Windows 10: Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

Discus and support Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The driver rollback is grayed out (unavailable) for devices in the Device Manager. From what I find doing a search, the user must be an "Administrator"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fireberd, Nov 15, 2015.

1. fireberd Win User

Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

The driver rollback is grayed out (unavailable) for devices in the Device Manager. From what I find doing a search, the user must be an "Administrator" or it will be unavailable. My account is an Administrator account.

What do I have to change to fix this?

:)

fireberd, Nov 15, 2015

2. Display Resolution changes when monitor off/Icons move, Open windows resize

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.

You may follow these steps to roll back the driver to check if that helps.

• Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.

• Double-click the category containing your device driver, and then double-click the name of the device that you want to restore to a previous driver version.

• Click the “Driver tab”, and then click “Roll Back Driver”. Follow the on screen directions to complete the rollback process.

Note: If you are logged on as a standard user, the button will be dimmed, which means it's unavailable. You must be logged on as an administrator to roll back a driver.

If there's no previous version of the driver installed for the selected device, the Roll Back Driver button will be unavailable even if you are logged on as an administrator.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Nov 15, 2015
  3. After reinstalling Windows 10 every single mouse function stopped working.

Driver says it is updated on the keyboard and rollback driver is unavailable.

The driver for the mouse is nowhere to be found.

cecastillo2001, Nov 15, 2015
  4. Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

I guess, there must another driver installed previously to roll-back to. If you have upgraded to TH2, default drivers are basic, no previous version, unless you choose to via: Update driver - Browse - Let me pick ... .

TairikuOkami, Nov 15, 2015
  5. fireberd Win User
    Yeah, I just logged in to report that. Since upgrading to the 1511 version no driver rollbacks are available.

I manually updated my Realtek sound driver using the driver from the Realtek site. It now shows as a driver rollback is available.

fireberd, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager

1. Driver Rollback unavailable in Device Manager - Similar Threads - Driver Rollback unavailable

2. Driver is unavailable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver is unavailable: Hello, I bought a Canon printer and I am unable to print anything from my computer. I can copy and scan documents, but cannot print anything. I have tried using the Installation CD that came with it. No luck. I tried Canons website. It didn't work. I even had Canons technical...
  3. DRIVER UNAVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER UNAVAILABLE: I just bought a new HP printer and it is connected to the network. It says driver is unavailable so I can not print from my surface Pro-3. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-unavailable/45dba217-facd-4654-95b1-cfc832364b2d
  4. DRIVER UNAVAILABLE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER UNAVAILABLE: I just bought a new HP printer and it is connected to the network. It says driver is unavailable so I can not print from my surface Pro-3. How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-unavailable/45dba217-facd-4654-95b1-cfc832364b2d
  5. "Driver is Unavailable" and Mass Storage Device Unavailable"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "Driver is Unavailable" and Mass Storage Device Unavailable": "Driver is Unavailable" and Mass Storage Device Unavailable" issue just came up and cant seem to fix it ive tried everything . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-is-unavailable-and-mass-storage-device/eafcdceb-8095-4d88-891b-a96de6549752
  6. Device Manager - Drivers

Device Manager - Drivers: My newly purchased USB3 connected powers up when connected but nothing happens and when I check in DM I find the DVD/CD-ROM category does not appear in my device manager....
  7. USB driver rollback

USB driver rollback: Hello, I have an MP3 player that is not being recognized by my computer ever since a USB 3.0 extensible host controller driver update on 03JUN20. The roll back driver option is grayed out, and I can't seem to find an old version of this driver anywhere. Can anybody tell me...
  8. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: Hi I'm trying to view vhs tapes through an ADS Video Xpress converter and it keeps coming up saying driver unavailable. I have tried looking up ways of going onto this but it says that after windows vista its almost impossible to access for some reason. Can anyone help me...
  9. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: I removed my printer connection from my new hp laptop with Windows 10, hoping the download of hp software of same would make the scanner work too (which wasn't working) and instead, now, NEITHER one works, and although my printer "shows up" as a device that is connected it...
  10. No Rollback driver option

No Rollback driver option: Hi, My Camera keeps switching on and off, so I tried to update my driver and follow the instructions in the guide, but the rollback driver option is not highli[ATTACH]ghted. Am attaching a Screenshot, can you please help me ASAP as I have interviews going on....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek audio on hp envy roll back driver is grayed out

2. rollback changes device manager

3. error 0x80240061