Windows 10: Driver unable to complete installation

Discus and support Driver unable to complete installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having trouble with the device driver for my Dell D6000 docking station. The device drivers for the usb hub and network adapter install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LachlanRussell, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Driver unable to complete installation

Hi,

I'm having trouble with the device driver for my Dell D6000 docking station. The device drivers for the usb hub and network adapter install successfully and function correctly, however the display adapter does not. In device manager it yields the following message:

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. Code 31

{Operation Failed}
    The requested operation was unsuccessful."

and the event log has the following error:

"Device USB\VID_17E9&PID_6006&MI_00\7&18fba3e9&9&0000 had a problem starting.

Driver Name: oem104.inf
    Class Guid: {4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
    Service: WUDFRd
    Lower Filters:
    Upper Filters: IndirectKmd
    Problem: 0x1F
    Problem Status: 0xC0000001"

I've confirmed with the manufacturer that I'm using the latest version of their driver 9.3.3147.0 and my version of windows 10 is up to date Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.18363.

I've also confirmed that the docking station functions correctly with another Windows 10 computer.

Any suggestions for resolving this?

Thanks,

Lachlan

:)

LachlanRussell, Mar 9, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Driver unable to complete installation :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Mar 9, 2020
  3. unable to install bluetooth adapter driver software

Hi Neil,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are unable to install the software for the driver in normal mode, I suggest you to install the same in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below:

• Right click on the setup file of the software and select
      “Properties”.
    • Select “Compatibility” Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to“Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.
    • Let the software install and then check thefunctionality.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Driver unable to complete installation

No Realtek Drivers In Device Manager And Unable To Install The Drivers.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the complete model number of your computer?
    2. Do you see red mark on the Sound icon from the taskbar?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to remove the traces of Realtek software from your computer completely by
    fixing problems that blocks programs from being installed or removed.

Then, please follow all the steps mentioned in How to: Install and Update Hardware
    Drivers in Windows 10
    and check if this helps.

Give it a shot and let us know of any changes.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

Driver unable to complete installation

1. Driver unable to complete installation - Similar Threads - Driver unable complete

2. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  3. Unable to install driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install driver: I want to install a driver and don’t worry I know it’s safe but windows it’s not allowing me. How do I get an unsigned driver https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver/535c7364-8d5c-40b4-ae36-f5bfff509f37
  4. Drivers are unable to be installed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drivers are unable to be installed: I've asked for help on this problem before, but stopped receiving any replies or suggestions, the link to it is given below.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-manager-lists-devices-as-driverless/bdf4e992-a188-455d-a9a0-9c97afc80c26Any device I...
  5. Unable to complete Windows update installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete Windows update installation: I have a Dell Latitude E6540 that hangs when trying to install the latest Windows 10 update. It installed the version released in early November or late October but only after a lot of trouble doing so. I've tried to install 3 times, and it always hangs at about 84%. Then...
  6. Unable to install drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to install drivers: Hi, I'm having an annoying problem with my pc, so call me dumb right here, but, I accidentally uninstalled my ethernet controller on my pc, it's a bit annoying but normally it wouldn't have been a problem. The problem is, when I try reinstalling the drivers, it, just......
  7. Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows

Unable to complete installation of iCloud for windows: I noticed yesterday that icloud had not downloaded any photos to my laptop since 8th May. I checked all settings and all looked ok. I tried a manual download but nothing happened. I finally uninstalled icloud and attempted to reinstall. The first part of the install was...
  8. Firefox unable to complete re-install....

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox unable to complete re-install....: Having had problems earlier with Firefox my default browser decided to remove and re-install, however the new download is unable to complete saying try again. This sounds as though it hasn't uninstalled properly to begin with so any ideas how to resolve this ? Thanks...
  9. Unable to complete Tachomaster installation

Unable to complete Tachomaster installation: I have tried to install software from Tachomaster, which has a local postgresql database included with it When it tries to install the database I get the message: rrSQL.Connect : Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly...
  10. Unable to complete installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to complete installation: Hi all. Apologies if this is a repeat topic, I had a look and couldn't see anything here that answered my question. I'm trying to do a fresh install of Windows 10 on a laptop. The laptop was previously on 7. I am also replacing the HDD with an SSD, and adding new RAM....