Windows 10: Driver space decreasing

Discus and support Driver space decreasing in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My storage space has been decreasing. I got my laptop in April 2019. My driver, Windows C:, had 116 gigabytes during that time, but now my driver can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PoopityScoopity, May 18, 2021.

1. Driver space decreasing

My storage space has been decreasing. I got my laptop in April 2019. My driver, Windows C:, had 116 gigabytes during that time, but now my driver can only hold 58.2 GB. It has been slowly decreasing since the end of 2019 and my performance is getting worse. I've reset my laptop several times but nothing changed. There are no viruses or malware. What do I do?

:)

PoopityScoopity, May 18, 2021
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, May 18, 2021
  3. storage space rapidly decreasing

Thank you very much for responding. I will definitely try your suggestion. I did however want to make a point of the fact that the storage space is Constantly decreasing in size. So even if I find a program taking up space-what could possibly cause it
    to KEEP taking up space? so its not an issue of- a program was installed and is very big taking up a chunk of space-the issue is something is consistently eating away my 1TB hard drive. again-new computer. Thanks for your help.

cjoncooper, May 18, 2021
  4. Eric Ber Win User

Driver space decreasing

Drive C space decreases constantly

Hi,

One of the possible reasons why your disk space decreases is due to the automatic restore feature. This frequently happens when you installed a program or you have updated your device. To adjust the Automatic System Restore settings, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key.
    • Type Recovery.
    • Click Recovery, then select Configure System Restore.
    • Click Configure.

You'll be provide option to either disable system restore. Please take note that once you disabled System Restore, you won't be able to use the restore feature if you encountered any error in the future. You'll also see an option to modify the usage of your
    disk space allotted for System Restore. The Delete button will delete all restore points on your device.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Driver space decreasing

1. Driver space decreasing - Similar Threads - Driver space decreasing

2. Continuing decrease in C-drive free space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuing decrease in C-drive free space: My most recently posted inquiry was concerning huge etl files that were continually growing and eating up the free space on my C-drive. The two etl files Win<Sys.32<Log Files are now a little more than 3 GB and do not appear to be growing and thank you to the three forum...
  3. Disk space available randomly decreased

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk space available randomly decreased: Hello,I woke up today to find out my computer had only 550 MB left. I didn't add any files. Before, I had 3 GB left. I have a lot of PowerPoint files How can I fix this?Computer Specs:Dell Lattitude 3120 running Windows 11 Pro x64Intel Celery Celeron at 1.10 GHz4.00 GB of...
  4. Disk space available randomly decreased

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk space available randomly decreased: Hello,I woke up today to find out my computer had only 550 MB left. I didn't add any files. Before, I had 3 GB left. I have a lot of PowerPoint files How can I fix this?Computer Specs:Dell Lattitude 3120 running Windows 11 Pro x64Intel Celery Celeron at 1.10 GHz4.00 GB of...
  5. New Windows installed, disk space decreasing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    New Windows installed, disk space decreasing: Hello, today I installed a new windows, and there are still some updates ongoing, so I was wondering if it is normal for disk space to decrease for a lot, its decreasing gigabytes.... so I was wondering if it is normal while updates are ongoing or not? Thanks for help....
  6. New Windows installed, disk space decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows installed, disk space decreasing: Hello, today I installed a new windows, and there are still some updates ongoing, so I was wondering if it is normal for disk space to decrease for a lot, its decreasing gigabytes.... so I was wondering if it is normal while updates are ongoing or not? Thanks for help....
  7. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  8. Storage space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storage space keeps decreasing: so every time i reboot my free disk space goes down by about 1 gb and disk cleanup shows nothing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/storage-space-keeps-decreasing/a4b7be2f-fec1-45a0-83b1-8a5b8c66a364
  9. Computer space suddenly decreased

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Computer space suddenly decreased: So i switched from a HP to a ASUS L210 Ultra-Thin laptop, then i set up my pc, getting ready to use my new PC, but when i went to check my files i saw i had only 16.9 gigs left in space, i know i'm supposed to have 64 gigs or close to 64, but i cant believe it gaveme about 17...
  10. My C drive space keeps decreasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My C drive space keeps decreasing: [IMG]Hello users, My issue is that 4 days ago, I had 46GB around space free in my C drive. Next day, it decreased to 43GB and keeps on decreasing and today its 38GB. I didn't install any software, nor i did anything on C drive. I tried cleaning using diskcleanup, c...