Windows 10: Driver updater bluescreen locked me

Discus and support Driver updater bluescreen locked me in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I decided it was abt time to update my drivers and i regret it, alot. i downloaded winzip driver updater and used the free version to update everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/magicalanalbead, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Driver updater bluescreen locked me

I decided it was abt time to update my drivers and i regret it, alot. i downloaded winzip driver updater and used the free version to update everything and when i restarted i got blue screened. i turned off my pc unplugged my second drive (which i always do when i need to problem solve because ive had problems with my bios not detecting the ssd while a hard drive is installed) went to the repair screen restored to nov 26th and had no problems. until i shut down after a short time of playing with friends to plug back in my hard drive. i dont understand how this couldve happened because my copy of windows is on my ssd but when i powered back on i got the same blue screen “bad system config info” and now when i try to restore it says drive must be protected, i found a way around this with cmd but the restore fails every time. Worst case scenario: install windows on my hard drive and salvage whatever i can fit before formatting my main drive to then do the same to my second once i move the needed files over. I am looking for any ideas to fix this without wiping my drive.

errors: normal launch: bad system info config safe mode: critical process died restore attempts: unspecified error 0x80070002

submitted by /u/magicalanalbead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/magicalanalbead, Nov 30, 2020

2. Random lock up, in DESPERATE need of help.

Lock ups can be caused by overheating, or sound failure.

Make sure you update your chipset drivers for audio. Also tell me step by step of how you install your heatsink.

Hybrid_theory, Nov 30, 2020
  3. bluescreen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community.

I understand that it can be frustrating for you when the computer shows bluescreen errors. Bluescreen errors are usually caused due to faulty hardware or drivers. We will try to narrow down the cause of the issue by performing a few steps.

1. Do you get bluescreen errors randomly or while performing any specific actions such as playing a game or running any particular application?
    2. Do you see any error code along with the message “DRIVERS POWER STATE FAILURE”?
    3. Are there any external devices connected to your computer?

The usual causes for bluescreen errors are Graphic card drivers and Network adapter drivers. We can go ahead and try to update the drivers.

Refer the article Update drivers in Windows 10 on how to update Graphic card
    and Network drivers.

You may also refer the article Troubleshoot blue screen errors
    for additional troubleshooting steps to fix the issue.

You can reply to this post if you need further assistance

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 30, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Driver updater bluescreen locked me

bluescreen

We appreciate your reply. Since you mentioned that after using the Avast driver updater the issue started, we suggest that you rollback the drivers that you've updated and see if there will be any changes. To rollback the driver, you may follow the steps
    below:

• Press Windows + R on the desktop screen.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
    • Expand the category you want and right click on the driver and select properties.
    • Navigate to driver tab and click on
      RollBack driver.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Nov 30, 2020
Thema:

Driver updater bluescreen locked me

1. Driver updater bluescreen locked me - Similar Threads - Driver updater bluescreen

2. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  3. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update locked me out of laptop: I did an update 3 days ago on windows 10. I'm now locked out of my computer as Bitlocker has been turned on. I have never turned this on I didn't even know this was a thing till now. This isn't too much of a problem for me and files I don't mind losing them. We have tried...
  4. Update locked me out of laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6: Hello,I tried to update my drivers via the original manufacturer's MSI Live Update 6 and then it all began. It could be that i dont quite remember every single step that i've taken since then but anyway as an end result i then upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 got my BIOS...
  6. Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreens after updating Drivers with MSI Live Update 6: Hello,I tried to update my drivers via the original manufacturer's MSI Live Update 6 and then it all began. It could be that i dont quite remember every single step that i've taken since then but anyway as an end result i then upgraded my windows 10 to windows 11 got my BIOS...
  7. Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.

Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.: So I decided updating windows after bugging me about it for a solid 3 weeks, and before the update, everything was fine. I had 144hz compatibility, and all the good stuff. Now, post-update, windows removed nvidia control panel, I can no longer use 144hz, when I try to use...
  8. Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.: So I decided updating windows after bugging me about it for a solid 3 weeks, and before the update, everything was fine. I had 144hz compatibility, and all the good stuff. Now, post-update, windows removed nvidia control panel, I can no longer use 144hz, when I try to use...
  9. Windows update giving me constant bluescreens, and worse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. New update locks me out.

New update locks me out.: Hi guys and gals, I was just wondering if anyone knows of any fixes for the current windows update, I've reinstalled it 5 times now with the same issue. The issue being it boots up as normal, I get to the lock screen, I enter my pin and then my screen blinks then it's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. winzip driver updater bluescreen