Windows 10: Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart

Discus and support Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have an annoying problem with my pc, because almost everytime I shutdown or restart it gives BSOD screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Blax, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Blax Win User

Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart

Hello,

I have an annoying problem with my pc, because almost everytime I shutdown or restart it gives BSOD screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error.

I've tried lots of solutions found around the web, like adding a registry key named "MSIServer" and starting msiserver, disabling sleep mode, run sfc command for integrity scan (that found nothing wrong), tried updating all drivers (that were found all updated), launch Windows updates, but none of them solved the problem.

In order to do a deeper check I launched Bluescreenview to scan the dump file, and it found BSOD errors were caused by ntoskrnl.exe file, that as far as I know, it's just related to Windows kernel, and it just means there's a faulty driver, but I have no idea of what it is.

Can you please help to find the exact problem and solve this issue?

Below you can fine my pc specs, I can give you any other information needed:

Model: Asus S500CA
    O.S.: Windows 10 ver. 2004 build 19041.630
    CPU: Intel Core i5-3317U 1.70GHz, 1701 Mhz, 2 core, 4 CPU
    RAM: 4,00 GB
    Graphics card: Intel HD Graphics 4000

Roberto

:)

2. PranavMishra5582, Nov 19, 2020
  3. JDubbedN Win User
    Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

Here is my most recent full memory dump.

I could not get a BSOD while driver verifier was turned on. However, I still receive the Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep BSOD.

MEMORY1.rar - Google Drive

JDubbedN, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart

Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue.

RujitMaharjan, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart

1. Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart - Similar Threads - Driver Power state

2. BSOD screen at every restart/shutdown (driver power state failure)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen at every restart/shutdown (driver power state failure): Hello, I have a very annoying problem with my pc, because every time I restart or shudown, it crashes with a BSOD screen, showing an unhelpful error "Driver power state failure". I tried every solution found on the web: - adding a registry record "MSIServer" and starting...
  3. USB problem leads to Driver Power State Failure BSOD on shutdown or restart

USB problem leads to Driver Power State Failure BSOD on shutdown or restart: Hi all,I leave my PC on for extended periods days, sometimes weeks and usually it's not an issue aside from some minor Windows strangeness. But I've been having this frustrating issue lately:1. At some point usually after a few days of uptime all USB ports will stop...
  4. POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE BSOD on Shutdown

POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE BSOD on Shutdown: Greetings, This is my first time requesting support on here so I'll try my best to get it right. Here is a rundown of my current rig that has remained completely unchanged since around early-mid 2019. OS - Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, Build 19042.746 CPU - AMD Ryzen...
  5. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  6. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  7. Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown

Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown: Ok. So long story short. I was playing some games and noticed windows 10 had some new updates so I installed them. Suddenly none of my USB devices like mouse and keyboard are detected and when Inshut down AfterI get a BSOD with the error " Driver Power State Failure"....
  8. Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep: Hello Windows Ten support, Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro v1809 to v1903 I receive a BSOD Driver Power State Failure when I restart, shutdown or sleep. My computer attempts to shutdown and after about 5-10 minutes I receive the BSOD. This problem did not happen in...
  9. Driver Power State Failure BSoD on Restart

Driver Power State Failure BSoD on Restart: Hello, Almost every time I restart my computer nowadays, I get the dreaded DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen. Because of this, most of the time I just hit the reset button on my PC in order to restart it faster. I cannot boot into safe mode because I get this blue...
  10. driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!: My computer starts to lag, So I try to shut down or restart and then it doesn't and simply instead gives blue screen of death with error written: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. no other error code. Even after completing at 100% the blue screen still remains for ours and never...