Windows 10: Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS

Discus and support Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am posting this from the Win10 laptop top that is experience a connectivity problem with MicrosoftOnline .com where I get my email. Recently I did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SOHO1, Feb 23, 2016.

1. SOHO1 Win User

Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS

I am posting this from the Win10 laptop top that is experience a connectivity problem with MicrosoftOnline .com where I get my email. Recently I did some driver updates to this Dell Inspiron.

After reboots, I find I cannot connect to outlook on MicrosoftOnline.com and the web browser reports the following connection problem details:

Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS [​IMG]

Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS [​IMG]

:)

SOHO1, Feb 23, 2016
  2. rikiripai Win User

Set Up Wizard

I don't remember I disable the network managing bloatware, how to reconnect it?

by the way I've tried to manage the network learned from youtube tutorial video " fix one ore more missing network protocol ". but still can not fix the missing protocol issue.

I've try to reset my PC but failed to reset.

this network missing protocol is really killing me..

rikiripai, Feb 23, 2016
  3. Missing network protocol in windows 10

I had a rough time with this one, below is my fix

NETWORK DEVICE - Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

Driver Version 10.6.1001.2015 is automatically installed (forced) by Windows 10. The driver update completely kills network connection. I can get it working for a few seconds by setting network connection to private (using the HomeGroup Troubleshooter),
    but it resets itself to public and all connection is lost again. I have also tested with most recent driver on realtek.com (version 10.008, from 2016/5/24) and the issue persists.

The only workaround I have come up with is completely uninstalling the device (and driver) in device manager. After restart, Windows briefly gets connection by installing built-in driver (9.1.402.2015). After a few seconds it automatically updates to new
    driver, killing connectivity. In device properties, driver tab, I "roll-back driver" and quickly disable the device. I then open gpedit.msc and navigate to Computer Configuration/Administrative Templates/System/Device Installation/Device Installation Restrictions.
    I navigate to "Prevent Installation of devices that match any of these device ID's". I enable this setting and list the Hardware ID of the realtek network device causing the issue. To get hardware ID, go to Device Manager, right click on device, properties,
    Details tab, select Hardware Ids from the drop down.

The device continues to use the old (working) driver after that and I get network connection when I re-enable the device. After changing this setting however, every time Windows Update runs it gives an error about failure to install the driver update (caused
    by group policy setting).

PC DETAILS:

The model of PC is: HP ProDesk 400 G3 SFF, T4L81UT#ABA, 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5-6500 Quad-Core.

HP Computer Store / Laptop Store | HP® Official Store

WORKING DRIVER: 9.1.402.2015

NON-WORKING DRIVERS: 10.6.1001.2015 and 10.008 (2016/5/24)

Hopefully this will help someone out.

ClentonWhite, Feb 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

If you do a search, everyone is very well aware of this when 10586 rolled out. There is a very long thread that is a sticky on this forum section that tells how to fix the problem. You need to disable Windows from updating Drivers is the first step.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  5. SOHO1 Win User
    OMG! I've gone blind! I cannot find the sticky. I completely admit that I have not read the sticky on Post your Internet speed. Somehow, that didn't seem related.

I remember a guy I worked with that used to say "works OK on my machine".

As to driver updates, these updates were from the manufacturer, DELL.

Mind posting the URL? Thanks bro.

SOHO1, Mar 1, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    It is the post with over 300 posts and a check mark that is the sticky in this forum. The bugs you are talking about have been worked out. It is people having issues with incompatible hardware that is no longer supported, or not updating to the chipset mfg drivers, vs. letting Windows install the drivers.

Windows 10 is not like having to learn how to re-use Windows. You are reading too much into the problem that you are having, along with not taking ownership like everyone else has to find the solution to their problem.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver update killed MicrosoftOnline (only?) MISSING NETWORK PROTOCOLS - Similar Threads - Driver update killed

2. Missing Network Protocols

in Browsers and Email
    Missing Network Protocols: I'm trying to get to Gibson's Research website. I cannot access it. I'm being told I'm missing network protocols. Haven't a clue. Any idea's. How do I find what protocols I'm missing. Windows 10 on a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet. Chrome, Internet Explorer, and Edge cannot...
  3. One or more network protocols missing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    One or more network protocols missing?: So I've had this issue for about three days now. I am able to connect to my home router, but I am unable to connect to the Internet. Troubleshooter said "One or more network protocols are missing". Not sure what happened, never touched networking except for connecting to my...
  4. Network protocol missing after version 10 update

Network protocol missing after version 10 update: Cannot access the Internet after version 10 is installed on my desktop. 34239
  5. Network Protocols Missing

Network Protocols Missing: Noted immediately after 1511 total system update, yet may have been inherited from an earlier build... All is working well, yet Network Troubleshooter reports "one or more network protocols is missing." Various posted remedies have been verified or implemented, to no...
  6. One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing

One Or More Network Protocols Are Missing: So I let Windows fix it for me, and I usually need to toggle my WiFi connection off and back on again. But then I have the same connection problem again. I read there was some recent update from Microsoft causing this problem. Does anyone know who to get rid of it...
  7. Missing Protocols

Missing Protocols: I am attempting to use my Internet but it will not let me to put it straightforwardly. It shows a connection but will not let me use it. I ran the troubleshooter and it tells me I'm missing one or more network protocols and asks me if I'd like to try fixes as admin. I...
  8. Missing Network Protocols Windows 10

Missing Network Protocols Windows 10: What can be done about "Missing Network Protocols", Windows 10 both computers/laptops? 41422
  9. W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols

W10 INCOMING connections - missing network protocols: Hi there It seems that for earlier computers such as XP / W7 or even Linux machines connecting TO a W10 machine causes problems unless you connect via an IP address. Even if you apply the "Fix automatically" it still doesn't work and if you re-try the INCOMING...
  10. Network protocols missing, can not connect to only ONE COMPUTER

Network protocols missing, can not connect to only ONE COMPUTER: First of all, I want to say that I've tried every solution there is for this problem, from reinstalling drivers, wifi card, all cmd commands and even importing working registry values, from another computer... In short, nothing worked. Laptop "P"=windows 10, hp laptop,...