Windows 10: Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes

Discus and support Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I installed the urgent security fix 7/7 and saw a list of multiple driver "updates" suggested by Windows Update. I foolishly installed them and now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AndyBraden, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes

I installed the urgent security fix 7/7 and saw a list of multiple driver "updates" suggested by Windows Update. I foolishly installed them and now my computer which has been stable for years crashes randomly when in use or just idling on its own. 4 BSOD screens in two days versus zero in two years. How do I get your horrible system to roll back those garbage drivers that have ruined my computer?The troubleshoot is as useless as ever, it doesn't even recognize that the computer has crashed multiple times. The Intel - System - 4/12/2017 12:00:00 AM - 14.28.47.630Successfully installed on ‎7/‎7/

:)

AndyBraden, Jul 9, 2021
  2. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

3. Knoxx29 Win User
    Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Ztruker Win User

Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes

Random BSOD while browsing internet

Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes

1. Driver updates from Windows cause random BSOD crashes - Similar Threads - Driver updates cause

2. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  3. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video card driver update causes windows to crash: I simply can't update my GPU drivers anymore, which does not happen before. For context: I brought this PC from another person and was using it for about a year for work, gaming, and studying. Everything was going fine until I encounter an HDD problem that demanded the...
  4. Video card driver update causes windows to crash

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New Parts and Drivers Causing Crashes and BSOD: Yesterday I put a new MB, processor, and RAM into my PC. I created a restore point before, and a restore point before running Verifier.exe. I have the crash logs. I have been doing troubleshooting since Friday, and most problems have been resolved, except for...
  6. Driver Violation BSOD and Random Crashes

Driver Violation BSOD and Random Crashes: Hey Guys, My first post on this Forum and nice to see so many people helping each other here <3 Since now... years i guess my computer is just randomly freezing up sometimes. This happens more likely under load of the System (ex. Games). As it freezes, sometimes I get a...
  7. Driver causing crashing, no bsod.

Driver causing crashing, no bsod.: I believe one of my drivers is causing crashing on my windows 10 but I do not get a bsod or any error codes. I set up driver verifier and it wouldn't let me back into windows without bsod. I had to go into safe mode and disable it to boot normally. These are two crash dumps...
  8. Updating the drivers causes a bsod with the driver ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating the drivers causes a bsod with the driver ntoskrnl.exe: I have replaced the ram, motherboard and ssd but i still get the same error. Is there anything i can do to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-the-drivers-causes-a-bsod-with-the-driver/48e7be99-4b6f-484c-8a1a-70dcfcbe4e81
  9. FATAL & PERSISTANT CRASHES CAUSED By REAKTEK Driver updates from Win Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    FATAL & PERSISTANT CRASHES CAUSED By REAKTEK Driver updates from Win Update: FATAL & PERSISTENT CRASHES CAUSED By REALTEK Driver updates from Win Update This is a "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" from Windows Update manager installing a RealTek Driver (2/22). There is no chance to roll this out -- the system crashes almost immediately. After booting...
  10. Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly

Bad Driver Causes Windows 10 to Crash Randomly: Hi. My PC crashs randomly between 20 minutes to 2 hours after start-up and nothing seems to respond. It's almost seven month since this problem occurred. I have tried everything include clean windows restore, but nothing changes. I've tried "verifier" and the widows doesn't...