Windows 10: Driver Update utilities?

Discus and support Driver Update utilities? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; There are numbers of driver scanning and updating software to download in the Internet, like this: Free Driver Scanner | Windows Driver Update and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by pirix, Feb 6, 2016.

1. pirix Win User

Driver Update utilities?

pirix, Feb 6, 2016

2. Unable to access a web site after update windows 10

Hi.

Yesterday a web site i have used for years was blocked/unable to connect.

Using mobile broadband from EE at work for a laptop. Site available using home broadband and if phone using the mobile broadband.

Only thing that had changed on my laptop was a update the previous day.

Restored to pre update,all ok.

Its only a car auction site ,nothing dodgy.

Why?????

Thanks Andy

Cobra driver, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Win10 BAD_POOL_HEADER crash

Turns out the Dlink USB wifi adapter is what causing the bad pool header BSODs. Strange as I've been using it for the past year under Windows 10 without prior issues. Now when it's unplugged the computer runs fine with no BSODs, plugged in and it BSOD several
    times.

As it has no win10 drivers, I may have to buy a new wifi adapter.

lorry-driver, Feb 6, 2016
  4. Driver Update utilities?

I have never found a reliable driver updater, but this one came pretty close: Driver Talent

TairikuOkami, Feb 6, 2016
  5. WHS
    whs Win User
    I don't believe in these programs. They alert you each time there is a change in the driver - 90% of the time it does not relate to you like an update for the Hungarian language pack.

6. I use Auslogic Driver Updater not free but have used it for about 2 years.
    Runs in the background
    Alerts you when driver out of date or new version
    Once you ok it
    Installs no problem
    Once done just need a restart to finish off

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    I agree. It's good enough for me.

davidhk, Feb 6, 2016
  8. stormy13 Win User

Driver Update utilities?

Most are nothing more than snake-oil. Any that charge for a driver download are to be avoided at all cost as they are one of the biggest scams going. Won't go quite so far with one's that are a one time payment, but you are still throwing money away for something that can be had free.

Easiest method of obtaining driver updates is to know what hardware you have and go to the manufacturer's website, and keep the link in your favorites/bookmarks.

As far as updating drivers goes, the only driver(s) that should be updated on a properly working system are video and possibly sound drivers(certain keyboard and mouse drivers as well), and those are easily and freely available from the video card manufacturer's website. And even then they only really need to be updated if there is a fix/profile for a new game or any possible issue you may be having.

stormy13, Feb 6, 2016
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    I go by the principle - if it ain't broke, don't fix it. I have never in my life updated a driver. And I run 7 PCs (in 3 locations).

10. dalchina New Member
    The only time to use one of these is if you really can't find a driver for sthg. Sometimes they are useful then. E.g. Drivermax found me my missing coprocessor driver for my 6 year old laptop with clean installed 64 bit Win 10 (no support from HP).

Win 10 is supposed to look after your drivers for you.... at least, that's the idea... (until it doesn't work out)

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Driver Update utilities?

1. Driver Update utilities? - Similar Threads - Driver Update utilities

2. updating drivers from driver fix utility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updating drivers from driver fix utility: I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all...
  3. updating drivers from driver fix utility

in Windows 10 Support
    updating drivers from driver fix utility: I have an HP laptop. CPU Z utility shows following about it. as shown in above there is a driver update section. So I click on it and it installs Driver fix application on my laptop. The application shows following details so I download by clicking on the application all...
  4. Driver Utility?

Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  5. Driver Utility?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Driver Utility?: Hi, What do you guys use to et the newest drivers? Glary Utilities Pro isn't for this is it? 182767
  6. Drivers & Utilities Software Updater

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers & Utilities Software Updater: hello all out there , i am curious if we have any legit application to scan our windows/system for any updates like usb/audio/etc devices. there are thousand in the web but unfortunately they are all scams......
  7. semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    semav6msr64(Intel Driver Update Utility Installer) BSOD Issue: submitted by /u/Kamekou [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/epjr4h/semav6msr64intel_driver_update_utility_installer/
  8. Utility for info drivers

Utility for info drivers: Hello everyone. Can anyone tell me if there is a utility for Windiws 10 to get information about installed drivers? For example, if the driver is 32 or 64 bit, for which version of Windows the driver was built (W7, W8, etc.). To use an old SCSI controller (U320 and PCI-X) in...
  9. Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem)

Weird Intel Driver Update Utility problem? (Wi-Fi driver problem): Recently, the WiFi on this particular laptop has been sub-par. Downloading the same file, the WiFi downloads at the rate of 70 kbps (pretty bad) while the Ethernet cable is at 700 kbps ~ 1000 kbps. I know that the Ethernet is almost always faster than the WiFi but the...
  10. Driver update Utility

Driver update Utility: All: I have a program that wants to update my drivers. It said it found 3 drivers that were outdated & wanted to update them! I said yes with some trepidation, then it asked for my Email address! That's were I stopped & backed out & cancelled the whole thing! In...