Windows 10: Driver Search Choice

Discus and support Driver Search Choice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have noticed recently that when I go to check for an update to a driver in Device Manager and I click on a driver that I want to see if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonT5, Aug 5, 2020.

1. DonT5 Win User

Driver Search Choice

Hello,

I have noticed recently that when I go to check for an update to a driver in Device Manager and I click on a driver that I want to see if there is an update and the screen comes up that asks "How do you want to search for drivers?" I see the below screen:

Driver Search Choice ca3f58a3-f270-4d07-837e-75c4183f672f?upload=true.jpg

My question is what happened to the screen that said it would search the Internet as well for for the latest Driver Software and my computer as shown below. Now when I search for an update it only searches my computer and it take less than a second before it says I have the latest software. I have not made any changes at all.

Driver Search Choice 510a2ba9-e32b-4934-8315-8b2ed9bd235b?upload=true.jpg

Could someone shed some light on this as to why the change and maybe how I can set it back to search the internet as well?

Thank you

:)

DonT5, Aug 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 5, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Aug 5, 2020
  4. enso Win User

Driver Search Choice

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

enso, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Driver Search Choice

1. Driver Search Choice - Similar Threads - Driver Search Choice

2. PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PowerShell choice menu wait for choice to finish: Hello, I am just getting started with PowerShell and need some advice please. I have a script that has a choice menu to install software. The Installations are started with batch files and ps1 files. If I only select 1 choice it works fine. However if I select 2 the choices...
  3. Driver Search Choice Not Including Internet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Search Choice Not Including Internet: Hello, I have noticed recently that when I go to check for an update to a driver in Device Manager and I click on a driver that I want to see if there is an update and the screen comes up that asks "How do you want to search for drivers?" I see the below screen:...
  4. Disc choice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disc choice: What is the best disc to use to record my LPNs ? in music folder, WAV format I have CD-R, CD-RW DVD-R, DVD-RW. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disc-choice/3e92e995-164a-4454-9270-ae22220986c5
  5. Password Choice

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password Choice: Why does Microsoft not allow users to choose their own password? You change your password once with Microsoft and then you are stuck in the endless and merciless cycle of not remembering your new password and not being allowed to use your old password. Its one of the most...
  6. Antivirus choice

Antivirus choice: Hi i got very disappointed with Windows Defender, it kept deleting files, which I knew to be safe, so disabled everything about it I could find.then I began the search for a replacement. I can’t afford yearly subscriptions, so looked for free alternatives. I am unable to...
  7. Career choices

in Windows 10 Support
    Career choices: I am going to college in a few years and wanted to do pc repairs and/or open my own place. I had a question for you guys who own your own tech repair places/owned your own tech repair places: what education did you have if any? Any comments or info would be helpful. 150033
  8. Choices

in Windows 10 Customization
    Choices: Is anyone else tired of being told I can't do something can't disable quick access in file explorer can't remove Bing can't get Cortana do use Google can't use network sharing any more and the list goes on,] I'm sure you have a few things to add as well Why does it...
  9. ad choice

ad choice: How can I get rid of this? It takes up my screen and makes start up very slow Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ad-choice/38f9182a-6da7-4e55-a17d-07c497f9ee95"
  10. Processor choice??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Processor choice??: I'm torn between the following: 1. AMD A10-6800K 2. Intel I3-4150 The Intel is a better chip overall but would it be worth the effort to replace the motherboard to get the Intel?? TIA Jeff 5288