Windows 10: Driver Unavailable

Discus and support Driver Unavailable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having problems trying to print from my HP Envy 4520, it keeps saying Driver Unavailable, how do I add it, was working fine up to 3 days ago. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JayneChalkley, Jul 6, 2020.

1. Driver Unavailable

I am having problems trying to print from my HP Envy 4520, it keeps saying Driver Unavailable, how do I add it, was working fine up to 3 days ago. I am not tech savy!!!

:)

JayneChalkley, Jul 6, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Jul 6, 2020
  3. Driver Unavailable

Hi Peter,

Receiving error "Driver unavailable." is self-explanatory. Usually, a driver is built-in when using plug and play devices such as flash drives. To address the issue, I suggest that you reinstall the driver.

Here's how:

• Press Windows+X, and then select Device Manager.
    • Locate the flash drive's driver, right-click, and then select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC.

If the above solution doesn't help, you may need to download and install the needed software from the flash drive manufacturer's website or better yet, contact the manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jul 6, 2020
  4. Driver Unavailable

printer driver is unavailable

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will be glad to assist you with this issue.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• How exactly did you try to download the drivers?
    • Did you try to check if the printer driver's are shown in the device manager?
    Let's try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and device
      troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 2: I suggest you to visit the manufacturer website of the printer and download and install the latest drivers and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 6, 2020
Thema:

Driver Unavailable

1. Driver Unavailable - Similar Threads - Driver Unavailable

2. Why do all the printers show driver unavailable.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do all the printers show driver unavailable.: We have a Window 10 2019 Server and repeatedly users have issues printing. When we look at the Printers & Scanners on the server all the printer have a status of either 'Driver unavailable' or 'Device Offline'. I am an app developer and get the first call, what can I look for...
  3. Why do all the printers show driver unavailable.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why do all the printers show driver unavailable.: We have a Window 10 2019 Server and repeatedly users have issues printing. When we look at the Printers & Scanners on the server all the printer have a status of either 'Driver unavailable' or 'Device Offline'. I am an app developer and get the first call, what can I look for...
  4. Why do all the printers show driver unavailable.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BCM20702A0 Insignia Bluetooth adapter not working, driver error/unavailable driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BCM20702A0 Insignia Bluetooth adapter not working, driver error/unavailable driver...: @https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcm20702a0-insignia-bluetooth-adapter-not-working/fad6ecbf-e47b-4367-9d78-c6db705ad01aFirst Let me preface this with the fact I have been dealing with this issue for about 2 years and didn't even think to move it wayyyy...
  6. BCM20702A0 Insignia Bluetooth adapter not working, driver error/unavailable driver...

BCM20702A0 Insignia Bluetooth adapter not working, driver error/unavailable driver...: @https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bcm20702a0-insignia-bluetooth-adapter-not-working/fad6ecbf-e47b-4367-9d78-c6db705ad01aFirst Let me preface this with the fact I have been dealing with this issue for about 2 years and didn't even think to move it wayyyy...
  7. printer error ' driver is unavailable'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    printer error ' driver is unavailable': I have an HP Laser Jet MFP M234dwe that is wirelessly connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad that successfully prints. However, the other laptop ten feet away - Lenovo IdeaPad3 doesn't recognize this printer. I get an error message 'driver is unavailable' and at the bottom right on...
  8. printer error ' driver is unavailable'

printer error ' driver is unavailable': I have an HP Laser Jet MFP M234dwe that is wirelessly connected to a Lenovo Thinkpad that successfully prints. However, the other laptop ten feet away - Lenovo IdeaPad3 doesn't recognize this printer. I get an error message 'driver is unavailable' and at the bottom right on...
  9. printer error ' driver is unavailable'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Printer driver unavailable - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer driver unavailable - Windows 11: I have a new laptop. One brother printer installed fine. The new printer won't install no matter what i do. Exactly the same issue as thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-unable-to-add-a-printer/e9f13785-f5ec-4240-920d-43782c8e8a3d?page=1Has...