Windows 10: Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Discus and support Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulM, Feb 29, 2016.

1. PaulM Win User

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver

related issue. I've tried updating all my drivers and firmware to no avail.

I used the Driver Verifier and immediately got errors with sedfilter.sys and symefasi64.sys. I had to boot into safe mode to turn the verifier off. I tried the verifier without those two enabled and got DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION.

Help would be greatly appreciated, this issue is a real pain!

Here are the debug files:
    Attachment 67485

:)

PaulM, Feb 29, 2016
  2. J. C. Griffith - jcgriff2, Feb 29, 2016
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Driver Verifier shows BSOD with "Driver Verifier Detected Violation" but doesn't create dump file

Swap the mouse out.

XP ROCKS., Feb 29, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Mar 1, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    axe0, Mar 2, 2016
  6. PaulM Win User
    Sorry, the link to the dumps had expired. I renewed it, thanks.

On another note, the dump log shows ccsetx64.sys, symefasi64.sys, and IDsvia64.sys as being probable corruptions when I view the dump logs after using driver verifier. These all seem like Symantec drivers. Any recommendations?

PaulM, Mar 2, 2016
  7. PaulM Win User
    Thanks for the response. I removed the program responsible for sedfilter.sys but still experience the issues.

I have created a post in the BSOD forums with more info here.

PaulM, Mar 2, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Please read How to upload files
    Read the tutorials, no link to external party is required.

axe0, Mar 2, 2016
  9. PaulM Win User
    Edited the original post to include the log collector data.

PaulM, Mar 2, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Axe0 will guide you there but my brief look at the dumps indicates ccSetx64.sys which belongs to Symantec (Norton).

Wait and see what axe0 has to say but I wouldn't surprised if he asked you to uninstall your Norton AV software and try something else.

Edit: 2nd dump indicates another Norton file: IDSvia64.sys

Ztruker, Mar 3, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    Correct, please try to reinstall Symantec or remove it while troubleshooting.

Please disable driver verifier
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

Why exactly is driver verifier enabled?

Driver verifier settings:
    Code: Verify Flags Level 0x03adefbb STANDARD FLAGS: [X] (0x00000000) Automatic Checks [X] (0x00000001) Special pool [X] (0x00000002) Force IRQL checking [X] (0x00000008) Pool tracking [X] (0x00000010) I/O verification [X] (0x00000020) Deadlock detection [X] (0x00000080) DMA checking [X] (0x00000100) Security checks [X] (0x00000800) Miscellaneous checks [ ] (0x00020000) DDI compliance checking ADDITIONAL FLAGS: [ ] (0x00000004) Randomized low resources simulation [X] (0x00000200) Force pending I/O requests [X] (0x00000400) IRP logging [X] (0x00002000) Invariant MDL checking for stack [X] (0x00004000) Invariant MDL checking for driver [X] (0x00008000) Power framework delay fuzzing [X] (0x00040000) Systematic low resources simulation [X] (0x00080000) DDI compliance checking (additional) [X] (0x00200000) NDIS/WIFI verification [X] (0x00800000) Kernel synchronization delay fuzzing [X] (0x01000000) VM switch verification RESERVED FLAGS (use of these flags is unsupported): [X] (0x00010000) Unused or reserved flag [X] (0x02000000) Unused or reserved flag [X] Indicates flag is enabled[/quote]

12. PaulM Win User
    I enabled driver verifier because no dumps were being generated and I expected a driver was the issue. I need a password from IT to uninstall Symantec though, I'll have to see if I can get the password.

PaulM, Mar 3, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

14. PaulM Win User
    Okay, I uninstalled Symantec and made sure all the drivers weren't running anymore and then followed the steps to configure minidumps. I am still getting the blue screens with just a CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error and no dumps. I'm completely stumped on what to try next.

I tried running the laptop at home rather than work. At both locations I was connected to Ethernet via a Thunderbolt cable adapter and to a monitor via HDMI. However, the laptop was not plugged into a charger at home. I guess I could try at work with no laptop charger plugged in?

PaulM, Mar 6, 2016
  15. PaulM Win User
    After all this troubleshooting, it looks like the blue screen only occurs when the laptop is at 100% and the charger is still plugged in. I didn't even think of that as an issue, as I've never heard of it occurring in new laptops. For now, it seems I can prevent the blue screens by unplugging the power before it hits 100%. Does anyone know of a permanent fix? Thanks.

PaulM, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

1. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier - Similar Threads - Driver Related BSOD

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD Driver Related

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Driver Related: Good evening, I seem to be getting driver crashes quite frequently now. I just ran Verifier, and it keeps it in a consistent loop of BSOD. Just looking to get these minidumps read so I can try to fix it or get suggestions on how...
  8. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  9. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier for a BSOD: Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE Thanks !...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD related to drivers

2. DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION thunderbolt

3. driver verifier dma violation thunderbolt