleting vss shadow copies etc am approaching edge of comfort/knowledge zone - don't want to screw up installation.

I have extracted a setupmem.dmp file from the rollback folder which other posts have asked for - its big 111MB zipped, however unsure if or how to post or send this somewhere.

Any help gratefully received.

:)

ChristopherBontein, Jul 27, 2018

2. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

Win 10 64 1709 updated originally from Win 7 on a no brand system box PC using ASUS P8 Z77-V LX mobo

Have tried to update from 1709 to 1803 multiple times since May using Windows Update Assistant, gets to 42% then rollsback

Lists Driver PNP Watchdog error on rollback and later OxC1900101 - Ox30018 as error

Nothing flagged up in Device Manager (inc hidden), have tried updating most device drivers in it.

Boot SSD has 23 GB free space left

Have unplugged all USBs bar keyboard/mouse, uninstalled all AV, disabled non MS startup items, checkdsk and scannow, even disabled Defender and firewall

Only things left to try are disconnecting various additional hard drives in system box to see if that works

Have tried to reset Win 10 but says cannot as missing files, would like to avoid having to reinstall all my many progs with a clean install, uncertain if lose Win 10 digital license

Whilst have read similar posts on this forum on this error eg deleting vss shadow copies etc am approaching edge of comfort/knowledge zone - don't want to screw up installation.

I have extracted a setupmem.dmp file from the rollback folder which other posts have asked for - its big 111MB zipped, however unsure if or how to post or send this somewhere.

Any help gratefully received.

ChristopherBontein, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

No joy with uninstalling nvidia drivers before update

Used DDU, then disconnected from router.

Used thumb drive with ISO on it.

When setting up asked it not to install updates with new Win 10

BSOD on 42% whilst updating

Same error codes and Driver PNP Watchdog

"Install failed on FIRST_BOOT phase with error during SYSPREP operation"

Three things I note in Device Manager (hidden)

Large number 40+ copies of generic volume shadow copies

Also multiple black and grey storage volumes

Grasping at straws here - Could the Watchdog error be associated with the Intel Watchdog Timer driver in System devices?

TIA

CB

ChristopherBontein, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

Hi

I'm currently running Windows 10, version 1709 and I've being trying to install Windows 10, version 1803 two times.

All attempts end with Stop code: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG during one of the restarts.

In fact the update appears to work normally until around 43%, then it suddenly goes up over 50% and then it gets back to 45%, and then again it gets up to 75% and restarts the machine. After that restart I get the blue screen.

Windows states that it will collect some error info, and then restart the machine, but indeed it does nothing

Can you please advise ?

ValterPasuld, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update

1. Driver PNP WATCHDOG error on Win 10 64 1709 to 1803 update - Similar Threads - Driver PNP WATCHDOG

2. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  3. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-pnp-watchdog/e6588141-5f11-4ec0-ad10-c217adcbe3c0
  4. DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. driver pnp watchdog error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    driver pnp watchdog error: So whenever I try and open my computer and boot it up it won’t load past the screen with the windows logo so I tried resetting the computer that it will do the automatic repair but it just shows a blue screen with a error saying driver pnp watchdog. I’ve tried installing a...
  6. STOPCODE: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STOPCODE: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG error: i am experiencing this error STOPCODE: DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG after my machine crashed and started seeing this blue screen. I was doing the windows update Insider Preview Build 19587. At this time, i am unable to go past the HP logo. I have tried the different resolutions that...
  7. Driver PNP watchdog

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver PNP watchdog: Help, I don't know what to do... I've tried so much and I can't figure it out... I can't even launch into windows... submitted by /u/empoleon621 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fb95fb/driver_pnp_watchdog/
  8. Windows 10 Update stopcode "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG"

Windows 10 Update stopcode "DRIVER PNP WATCHDOG": My windows 10 update (from version 1607) keeps failing. I got the above stop code. 1). how can I fix the problem. 2). where will I find the error dumps (if any) produced by the failure of update. I hope to avoid having to reload Windows 10 from scratch, and then having...
  9. Driver PNP Watchdog Error

Driver PNP Watchdog Error: Three days ago I decided to take advantage of my wife being away for a week and upgrade her HP TouchSmart 600, which was running Windows 7 to the current version of Windows 10. I utilized Microsoft's Media Creation Tool and created a bootable USB for the installation. The...
  10. Driver PNP Watchdog error when upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803

Driver PNP Watchdog error when upgrading to Windows 10 version 1803: I've been trying to install Windows 10 version 1803 (aka Windows 10 April 2018 Update) for the last couple months. It failed back in April or May, and then tried to reinstall a month later, where it failed again. I tried upgrading an ethernet driver today, hoping it was the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver_pnp_watchdog surface pro

2. windows 10 arm pnp driver watchdog

3. intel watchdog timer windows 1803

4. driver pnp watchdog after windows 10 update,
  5. driver pnp watchdog error sysprep,
  6. surface pro driver_pnp_watchdog