Windows 10: Driver problems going from bad to worse

Discus and support Driver problems going from bad to worse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,Recently I've been experiencing tons of blue screen crashes on my computer. The error messages seemed to indicate that there was an issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AustinPowers3, May 11, 2021.

1. Driver problems going from bad to worse

Hi,Recently I've been experiencing tons of blue screen crashes on my computer. The error messages seemed to indicate that there was an issue with my drivers, so I tried multiple solutions such as disabling/uninstalling/reinstalling my Nvidia GeForce driver, running scannow, etc. And nothing worked. On top of the frequent crashes my computer also started getting super laggy - for reference I've had this computer for about 4 years now and it's been running with little to no issue until now. Eventually I tried to run the "fix image" command as I was trying to clean out whatever corrupted file was

:)

AustinPowers3, May 11, 2021

2. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, May 11, 2021
  3. dmccoy Win User
    Nvidia driver problem with 940 MX on Windows 10 x64

I would only go back to the driver from the computers manufacturers if you experience any issues with the latest drivers from devie manufacturers.

If everything is still working well with the clean boot then you can start troubleshooting as follows to start:

How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot

1. Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    2. From Start, search for msconfig. (In Windows 10, use the Search box from the Start menu. In Windows 8 or 8.1, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    3. Select msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    4. Tap or click the Services tab, and then tap or click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box.
    5. Tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    6. Tap or click OK, and then tap or click Restart.
    7. After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through 6, but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through 6, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the Service list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no service causes the problem, go to step 8.
    8. Repeat steps 1 and 3 in this section.
    9. Tap or click the Startup tab, and then tap or click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Startup Item list.
    10. Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 8 and 9, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the Startup Item list that you originally selected.
    • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 8 and 9, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
    • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step 11. If no Startup Item causes this problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps 1 through 7 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services check box in each step.
    11. After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the System Configuration utility, and then tap or click to clear the check box for the problem item.
    From <How to perform a clean boot in Windows>

dmccoy, May 11, 2021
  4. Driver problems going from bad to worse

Bad driver to DVD-player

Hi,

The issue might cause if the drivers are not updated. So, I suggest you to update the driver software by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R” type “devmgmt.msc” and press
      Enter.
    • Right click on DVD/CD Roms from the list and select
      properties.
    • Under Driver tab click on Update button and follow the prompts to update the driver.

If the issue still persists, download the latest drivers from the manufacturer and install the same.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 11, 2021
Thema:

Driver problems going from bad to worse

1. Driver problems going from bad to worse - Similar Threads - Driver problems going

2. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  3. New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New Microsoft operating systems like Windows 10 and 11 are going from bad to worse.: every time there is a new version for windows 10 and 11, consume more ram space, even disabling all functions as well as unnecessary services, ram in each new version is increasing: Although there are hidden ways to disable Windows Update, you will never get the performance...
  4. Problem of driver are going to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem of driver are going to install: I faced the problem with the driver, I brought this laptop and the driver is not going to install even though the net is also connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-driver-are-going-to-install/028ed352-fad5-4211-8118-135721d3c2e4
  5. Problem of driver are going to install

Problem of driver are going to install: I faced the problem with the driver, I brought this laptop and the driver is not going to install even though the net is also connected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-of-driver-are-going-to-install/028ed352-fad5-4211-8118-135721d3c2e4
  6. Problem of driver are going to install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. WiFi problems possible bad driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  8. WiFi problems possible bad driver

WiFi problems possible bad driver: I've had problems with the WiFi on my Windows 11 laptop. It does not show the 5G networks even when close to the router other devices can access the 5G networks and it refuses to connect to the 2.4G networks. After saying 'Can't connect to this network', it refreshes and...
  9. Windows 10 - bad to worse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - bad to worse: I've long since stopped using my Windows 10 laptop, due to the horrendous updates that trash everything. For most things i use an iPad Pro, and i can do absolutely everything on it. No crashes, no update horror stories, and everything just works. The iPad Pro is also much...
  10. Network Dead, from bad to worse.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network Dead, from bad to worse.: Here is the deal...I don't know what is wrong. There was a lightning storm here. When I got up my internet was messed up. I have a Mac and a PC connected via an ASUS router. Both the Mac and the PC were only giving me 10meg speed on my 200meg connection. So I called the...