Windows 10: Driver updates adn audio device issues

Discus and support Driver updates adn audio device issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed (3) recommended Intel driver updates on Tuesday October 9th. They completed successfully. But since them, I have two issues: 1) The Dell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JaredPriceAST, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Driver updates adn audio device issues

I installed (3) recommended Intel driver updates on Tuesday October 9th. They completed successfully. But since them, I have two issues:

1) The Dell Audio device/microphone is not detected and does not work ( no sound, no way to configure it)

2) When I reboot I get a pop-up window error message of the nature: "Unable to start the Blue Stack…"

3) When I plug in an external speaker (min-plug device), nothing happens. No detection and usual pop up configuration, no sound,,,nothin

What to do?

Thanks

J R Price

Note: I can get sound from my external Dell monitor (which is connected over HDMI)

Note2: Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse are working.

And from Dell support assist, these are drivers installed on 10/9

- Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver and Management Console - A09 - 28 MB - Recommended - Installed

- Intel HD Graphics Driver - A12 - 338 MB - Recommended - Installed

- Intel Management Engine Components Installer - A01 - 107 MB - Urgent - Installed

Also from Windows installer there are two Quality updates on 10/9

My system:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    System Model XPS 13 9350
    System Type x64-based PC

:)

JaredPriceAST, Oct 11, 2018

2. Audio device issue

Hi Venu,

Incompatible audio device drivers are known to operate against the method that Windows 10 follows. First, uninstall the audio driver, then follow these steps to resolve the issue:

• Right-click on the name of your PC at the top of the list of devices in
      Device Manager
    • Select Scan for hardware changes to reinstall the device driver, or download and install the latest version from the manufacturer’s website.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Oct 11, 2018
  3. Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Driver updates adn audio device issues

Audio breaks down after updating the audio drivers on Windows 10

Hello Thomas,

As you are facing issues with accessing the audio sounds after updating the audio driver, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is this issue confined to accessing sounds from any specific video on your device?

This issue might have occurred due audio driver issues. Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Rollback the audio drivers to previous version as the issue persists after updating the driver and check if it helps.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager, expand the audio driver, right click on the driver, select
    Properties. Under Drivers tab click on
    Rollback Driver
    (If enabled)

Step 2: Fix the driver issues.

Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on
    Device Manager and on Scan for hardware changes.

Step 3: I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article about sound issues and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

Hope it helps. Update us if you are still facing issues with accessing the audio, we will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Driver updates adn audio device issues

1. Driver updates adn audio device issues - Similar Threads - Driver updates adn

2. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues: Hello,I recently purchased a new headset. When plugging in via USB, my machine does not seem to automatically detect the USB device and install drivers. While following the manufacturer's recommendations and installing the G Hub app to get the drivers installed, I noticed...
  3. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues: Hello,I recently purchased a new headset. When plugging in via USB, my machine does not seem to automatically detect the USB device and install drivers. While following the manufacturer's recommendations and installing the G Hub app to get the drivers installed, I noticed...
  4. Issues with installing Windows updates, drivers, and audio issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. No Audio Driver issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Audio Driver issue: Hi Team, we are facing major Audio issues with Window 11. Audio works fine on teams call but always shows No audio driver error on SIP calling app like Zoiper and Microsip. We tried all fix posted online like restarting system, uninstalling updates, reinstalling updated...
  6. Audio driver issue?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio driver issue?: Hi! Everytime I boot up my PC, the audio doesn’t work. It just started randomly doing it one day, no idea why. I have to uninstall my RealtekR audio driver and restart the PC for it to work again. Every time I turn it on. I’ve got a HP Omen 25L running Windows 10. When I’ve...
  7. Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issue after updating Realtek audio driver: Hi does anyone know why after I updated my Realtek (speaker) software I heard buzzy sound when I plugged in my earphone? Idk how to fix it but the issue appeared after I rebooted my laptop after I updated the software. I really need help submitted by /u/raihanabdan...
  8. Audio Driver Issues

Audio Driver Issues: Often when I start my PC my 'SpeakersRealtekR Audio' driver is constantly switching on and off and from visible to hidden in device manager, other times it will be enabled for minutes but it will briefly flicker off then on, crashing some applications. When it is off it says...
  9. Audio driver issue

Audio driver issue: I have upgrade windows 10 today. After updating windows audio driver is not working properly. I am facing some problem such as problem to open some apps like #conxent audio driver's dolby audio is not working. Even I can't uninstall the driver. Uninstall option do not show...
  10. Device Manager - Update Driver Issue

Device Manager - Update Driver Issue: This is a weird one, and I can't find any solutions to it: Computer: Windows 10 Pro, 1903 18362.116 So when I open Device Manager and say for example, I expand Network Adapters. Then if I right-click my Ethernet Adapter and select Update Driver and then Search automatically...