Windows 10: Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

Discus and support Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Rujit, Sep 25, 2020.

1. Rujit Win User

Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue.

:)

Rujit, Sep 25, 2020
  2. JDubbedN Win User

Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

Here is my most recent full memory dump.

I could not get a BSOD while driver verifier was turned on. However, I still receive the Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep BSOD.

MEMORY1.rar - Google Drive

JDubbedN, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    driver power state failure help!

Hi,

It is possible that the error Driver Power State Failure you received is can be caused by
    the driver itself or power settings.
    To address your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by S M Mahmudul Hasan
    on this thread on how to troubleshoot Driver Power State
    Failure.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

PranavMishra5582, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

1. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart - Similar Threads - Driver power state

2. BSOD screen at every restart/shutdown (driver power state failure)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD screen at every restart/shutdown (driver power state failure): Hello, I have a very annoying problem with my pc, because every time I restart or shudown, it crashes with a BSOD screen, showing an unhelpful error "Driver power state failure". I tried every solution found on the web: - adding a registry record "MSIServer" and starting...
  3. Repeated Driver Power State Failure on shutdown

Repeated Driver Power State Failure on shutdown: I have had this issue for a few weeks now. My PC will start stuttering, I can fix it temporarily by rebooting, however it hits the BSOD when I try to shut down. As it only bluescreens on shutdown when it is stuttering, I assume they are linked in some way, but that's for...
  4. POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE BSOD on Shutdown

POWER DRIVER STATE FAILURE BSOD on Shutdown: Greetings, This is my first time requesting support on here so I'll try my best to get it right. Here is a rundown of my current rig that has remained completely unchanged since around early-mid 2019. OS - Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2, Build 19042.746 CPU - AMD Ryzen...
  5. Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart

Driver Power state failure BSOD at every shutdown/restart: Hello, I have an annoying problem with my pc, because almost everytime I shutdown or restart it gives BSOD screen with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error. I've tried lots of solutions found around the web, like adding a registry key named "MSIServer" and starting msiserver,...
  6. Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver power state failure on shutdown and restart: my pc crashes every time i try to shut it down. It shows BSoD and says driver power state failure. I have no idea what is causing this issue and have tried all the power management solutions that i found on the internet. So pls help me solve this issue....
  7. Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown

Driver Power State Failure On Shutdown: Ok. So long story short. I was playing some games and noticed windows 10 had some new updates so I installed them. Suddenly none of my USB devices like mouse and keyboard are detected and when Inshut down AfterI get a BSOD with the error " Driver Power State Failure"....
  8. Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep: Hello Windows Ten support, Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro v1809 to v1903 I receive a BSOD Driver Power State Failure when I restart, shutdown or sleep. My computer attempts to shutdown and after about 5-10 minutes I receive the BSOD. This problem did not happen in...
  9. driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    driver power state failure upon restarting or shutdown!: My computer starts to lag, So I try to shut down or restart and then it doesn't and simply instead gives blue screen of death with error written: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. no other error code. Even after completing at 100% the blue screen still remains for ours and never...
  10. Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown

Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown: Hi, Every time I try to put put my laptop to sleep, hibernate, restart it or shutdown, it stalls for about 10 minutes before giving me a Driver Power State Failure. Having installed "WhoCrashed" and "Windbg", I was able to determine it was related to "ntkrnlmp.exe",...