Windows 10: Driver update has changed settings

Discus and support Driver update has changed settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi everyone Yesterday, I got a notification from the AMD Radeon Settings application that my drivers needed updating. So , i followed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SammYMV, Dec 18, 2019.

1. SammYMV Win User

Driver update has changed settings

Hi everyone

Yesterday, I got a notification from the AMD Radeon Settings application that my drivers needed updating. So , i followed the instructions , and it downloaded fine.However at the end of the installation, the settings said that it was recommended to restart your PC. So i did this. I then left the room , only to be come back 5 minutes later to find thta my resolution was completely wrong. So , my first action was to go into Windows settings and attempt to change resolutions. However windows only gave me two options: 800x600 or 1280x720. It also said next to 800x600 that this was the recommended resolution - it said in brackets : '(recommended)'. So i then try to open my cpu settings , and I get the following message.

Driver update has changed settings [​IMG]So today, i boot my PC again , and i get the same issue. No driver , wrong resolution.I have tried booting into safe mode , but there are no changes. I then tried installing the latest CPU drivers from AMD's website. However Microsoft store tries to block the download, which is something i have never encountered, despite downloading the same file multiple times before. I choose to install it despite the warnings, and after waiting for it to download, i get a message saying that the software will not work on my PC. So i am currently downloading the previous version of the driver , and it seems to be downloading fine. I have chosen to go for a clean install, and i hope this will fix it.

Has anyone got any idea what I should do?

My specs:

AMD A8-7650K

AMD Radeon R7 integrated graphics

8GB DDR3 RAM

500GB Seagate HDD

Corsair VS450 PSU

Motherboard is an ASUS A88XM-Plus Micro Atx

Running Windows 10 home 64 bit

By the way , I was trying to install an update for a game whilst i updated the drivers , which was probably a mistake. The game was Sansar.

Thank you in advance

:)

SammYMV, Dec 18, 2019
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jan 6, 2020
  3. NVIDIA Control Panel (profile settings) have changed after updating Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you replying.

Yes, I suggest you to keep your drivers updated.

Windows 10 periodically checks for updates so you don’t have to. When an update is available, it’s automatically downloaded and installed, keeping your device up to date with the latest features and security improvements.
    If drivers are also updated automatically with Windows update, the setting may change to default.

If the latest updates provided by the Microsoft is changing the profile settings, stop the updates from installing the driver software automatically. Follow the steps mentioned below to change device installation settings.

Steps:-

1. Tap on Windows + Pause Break, and click Advanced system settings.
    2. Select Hardwareand tap on
      Device Installation Settings.
    3. Choose the option No, let me choose what to do.
    4. Select the option Never install driver software from Windows Update.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 6, 2020
  4. malware Win User

Intel Updates Core 2 Quad Q9550 to E-0 Stepping

We continue our Monday news list with another Intel story that brings to our attention information concerning the company and more specificly its 2.83GHz Core 2 Quad Q9550 chips that will move from the current C-1 to the newer E-0 stepping. The updated chips will start selling on August 22nd, featuring the following changes:
    • New SSpec and MM numbers for the converting products
    • CPUID will change from 0x10677 to 0x1067A
    • Package change to Halide free package
    Apart from that, the new stepping CPUs will not include any other changes. Of course, like most new stepping parts a BIOS update will be needed.

Product Change Notification 108663 - 00

Source: TechConnect Magazine

malware, Jan 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Driver update has changed settings - Similar Threads - Driver update has

2. KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting....: KB5036450 update has changed the taskbar to be the same as the look as the desktop setting. there is no way to change the taskbar to a solid color anymore You had your desktop and your taskbar had a solid color so you could see your app icons and the time and date. Now you...
  3. Intel celeron 4gb ram has no network.Tried updating drivers but there is no change at...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel celeron 4gb ram has no network.Tried updating drivers but there is no change at...: What should I do please help me it's been 2 days trying almost everything now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-celeron-4gb-ram-has-no-networktried-updating/6787389e-8bc4-46b8-90ec-3f089fc9b7e2
  4. Intel celeron 4gb ram has no network.Tried updating drivers but there is no change at...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel celeron 4gb ram has no network.Tried updating drivers but there is no change at...: What should I do please help me it's been 2 days trying almost everything now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-celeron-4gb-ram-has-no-networktried-updating/6787389e-8bc4-46b8-90ec-3f089fc9b7e2
  5. Intel celeron 4gb ram has no network.Tried updating drivers but there is no change at...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. updates changing settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    updates changing settings: Is there a way to get the updates without completely resetting all of the settings on my computer? Cortana is irredeemable. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updates-changing-settings/17e9ab32-37ec-45f8-ae10-4d9300a8bf2e
  7. Has MSN settings changed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Has MSN settings changed?: For the past 2 months, when starting MSN, I need to log into my MSN email, FaceBook every time? And I customize my MSN home page for just what I want to see, and I have to redo this every time? Has something changed with MSN? Anyone else having this issue? Have yet to get...
  8. has windows 10 update changed networking settings

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    has windows 10 update changed networking settings: Since the Dec 2018 Windows update our networking has failed over and over with no obvious problems. Is this common is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/has-windows-10-update-changed-networking-settings/1762d11b-2eab-4a39-a5f0-204393b242c4
  9. COMPUTER HAS CHANGED /DRIVER ARE DIFFERENT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    COMPUTER HAS CHANGED /DRIVER ARE DIFFERENT: I BROUGHT A HP DESKTOP CORE i5 NO HYPER THREADING HAS TURBO BOOT . PRESENTLY MY COMPUTER HAS CHANGED IT'S 1YEAR OLD THIS MONTH. THE ARCHITECTURE _HAS CHANGED TO AMD . I HAVE A YELLOW TRIANGLE ON MY DESKTOP .WINDOWS 32.2000,2001,2005,2008,VISA, XP. WINDOW 7 CONTROL MY WINDOW...
  10. Update has changed keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update has changed keyboard settings: The @ key now displays as " and vice versa - looks to have happened following the latest Windows update. Can't seem to change keyboard settings - what should I be doing?...