Windows 10: Driver Updates Through Windows 10

Discus and support Driver Updates Through Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I'm trying to decide how I want to setup my Windows update settings in regards to the driver settings. I know that I can disable driver updates in GPO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by TONPumper, Mar 27, 2021.

1. TONPumper Win User

Driver Updates Through Windows 10

I'm trying to decide how I want to setup my Windows update settings in regards to the driver settings. I know that I can disable driver updates in GPO settings, but I'm wondering if I should just let Windows install my drivers. I don't know which drivers it will attempt to update. Usually, I like to download the drivers from my MB manufacturer's website, since I assume they will be more stable and compatible, but I don't like when Windows updates my driver because--for example--if Windows updates my network driver to a newer version than what I've downloaded from my MB manufacturer's website, the version in apps and features still shows the old version and device manager shows the new version. Plus when I update drivers from Windows, it doesn't allow me to choose features if the driver has an installer GUI, it just installs all of the features.

I'm just curious how everyone else has this setup. I really don't want Windows to install my NVIDIA driver because then I'll get a bunch of bloat features that I don't need or want.

:)

TONPumper, Mar 27, 2021
  2. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Jayce Win User
    The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 27, 2021
  4. Hood Win User

Windows 10 nVidia Driver Question

With the Nov Update, Windows 10 became mature enough to give another try. Build 10586 (version 1511) runs great, feels snappy, and has no obvious problems. However, I'm concerned with this version's insistence on loading nVidia's 353.54 driver, which is dated July 13 2015, 4 months ago. On their US website they list all the new drivers as being compatible with Windows 10, (such as 358.91), but they won't load (installer says incompatible with this version of Windows, could find no compatible hardware...). The 353.54 driver runs games without any problems, but why is it taking so long to for nVidia to update this driver? Is it my 780 Ti that's incompatible or is it Windows 10?

Thema:

1. Driver Updates Through Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Driver Updates Through

2. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  3. disabling windows driver updates through gpedit

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disabling windows driver updates through gpedit: is it okay to disable driver updates through group policy edit.Will there be any performance issues such as wifi problem in the future.i have third party paid antivirus installed on my windows 11 pro 23h2...
  4. 5.1 Through HDMI Windows 10 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5.1 Through HDMI Windows 10 Drivers: Hi all I have PC with AMD Ryzen 5 3400g 16 ram running Windows 10 21h1 64 bit. My issue is if I use Widows 10 default grafix drivers, 2D and 3D grafix are fine but I can only 2 chanel sound to my AV receiver through HDMI.But if I install AMD adrenalin drivers 5.1 and 7.1 are...
  5. How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable forced driver installs through Windows 10 Updates?: I'm getting this install when trying to update Windows 10: https://i.imgur.com/Jm1SAz4.png How do I disable this? I have no Corsair hardware (though I did, if it matters, but nothing Corsair is currently connected to my computer), and Corsair's VBus driver has bricked my...
  6. Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update: Hi So today Windows 10 decided to automatically update my nvidia GPU drivers to version 432.00. I don't mind that it updated them since i was running on an older driver version i think. But my question is : is version 432.00 a good version ? I mean does it have any real...
  7. Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nvidia 432.00 driver through Windows Update: Hi So today Windows 10 decided to automatically update my nvidia GPU drivers to version 432.00. I don't mind that it updated them since i was running on an older driver version i think. But my question is : is version 432.00 a good version ? I mean does it have any real...
  8. Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Disable driver updates through Windows update not working with 1903: So I upgraded to 1903... and now the disable driver force is not working anymore with 1903, Windows 10 will download Intel DPTF drivers over and over again after each Windows reboot and put it into C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution None of the options described here are...
  9. Updating drivers through device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating drivers through device manager: All, Whilst I’ve been trying to update my sound drivers I have noticed that drivers for ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery, Qualcomm Wireless Network Adapter and some under System Devices such as Memory Controller & Intel Management Engine Interface can all be updated...
  10. Windows 10 driver update through windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 driver update through windows update: Hi, I'm Ben I've just upgraded to the latest Windows 10 October update yesterday. But that's not the problem the problem is that when I click "check for updates". It does accordingly but then it tries to update my AMD graphics card to a version that my "Catalyst manager" DOES...