Windows 10: Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have...

Discus and support Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting quite a few BSOD when gaming with the errors frequently mentioning Driver Overruns, Stack errors and sys errors with nvidia files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DCADS.Portsmouth, Dec 10, 2018.

1. Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have...

Hi,

I am getting quite a few BSOD when gaming with the errors frequently mentioning Driver Overruns, Stack errors and sys errors with nvidia files.

The required files are available at: Onedrive files

:)

DCADS.Portsmouth, Dec 10, 2018

2. Frequent BSOD's, possibly MB/GPU related

Have had frequent BSOD's for an extended period of time, which seem to be hardware related seeing as they have persisted through multiple OS installs as well as driver reinstalls. BSOD's occur when browsing online as well as when gaming, with visual artifacting
    followed by BSOD when the GPU hits 70 degrees celsius in games, no pattern for BSOD's when browsing online. Error codes have often referred to drivers, page files, threads, many USB related errors, and general exceptions. A full list of dumps from the past
    month have been compiled into the rar file available at the following link: http://1drv.ms/1Ri6XWx

Expecting to have to replace my motherboard or graphics card, just not sure which (or maybe both) is the issue. Memtest86 and Chkdsk showed no errors, and substituting RAM had no impact.

Thanks in Advance,

Tom Angus

Thomas Angus, Dec 10, 2018
  3. A couple of graphics related issues in W10

A couple of graphics related issues in W10.Firstly, a message often pops up saying ''NVidia graphics driver has stopped responding and has recovered''. Even after downloading most recent driver.

Secondly, I have now noticed that when my PC is in sleep mode for any length of time, resuming will result in black and white stepped / blocked stripes across my monitor.

Any ideas on what may be wrong? New graphic card? New Monitor??!!?? Reinstall Windows?

My monitor is an HP LP 2065. Graphic card GT640. NVidia driver 355.82

Thanks in advance.

thefrecklepuny, Dec 10, 2018
  4. KC87 Win User

Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have...

Graphics Card Related BSOD

Hello,

For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting.

This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card.

The BSOD error messages I am receiving are "attempted execute of non-executable memory," "video scheduler internal error," and "driver state power failure." The zip file that I am attaching comes after an instance of the "attempted execute of non-executable memory" BSOD.

BSOD are often triggered by bringing my laptop out of sleep mode, but also sometimes occur right after start up when I've completely shut down. When this BSOD happens, my Nvidea graphics card is not recognized and the laptop defaults to the Intel card. Checking my devices, I can see the Nvidea card under Display adapters when I choose to "show hidden devices."

When this happens, I can restart my laptop a few times and eventually it will recognize the Nvidea and then be fine. I've run diagnostics to check the health of the Nvidea card, but that seems fine. Temperatures are fine and I'm not getting any actual tell-tale graphics glitches when it is in use.

I've checked that both the Intel and Nvidea drivers are up to date. Two days ago, I did a complete, thorough uninstall and reinstall of the Nvidea drivers, but still got the BSOD this morning.

Hardware or software issue, I'd love to just get to the bottom of this so I can fix it!

Thank you for any help in advance and please let me know if there's any additional information I can provide.

Attachment 135611

Thema:

Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have...

1. Driver related BSOD when gaming. Always seems to relate to Graphics Card, yet I have... - Similar Threads - Driver related BSOD

2. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  3. BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs appear to be related to graphics drivers: Split from this thread. Good Morning, I am hoping to have some help here. I have a user that is utilizing a Dell Precision 7520 with a Nvidia QuadroM2200. User was previously on a D3100 Dock and from my under standing that dock does not support dedicated graphics card..User...
  4. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  5. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver: My PC has crashed about 5 times now over the last 6 months. It is not reproduceable and seemingly happens randomly, as no particular application or action seems to trigger it. The PC doesn't literally blue screen, it just freezes then restarts. A surface level look with...
  6. Fixing BSOD related to graphics driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.

Blue Screens, seems related to the graphics card.: My computer has had a history of crashes before but it has started back again. I seemed to fix the issue a couple months ago when clean installing the graphics driver but it seems to have returned. Can you please help me? I have the minidumps from this crash and the crashes...
  8. Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.

Crashes seemingly related to graphics drivers.: My development laptop has been having trouble recently when working with anything that requires a fair amount of graphics processing power (Unreal Engine, gaming, etc). Performance also seems somewhat worse, but it may be related to whatever is failing. The actual blue screen...
  9. Graphics Card Related BSOD

Graphics Card Related BSOD: Hello, For awhile now, I have been trying to find the cause of a number of BSOD errors I'm getting. This issue is definitely tied to my graphics card. I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card and also an Nvidea GeForce GT 650M card. The BSOD error messages I am...
  10. BSOD Crashes - graphics card related

BSOD Crashes - graphics card related: Hi, I've experienced multiple BSODs almost every other day whether it'd be gaming or just plain surfing the web. I can trace it down to atikmdag being an issue on the computer. I've installed AMD uninstall and then reinstalled my drivers to no end. I'm not sure if it'll...