Windows 10: Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft

Discus and support Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an Inspiron 7559, i7- 2.60GHZ of which 66.7GB is used from 199GB. Running WinDirStat I've identified 26.3GB in file repository. There are no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by rossmilne1, May 7, 2019.

1. Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft

I have an Inspiron 7559, i7- 2.60GHZ of which 66.7GB is used from 199GB.

Running WinDirStat I've identified 26.3GB in file repository.

There are no apps, downloads, history files etc., disc clean defrag etc etc has been performed.

Why is it impossible to get transparency from Microsft with an appropriate fix in regards the issue? Please dont tell me to delete files as has been advised in previous threads and then say don't delete files? I'm so happy our technical people in Microsoft are so accommodating in relation to their customers and can provide responses in native English!!

Mr. Frustrated

x

:)

rossmilne1, May 7, 2019
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Driver Store-File Repository using huge disk space. How can I reduce it?

Thank you for the update. Try deleting the unneeded drivers by following the steps below:

• On the search bar, type command prompt, right-click on it from the list then run it as
      Administrator.
    • Type the command pnputil.exe /e > c:\drivers.txt then click
      Enter.
    • This command will create a file drivers.txt on C: drive with the list of driver packages that are stored in the File Repository folder.
    • Delete all unnecessary drivers with the help of command pnputil.exe /d oemNN.inf (NN — is a number of drivers file package from drivers.txt, as example oem07.inf). In case the driver is in use, you will see an error while
      trying delete it.

Update with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Anne Ros, May 7, 2019
  3. Driver Store-File Repository using huge disk space. How can I reduce it?

Hi

Is it possible... that there will be drivers that are not inuse when I perform this action - that I may actually need?

kimhampson, May 7, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft

Driver Store-File Repository using huge disk space. How can I reduce it?

Hi Kim,

The driver store is a trusted location of inbox and third-party driver packages. Before a driver can be installed, it must first be injected into the driver store which is located under C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository. If
    you're having issues with the File Repository taking up a large space, you can try running the disk cleanup tool to free up some space on your PC as an initial workaround. Refer to this
    link to know how to run the disk cleanup tool.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Anne Ros, May 7, 2019
Thema:

Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft

1. Driver Store-File Repository too much disc space and no coherent response from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Driver Store File

2. Too Much Double Spacing ! ! !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Too Much Double Spacing ! ! !: I’m trying to get rid of all the crud that Ms has introduced into Win 11, my next pet-peeve to fix is all the double spacing everywhere. It’s easy to turn off Folder double spacing via View / Show / Compact view. But leave it to Ms, to where this setting does not cover...
  3. Too Much Double Spacing ! ! !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Too Much Double Spacing ! ! !: I’m trying to get rid of all the crud that Ms has introduced into Win 11, my next pet-peeve to fix is all the double spacing everywhere. It’s easy to turn off Folder double spacing via View / Show / Compact view. But leave it to Ms, to where this setting does not cover...
  4. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  5. System and Reserved Files are taking too much space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved Files are taking too much space: How do I get more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved-files-are-taking-too-much/d8633c93-1954-41e0-aeef-235348db06ba
  6. System Files taking up too much space

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  7. Systen Files taking up too much space

Systen Files taking up too much space: I've been having storage issues and I checked my system files. Asked a few people and searched it on web and found out that 70GB is too much. I don't know what seems to be the problem since Windows file isn't that huge. How do I fix this?...
  8. system and reserve files taking too much space

system and reserve files taking too much space: My system and reserve files are taking up 105 of the 119 GB available - what can I do about this. I have been running this system for about 4 years and this problem only just started happening a few months ago - I have followed all the steps of cleaning and optimizing storage...
  9. Log files taking up too much space

Log files taking up too much space: I recently noticed that the used space of my disk was constantly increasing. After poking around a bit, I found that the windows/Temp folder had tens of thousands of files named 'AppXDeploymentServer_'+long string of numbers and letters+.evtx. Each of these files is 5188 KB....
  10. Windows 10 takes too much disc space

Windows 10 takes too much disc space: I have installed Windows 10 64 bit just two days ago. When it was first installed it took only around 20 GB of disc space and then I have updated the windows. After updated now the windows is taking almost 50 GB of disc space. (99 GB disc space in c drive, now it has 32 GB...