Windows 10: Driver Signing Problems

Discus and support Driver Signing Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I use a Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset and i have to keep the driver enforcement disabled in order to use this device because of an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by gamingfrog18, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Driver Signing Problems

Hello, I use a Corsair VOID PRO Wireless Gaming Headset and i have to keep the driver enforcement disabled in order to use this device because of an error message with the Code 52 Error that began to show up after Windows 10 updated one night on its own. However I then cannot use certain applications/games that have software that require the driver enforcement enabled. Can someone help?

:)

gamingfrog18, Feb 17, 2019

2. Best method to disable Vista/Vista 64 driver signing?

Black Ice:

It's not a matter of "try". The bcdedit command is not fully consistent and reliable for some folks.

So far, to me, it seems the third choice always locks (disables) the driver signing. If that is the case for anyone who uses it, then that would suggest it is the more reliable and consistent method of the ones I've listed, anyway.

Thanks for your feedback.

crchickadee, Feb 17, 2019
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Feb 17, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

Driver Signing Problems

ATI Driver install problems

It's all laid out here: How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

It could be a problem with the monitors OSD chip.

erocker, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Driver Signing Problems

1. Driver Signing Problems - Similar Threads - Driver Signing Problems

2. Sign on Problems

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign on Problems: Removed work profile from home laptop but when booting home laptop still prompts me for work password! Don't want any password access on my home profile. Tried everything, nothing seems to work : help...
  3. Sign-in problems

Sign-in problems: I have a new LG Gram running Windows 10. I can sign in with fingerprint. If I try to sign in with the password I set up, I get a message saying that my organization requires me to change password. This is my personal computer, and I am retired. I cannot enter anything in the...
  4. sign in problem

sign in problem: when i sign in cortana then it ask home or school or work account so i click home then a box appears that is fully blank then busy mouse comes and never goes means i cant sign in to cortana...
  5. Signing In problem

Signing In problem: Hi I am having a problem signing into my laptop and in apps such as office 365. I know it is not my account problem as It works fine on browser but not in app it shows me something went wrong. I am also adding a screenshot . Please help me it is so annoying to work like...
  6. Signing in problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing in problems: So i recently noticed my PC was slow so i went to reset it. I began the process and noticed after 20% it said undoing changes so after some time i gave up on it and tried to log into my computer. When i go to log in it brings me right back to the log in screen and doesn’t let...
  7. Sign in problems

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sign in problems: Hi there I don't seem to be able to change sign in options. When I go to the options it says that some options are unavailable or windows is preventing some options from being displayed. This means my laptop isn't able to be locked and if I could lock it, I can't change...
  8. Sign-in problems

Sign-in problems: Sometimes, when I try to sign in, my password is not recognised, I pick 'Forgotten password' and a link or code is sent to my registered email address to enable me to set a new password - but no email arrives. How can I change the email address to a different one?...
  9. Sign in problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign in problems: All of sudden my camera on my surface pro is not recognized for sign in. I have check the device it is functioning. I checked to see that I had the latest driver. All appears to be working. In all other programs the camera works correctly....
  10. Sign in problem

Sign in problem: When I enter the correct password in any form the computer changes the password: Skyraider becomes SDkyraider skyraider becomes sDkyraider. How do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-in-problem/2ed2e9aa-b375-4c43-a014-68e5c17e613b