Windows 10: Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation

Discus and support Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, At first my audio suddenly stopped working. YouTube said that I had to restart my laptop, so that's what I did. Now internal speakers didn't show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Johnny Lafferty, Sep 18, 2020.

1. Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation

Hi,

At first my audio suddenly stopped working. YouTube said that I had to restart my laptop, so that's what I did. Now internal speakers didn't show up in the sound control panel. The device manager said that the devicer wouldn't start code 10. It had something to do with 'power' as well.

I tried all the fixes suggested on reddit and elsewhere, but to no avail. So I decided to reinstall windows. At 4% it got stuck, and after a while I got the BSOD with the 'Driver Power State Failure'. Now it keeps on restarting and returning to the BSOD.

I have an Aspire A-3 laptop. Model: A315-51-30SG
    Intel chipset with Intel UHD graphics.

I need to have it fixed by Monday, as I have my first university lectures online that day. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Johnny Lafferty, Sep 18, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 18, 2020
  3. John Ado Win User
    Driver Power State Failure

Hi Roy,

Driver Power State Failure happens when your device driver goes into sleep mode while you are still using the device. It may be caused by a bad driver or your current power settings. To work around with this, follow these steps:

• Secure a copy of the latest version of your graphics card and network adapter driver. Go the manufacturer's website for further assistance.
    • Reinstall your graphics card and network adapter driver completely. Usually, wireless drivers are the first ones to go bad, so assuming you are connected to the internet through Wi-Fi, reinstall your wireless driver.
      Go to Device Manager > Display
      adapters and Network adapters
      > Right-click the driver > Uninstall. If possible, select
      Delete driver software for this device. Restart your computer afterwards.
    • Reinstall updated drivers. Go to Device Manager
      > Right-click Other devices or Unknown devices >
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Select the folder of the downloaded drivers >
      Next.

If the issue persists, change your power plan to High performance and observe if the issue replicates. Press
    Windows key + S and type Power Options.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Sep 18, 2020
  4. Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation

E for Excel, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation

1. Driver Power State Failure during reinstallation - Similar Threads - Driver Power State

2. Driver power state failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver power state failure: Hello! I'm here to ask for help about the BSOD, it always shows when I multi task like while I play and open my chrome it will surely popped out. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-power-state-failure/c7830252-5196-4c61-9123-887ce16690b2
  3. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Power State Failure: Hello!In the last few weeks, my Dell G3 started to present this error almost daily. I am using Windows 11 and already updated all the drivers. Also, i have installed the latest updates from both Dell and Windows 11. What could i do?Thanks!...
  4. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure: Hello, can anyone analyze this dump file so that I can know what device driver is causing the error. I will really appreciate it. Thank you!https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1PVvntlCedKijkgJqamI8t2hQbG1eab45?usp=sharing...
  5. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Power State Failure: My screen flickers a lot when changing windows or just scrolling and then I keep getting a white or black screen while screen sharing using an online app or sometimes just using facebook. I have gotten a yellow or green screen as wellThere's no error message when that...
  6. Driver Power State Failure during restart

Driver Power State Failure during restart: Hello everyone, Since a few weeks I have the issue that my PC has small microlags after starting up the system. The problem shows with the cursor lagging behind and games being unplayable due to this. When I then restart the PC, the restart process is interrupted by a...
  7. Driver Power State Failure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Driver Power State Failure: I keep getting this blue screen issue as a regular occurrence when I leave my computer to sleep then return later. After around 10 seconds of operating, the blue screen appears and restarts my PC. Anyone know a fix for this? Thanks submitted by /u/DrivenMuffin [link]...
  8. Driver State Power Failure

Driver State Power Failure: I have recently upgraded my pc and I haven't finished yet and ever since I first run it's been lagging on every I do, watching videos and the sound lags with it, playing games, everything lags and its more or less unusable even if I try installing and uninstalling it will...
  9. power state driver failure

power state driver failure: Hello, my BSOD only appears while gaming online. I don't really have any other information than the BSOD does state that it is a power state driver failure. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks 40574
  10. Driver State Power Failure

Driver State Power Failure: After I received this message, Windows restarted the computer and I haven't had problems since. Not sure what information would be relevant but would appreciate any help. 69827