Windows 10: Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

Discus and support Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamuelCate, Jun 29, 2022.

1. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So, I decided to try and install windows 7 instead and while extracting the files from an ISO a few of the files encountered a sharing violation so I skipped over it and started setup. After the first restart It gave me error 0xc0000428, but it allowed me to continue into Windows 11, but the installer was now stuck in the error startup options. So, it kept giving me the same error after each startup. Then I did a factory restore returning to Window

:)

SamuelCate, Jun 29, 2022
  2. Gino Des Win User

disable driver signature enforcement

Hi Barbara,

To resolve this issue, let's use the command prompt to disable driver signature enforcement permanently on your computer. To disable, follow the steps below:

• Click the Start button.
    • On the search bar, type Command Prompt and then right-click
      Command Prompt
      in the results.
    • Select Run as Administrator, and then select Yes.
    • On the command prompt, enter bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on and press
      Enter.
    • Restart your computer.

Note: Doing this step will disable driver signature enforcement permanently and will make your computer vulnerable to driver issues.

Keep us updated with the results.

Gino Des, Jun 29, 2022
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    How to disable driver signature enforcement permenently.

Hi Ashan,

Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the security features that we make to make sure that only signed drivers can load on your system. Take note that disabling driver signature enforcement will install drivers that weren’t officially signed. To disable
    driver signature enforcement permanently, you can follow the steps below:

• Open an elevated Command Prompt. To do this, press the Windows
      key, type Command Prompt, press right click on the
      Command Prompt and select Run
      as administrator.
    • Type or paste the following:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks on
    • Restart your computer.

If you want to enable the driver signature enforcement, just follow the steps above and type or paste the following:

bcdedit.exe /set nointegritychecks off

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jun 29, 2022
  4. John Ado Win User

Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

Disabling driver signature enforcement

Hi Fabio,

Driver Signature Enforcement is one of the security features that we make to make sure that only signed drivers can load on your system. Note that disabling driver signature enforcement will install drivers that weren’t officially signed. Install only the
    drivers you trust. Follow these steps:

• Go to Settings > Update & security >
      Recovery
      > Advanced startup > Restart now.
    • Choose Troubleshoot > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings
      > Restart > F7 or 7.

Once it restarts, you may now install any third party drivers. Note that the next time you device restarts, driver signature enforcement will be enabled again.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

John Ado, Jun 29, 2022
Thema:

Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

1. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428 - Similar Threads - Driver signature enforcement

2. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver signature enforcement: I disabled driver signature enforcement by accident/ I tried to enable it again and I’m not sure if I did it correctly l whenever I try to load a game Easy anti cheat says it needs it enabled. Is there any way I can check and see if I have it enabled or is there a way to...
  3. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver signature enforcement: I disabled driver signature enforcement by accident/ I tried to enable it again and I’m not sure if I did it correctly l whenever I try to load a game Easy anti cheat says it needs it enabled. Is there any way I can check and see if I have it enabled or is there a way to...
  4. Driver signature enforcement

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428: A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So, I decided to try and install windows 7 instead and while extracting the files from an ISO a few of the files encountered a...
  6. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428: A few weeks ago, I updated to Windows 11 from Windows 10, and I realized it was a mistake, but I remembered that even Windows 10 was a little slow. So, I decided to try and install windows 7 instead and while extracting the files from an ISO a few of the files encountered a...
  7. Driver signature enforcement error 0xc0000428

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Driver Signature Enforcement

in Windows 10 Customization
    Driver Signature Enforcement: I have inadvertently disabled Driver Signature Enforcement and I can no longer reactivate it despite all the methods I have tried. Do you have a solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-signature-enforcement/98e61825-31e6-43b1-b4be-e1700e93a54a
  9. Driver Signature Enforcement

Driver Signature Enforcement: Hi All, A Day ago my computer would not boot and got stuck in a repair boot loop. I then did the bcdedit and i could finally see what went wrong. A "driver digital signature could not be verified" stopped everything. so I disabled driver signature enforcement and it booted....
  10. Driver Signature Enforcement

Driver Signature Enforcement: A couple of years ago when I got my Windows 10 machine it was working fine until I installed and attempted to run a game called someone's King Kong (I forgot the name, Jackson or something) and after it failed to work properly I uninstalled it. Then I started getting messages...