Windows 10: Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

Discus and support Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BarbFizer, Nov 10, 2019.

1. BarbFizer Win User

Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate?

Is Driver Support a scam or legitimate?

:)

BarbFizer, Nov 10, 2019
  2. Is slimware driver update legitimate from Microsoft windows or a scam?

Is slimware driver update legitimate from Microsoft windows or a scam?

JillianWilson1, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Ditendra Win User

Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

This is obvious scam. Google employee would never call you.

"I just like to inform you that we are a legitimate company. Without your
    permission we cannot control your device because if we need to control your
    computer, we have to call you to run TeamViewer software, when you will
    share your Teamviewer ID & Password with us, then only it is possible for
    us to control your device with your permission. This is the way of a
    genuine company."

You need to remember that scammers are always trying to manipulate victims. This is their job. Of course they won't admit that they aren't legitimate or scammers. And them saying that they need your permission for remote controlling "to prove you that they're legitimate" is just another tactic of manipulation, so you think, "oh if they were scammers they wouldn't need my permission."

They are 100% scammers. You must be really very naive to not notice it. Anyway, all you need to do now is to block their number, put them in spam. They will probably try to call you again from the different numbers. Anytime they will call you, straightaway hangup. If they don't stop, I would suggest you to change your number. Also there is another way. I don't know if they were calling you to your smartphone or landline phone, but if it's a smartphone, then most smartphones have this ability where it blocks all unknown numbers automatically. I know it's not an ideal option, but it's the only thing to do if you don't want to change your phone number. For example my android phone has a feature to block calls from the strangers and also block calls from hidden numbers and even from contacts. Anyway, they somehow gained your personal information (number, email and etc)... And also remember, there are whole departments in the world that obtain, collect & then sell such information to scammers.

Next step after blocking and putting them in spam (& also report their emails to google) is to clean install of your windows if there's even a small suspicion that they had remote control of your computer. Disconnect your computer from the Internet. Format your disk and clean install Windows. After this change passwords of your important accounts & increase security as much as possible (very important to enable 2-step verification wherever you can).

And lastly, remember few golden rules:
    • Never give your credit card information to anyone! Even if God descends from the sky and asking your cc number.
    • Never make a transaction to some company you have not enough information, that has not reputation and name, in short in some shady companies and remember, even reviews can be faked and fabricated.
    • Never send money to strangers.
    • Never give strangers remote control of your computer.
    P.S. I suggest you to use password managers like Lastpass or Bitwarden, definitely use strong password and enable 2-step verification for them & also use strong and complex passwords (You can use this site for generating strong passwords: Strong Random Password Generator or you if you're using Chrome, it also can generate for you and also lastpass and bitwarden also have this ability).

Ditendra, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Driver Support Security a scam or legitimate? - Similar Threads - Driver Support Security

2. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  3. Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is This a Legitimate Tech Support Operation or Was My Husband Scammed: My husband contacted me today while I was out and said his computer had been hacked and hit with spyware. He did not call the number on his computer screen but instead got on his phone and googled what he thought was a Microsoft support phone number 888-387-4005 and that he...
  4. Was it a scam or was it legitimate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Was it a scam or was it legitimate?: I got a windows defender alert that I had a Trojan spyware and a loud recording that my laptop has been locked. I called the phone number given 855-999-9310. I received a call back from 206-414-0504. The first thing I was asked to do is disconnect my Wi-Fi and reconnect. I...
  5. Was it a scam or was it legitimate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Was it a scam or was it legitimate?: I got a windows defender alert that I had a Trojan spyware and a loud recording that my laptop has been locked. I called the phone number given 855-999-9310. I received a call back from 206-414-0504. The first thing I was asked to do is disconnect my Wi-Fi and reconnect. I...
  6. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  7. Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?

in Windows 10 Support
    Sophiisticated scam or legitimate service?: A couple of hours ago I was contacted by someone claiming to be from Google Security Services. Texas based, he said. I get several scam calls a week and handled this in my usual fashion with a "Not interested, don't call me again" and ended the call. But unusually this one...
  8. legitimate company or a scam?

legitimate company or a scam?: My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?...
  9. IS DRIVER SUPPORT ACTIVE OPTIMIZATION A SCAM?

IS DRIVER SUPPORT ACTIVE OPTIMIZATION A SCAM?: IS DRIVER SUPPORT ACTIVE OPTIMIZATION A SCAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-driver-support-active-optimization-a-scam/bc1105b4-19e1-4f18-a108-d2ce8928b492"
  10. Driver Support Scam?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Support Scam?: I am being charged for something from www.driversupport.com. What can I do about it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/driver-support-scam/9355a57b-2534-4f24-96f7-81adb64cf9c5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. driver support with active optimization

2. is driver support one legitimate