Windows 10: Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

Discus and support Driver sleep and shutdown issue. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc. For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JosueVilla456, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

Hello, Ive been having an issue with my pc.

For the past 4 years i have been able to put the pc into sleep mode. recently my PC shuts down completely when put into sleep mode.

Not only that but when it shuts down it take 10 minutes for my pc to shutdown completely instead of 6 seconds. I think it could be a driver issue.

Its been giving me a headache ever since and i am stumped on what to do.

Specs:

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 18363
    Hardware: ASRock, Z97 Anniversary
    CPU: IntelR CoreTM i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz
    RAM: 32.0GB

Also have Whocrashed info if that helps:

On Sat 1/25/2020 1:08:22 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012520-5375-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C14E0
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFE209C3176060, 0xFFFFF98AF88458B0, 0xFFFFE209C9BEFA60
    Error: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 1/25/2020 1:08:22 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe nt!MmTrimAllSystemPagableMemory+0x24477
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFE209C3176060, 0xFFFFF98AF88458B0, 0xFFFFE209C9BEFA60
    Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. A device object has been blocking an IRP for too long a time.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Wed 1/22/2020 9:06:31 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012220-5046-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFA10F5C7B5820, 0xFFFFF8014D4CD8B0, 0xFFFFA10F60CCE980

On Wed 1/22/2020 8:44:25 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012220-6390-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x1C8266
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000009F 0x4, 0x12C, 0xFFFFD38C5E5D6140, 0xFFFFD10B3347D8E0
    Error: CUSTOM_ERROR

On Wed 1/22/2020 8:31:30 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\012220-7062-01.dmp
    Bugcheck code: 0x9F 0x3, 0xFFFFAF049BBFB9F0, 0xFFFFBF87FC07D8B0, 0xFFFFAF04A7113050

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

JosueVilla456, Jan 25, 2020
  2. Riel Alc Win User

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Hi,

For us to better assist you with your shutdown, sleep and IE issues, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done to resolve the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Shutdown & Sleep bug

Hello there,

I'm having Dell Inspiron 5547 when it was shipped it came with windows 8.1 64-bit with no issues of SLEEP & SHUTDOWN but when updated to windows 10 my laptop started having issues with SLEEP & SHUTDOWN.

1)When I close the lid or keep the system in sleep mode it never wakes up its need a hard boot or need to have forced shutdown by pressing the power button, still no patch for the bug is available.

2)when the system is shutdown it continues to draw power from the battery and in morning the battery is completely drained.

Have gone through entire suggestion given by Microsoft engineer & community member but had no solution.

Hence contacted Dell support but they told its Microsoft's problem hence contacted them below is the list of tickets so generated with no solution:-

Finally one of the Microsoft executive said it's an issue with the DELL drivers when contacted to DELL they said its an issue of MICROSOFT and they have in written from Microsoft that both issue are because of WINDOWS 10.

I'm feeling like a football who is been kicked from one goalpost to another with no goal scored...

Now what should be the final solution as now I can't rollback to windows 8.1 as I'm way past the grace period for rollback???

ankur_patel, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

Windows 10 Shutdown and sleep, IE keeps hanging

Thank you for the information you've provided.

In the meantime, we suggest installing all available Windows updates.

Note: Windows Updates will include the latest hardware driver, security, and features installation.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Riel Alc, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Driver sleep and shutdown issue.

1. Driver sleep and shutdown issue. - Similar Threads - Driver sleep shutdown

2. Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep: I got a new Dell m15 with windows 11 4 months ago, ever since I got this, I have had the issue of unexpected system shut downsonce a day atleast.I have searched a lot. Haven't been able to solve it.There are couple of solutions related to Hibernation option in advanced Power...
  3. Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 abrupt shutdown issue when in sleep: I got a new Dell m15 with windows 11 4 months ago, ever since I got this, I have had the issue of unexpected system shut downsonce a day atleast.I have searched a lot. Haven't been able to solve it.There are couple of solutions related to Hibernation option in advanced Power...
  4. Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 home shutdown and sleep issue: I have been having problems with windows shut down for a year. every time i have to shut it down manually using my power switch. i have tried several methods which have been mentioned online, nothing has worked so far. my pc is an Acer predator helios 300 2018. Pls, help me...
  5. Shutdown and Sleep Problem

Shutdown and Sleep Problem: I have Windows 10 in my HP Pavilion 15 Laptop. I am not able to shutdown my laptop even not able to put my laptop on sleep mode. Whenever, I shutdown my laptop its screen became blank and hard disk stop running while power button & Power led still show light. In that...
  6. Sleep and Shutdown

Sleep and Shutdown: This problem is really ridiculous. There are 3 pc's in the house and the main oneMINE has the problem.I have tried everything in all the previous folks that have the same problem to no sleep or shutdown. I have been just turning off monitors so they aren't damaged,if that...
  7. Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure on restart, shutdown, sleep: Hello Windows Ten support, Ever since I upgraded from Windows 10 Pro v1809 to v1903 I receive a BSOD Driver Power State Failure when I restart, shutdown or sleep. My computer attempts to shutdown and after about 5-10 minutes I receive the BSOD. This problem did not happen in...
  8. Shutdown/Sleep Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shutdown/Sleep Issue.: Hi all, wondering if anyone can offer any thoughts or advice. i'm running W10 from a W7 upgrade, and it's been pretty good so far. last night though i had an issue that occurred once before a month or so back. basically, i went to shut down, and instead of the usual blue...
  9. W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 shutdown/sleep/re-boot issues: Howdy all, I recently loaded W10 onto my computer. I completed a clean install. My computer is a HP-580t, I7, running a ssd hard drive. Motherboard is from Pegatron Corporation - IPMTB-TK. Legacy bios. Issues: When I shut down the computer, no matter what method it just...
  10. sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Support
    sleep/shutdown/cold boot issues: HP 8540w laptop, W10 up to date (14393-693), power config high performance, shutdown on lid close, sleep on power button, no devices wake computer except mouse and keyboard. Started with two issues: 1; Computer restarts immediately after a shutdown or sleep command. The...