Windows 10: Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

Discus and support Driver Updates on Old Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I need help! My mom has a laptop that needs its WiFi drivers updated, so much so that it can’t even connect to WiFi (it connects to the network,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BTheEPIC, Aug 1, 2020.

1. Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

Hello, I need help! My mom has a laptop that needs its WiFi drivers updated, so much so that it can’t even connect to WiFi (it connects to the network, but it remains on “No Internet Access”). Ethernet doesn’t work either.

The WiFi adapter is the Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 3165.

The Windows 10 version is: 1607 (OS Build 14393.351)

I’ve already tried installing the drivers from Intel on a working computer, then transferring them via USB, but the Windows 10 version is too old to use the installer. But, I obviously can’t update Windows without connection.

The Driver Installer requires “Windows 10.0.16299.0 or newer”

The Windows Network Diagnostics troubleshooter says: “Wi-Fi” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration

Does anyone know any solutions?

submitted by /u/BTheEPIC
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BTheEPIC, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 1, 2020
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Hood Win User

Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Hood, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Driver Updates on Old Windows 10

1. Driver Updates on Old Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Driver Updates Old

2. Old Driver Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  3. Old Driver Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Driver Update: Is old driver update will delete itself after 30 days like winsxs? If its not, how do I delete old driver update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-driver-update/4cf7f9e4-1f06-4c79-9a78-f32bebf2126d
  4. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop: Hello,I have a old HP laptop Compaq Presario CQ43-205AU running windows 7. Since, w7 ran out of support so, I decided to install w10.I then searched for drivers on HP website but HP didn't made the drivers for it.Will I get drivers for Windows 10?...
  5. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop: Hello,I have a old HP laptop Compaq Presario CQ43-205AU running windows 7. Since, w7 ran out of support so, I decided to install w10.I then searched for drivers on HP website but HP didn't made the drivers for it.Will I get drivers for Windows 10?...
  6. Drivers for Windows 10 for a old laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Old drivers on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Old drivers on windows 10: Hey guys I’m trying to install a driver for my Dell P2213 monitor, but windows 10 isn’t in the supported driver list. Would I be fine installing the Windows 8.1 driver? submitted by /u/Internet-Ivan [link] [comments]...
  8. Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 trying to install updates for old gpu drivers: Hi I recently upgraded from a AMD gpu to a Nvidia gpu. I used the AMD clean up utility tool to remove all AMD software before I installed my Nvidia drivers. The new gpu is working fine. However, Windows keeps trying to install old AMD drivers through the Windows Update...
  9. Windows Update Force install the old driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Update Force install the old driver: well, first, i start with windows update in position auto update, then my driver vga auto update for amd, but, not update for newest driver but return to install the old driver, from amd 18.7.1 back to 17.7, anyone can give me solution? sorry for my bad english....
  10. Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and 1809 update with OLD drivers: Hi Community! Yesterday my Windows 10 proposed (I did not manually press the "Check for Updates...") to update my W10 Pro 1803 for 1809. The Windows update included a bunch of old driver versions (e.g. graphics adapter, display, NIC...) - basically all those driver "updates"...