Windows 10: Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter

Discus and support Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft community, every time I try to restart my laptop is take about 5-10 minutes and then it go to blue screen error "Driver power state... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SarodTreesakon, Dec 27, 2018.

1. Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter

Hi Microsoft community, every time I try to restart my laptop is take about 5-10 minutes and then it go to blue screen error "Driver power state failure " but when I disable wireless adapter is restart normally. I have tried update wireless adapter driver to recent version and tweak power option to maximum performance but it didn't help. So anybody have ideas what might happen to my laptop. I also attach dump file link.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoCvQCBN4uedguZBTOj2eGZNuOR4hg

my laptop is

Dell latitude e7450

Windows 10 pro version 1803

wireless adapter : intel AC 7265

wireless adapter driver : 19.51.16.2

:)

SarodTreesakon, Dec 27, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

Driver Power State Failure

Hi Roy,

Driver Power State Failure happens when your device driver goes into sleep mode while you are still using the device. It may be caused by a bad driver or your current power settings. To work around with this, follow these steps:

• Secure a copy of the latest version of your graphics card and network adapter driver. Go the manufacturer's website for further assistance.
    • Reinstall your graphics card and network adapter driver completely. Usually, wireless drivers are the first ones to go bad, so assuming you are connected to the internet through Wi-Fi, reinstall your wireless driver.
      Go to Device Manager > Display
      adapters and Network adapters
      > Right-click the driver > Uninstall. If possible, select
      Delete driver software for this device. Restart your computer afterwards.
    • Reinstall updated drivers. Go to Device Manager
      > Right-click Other devices or Unknown devices >
      Update driver > Browse my computer for driver software > Select the folder of the downloaded drivers >
      Next.

If the issue persists, change your power plan to High performance and observe if the issue replicates. Press
    Windows key + S and type Power Options.

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter

Driver Power State Error

Hi Michelle,

Based on the details provided, the error "Driver power state failure" is due to incompatible driver. Were you able
    to access your PC? If you do, we recommend that your display adapter and check if there are any changes. To update your display adapter, follow these steps:

• Right-click
      on the
      Start menu
      and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand
      Display adapters,
      right-click
      on your
      graphic driver, and choose
      Properties.

• Under
      Driver tab, click on
      Update Driver.

• After updating,
      restart
      your PC and monitor for any changes.

If the issue persists, kindly
    update the driver manually
    by downloading the latest driver update available in your manufacturer's website and install it.

For more information and other possible troubleshooting for the
    Blue Screen Error: Driver power state failure, kindly refer to this
    link.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter

1. Driver power state failure on restart causes by wireless adapter - Similar Threads - Driver power state

2. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  3. DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE cause unknown: Hi all, for almost two weeks now I've been having troubles turning off my PC as every time I shut it down or restart it it takes ~5 minutes then it launches a BSOD with the error "DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE".After reading online what the possible solution could've been I've...
  4. HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HDAudBus causing a driver state power failure 9f?: Hello everyone, my windows 10 computer continues to shut down at random, displaying the message "Driver State Power Failure". When I open the DMP file, it points to it being the HDAudBus. SYMBOL_NAME: HDAudBus!HdAudBusSelfManagedIoSuspend+93MODULE_NAME: HDAudBusIMAGE_NAME:...
  5. Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure

Blue Screen is caused by Driver Power State Failure: Hello, could anyone analyze the minidump file created when my computer encountered a blue screen? This will help me to know what specific driver is causing the issue. Thank you.Here is the minidump...
  6. Driver Power State Failure during restart

Driver Power State Failure during restart: Hello everyone, Since a few weeks I have the issue that my PC has small microlags after starting up the system. The problem shows with the cursor lagging behind and games being unplayable due to this. When I then restart the PC, the restart process is interrupted by a...
  7. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  8. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  9. Driver Power State Failure BSoD on Restart

Driver Power State Failure BSoD on Restart: Hello, Almost every time I restart my computer nowadays, I get the dreaded DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE blue screen. Because of this, most of the time I just hit the reset button on my PC in order to restart it faster. I cannot boot into safe mode because I get this blue...
  10. Driver power state failure on restart

Driver power state failure on restart: My computer seems to run fine but whenever I shut it down or restart it the screen goes black for about 10 minutes and then I get a blue screen with a driver power state failure. The system files are attached. Thanks for your help! 39035

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows restaring causes driver power state failure