Windows 10: Driver Problem

Discus and support Driver Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have the following set up and I am having drivers issues: HP 1040 G3 Elitebook Windows 10 2004 When I check the Device Manager it tells me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by saboc, Jun 14, 2020.

1. saboc Win User

Driver Problem

Hello,

I have the following set up and I am having drivers issues:

HP 1040 G3 Elitebook
    Windows 10 2004

When I check the Device Manager it tells me it doesn't like a couple of drivers:

HP Radio Manager Device
    Detection Verification

Using the Device Manager I update the drivers by allowing the system to check online. It finds drivers and automatically installs them. I restart the system and all is great.

Then, when I completely power down and start up again, the Device Manager once again tells me these drivers need to be addressed.

It should be noted that despite Device Manager complaining about these drivers there seems to be no ill effects on the system during day to day use (or at least none that I am aware of, i.e. everything seems to work fine).

Why do the drivers seem to "stick" on a reboot, but when I do full power down and up the issues comes back? Does anyone have any suggestion for getting these drivers to work properly even after a full shut down?

Thanks for any input you can offer.

:)

saboc, Jun 14, 2020
  2. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Jun 14, 2020
  3. erocker Win User
    ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Shuyin03 Win User

Driver Problem

New here and seeking for help: problems with graphic card

Thanks very much lilhasselhoffer. I'll start doing what you suggested step by step.

One question thou: you suggested me to Download the latest driver package from Nvidea. However, the link you posted is for the newly released GeForce GTX 760? Am I supposed to download the drivers for that card?

Sorry for my questions. As I said, I'm not an expert at all.

Shuyin03, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Driver Problem

1. Driver Problem - Similar Threads - Driver Problem

2. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  3. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...: My normally pristine PC display has been marred by a curious and unwelcome visitor! A thick black line has materialized directly underneath the taskbar, stubbornly refusing to budge. This unexpected development disrupts not only the visual aesthetics of my desktop but also...
  4. This sudden black line under my taskbar might be a driver problem. What troubleshooting...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Driver problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver problems: I have an asus tuf a16 I currently have downloaded the drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support And when I unplug my laptop my dgpu stops working. When plugged into power it works fine and when I boot the computer without power connected It works fine until I plug it in...
  6. Driver problems

Driver problems: I have an asus tuf a16 I currently have downloaded the drivers from https://www.amd.com/en/support And when I unplug my laptop my dgpu stops working. When plugged into power it works fine and when I boot the computer without power connected It works fine until I plug it in...
  7. Problem detecting audio driver

Problem detecting audio driver: my pc is not installing and detecting audio out put device i tried updating and uninstalling but it's not helpful. what should i do[Original Title: audio driver]...
  8. Problem detecting audio driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem detecting audio driver: my pc is not installing and detecting audio out put device i tried updating and uninstalling but it's not helpful. what should i do[Original Title: audio driver]...
  9. Problem detecting audio driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver

BSOD Issues, I suspect a driver problem but do not know which driver: I have been having BSOD issues recently, usually when starting up laptop or when running idle. Have gotten message on blue screen saying driver_power_state_failure, Kmode_exception_not_handled, page_fault in nonpage_area. Here is the logs for the most recent blue screens, any...