Windows 10: Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know...

Discus and support Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Martin Fessler, Jun 21, 2020.

1. Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know...

Hello everybody,

I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other hardware such as Realtek Audio have also some extension drivers, but here they are at least replaced instead of accumulated.

Apart from the fact that driver updates that are so frequent cause me some discomfort in the long run problems have to arise is this accumulation of Extension Infs very ugly.

Generally, these extension drivers are somewhat unclear.
    For example, I have the experience that they are sometimes not updated outside of windows update i.e. automatically or via the device manager until the "main driver" is removed and reinstalled.
    If, on the other hand, I only update the "main driver", the old Extension Infs are simply adopted ... a nice mess.
    Especially if you should have deactivated driver updates via WU - via WU they will be updated properly or accumulated... like in the case of Intel.

Here is a list of the updates of the last 5 months - 3 extensions have now become 6!

Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know... 0b5a8885-a614-4862-9b3e-76f6320a2449?upload=true.jpg
    Can please someone explain the thing with this Extension Infs to me?
    And why are these piling up with the Intel UHD drivers?

Thanks and greetings,

Martin

:)

Martin Fessler, Jun 21, 2020
  2. Jayce Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Everyone that post ids, need just do these steps and you will be good. I kinda tired of keep on uploading the inf. file

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    additional if you want dts audio and others, install it now before next step.
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Jun 21, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Jun 21, 2020
  4. tiendat Win User

Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know...

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I install complete. But I open speakers properties has stop woking *Frown Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know... :(.

tiendat, Jun 21, 2020
Thema:

Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know...

1. Driver updates via WU Windows 10, more and more Extension Infs. Does anyone still know... - Similar Threads - Driver updates via

2. Anyone know how to adjust scroll sensitivity more precisely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone know how to adjust scroll sensitivity more precisely?: I've tried in settings but 2/100 is too low and 3/100 is too high. So I'm stuck looking for a more precise way to adjust scroll sensitivity. I need it for a boring repetitive task where I have to scroll click, scroll click, scroll click, etc.. You get the idea and I would...
  3. Driver updates via Windows Update, more and more Extension Infs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver updates via Windows Update, more and more Extension Infs.: Hello everybody, I noticed that e.g. for Intel UHD drivers which are updated via Windows Update, more and more extension drivers are added. Other hardware (such as Realtek Audio) have also some extension drivers, but here they are at least replaced instead of accumulated....
  4. Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?

Extension INF drivers - when and how are they uninstalled?: Hello everybody, now that I finally know why several drivers are installed in the device manager for some devices with/for the same device ID*, the question arises how these Extension INFs are managed. For example, I have an Intel UHD 620 which has been getting extensions...
  5. Webcam Driver is no more

Webcam Driver is no more: Hello everyone, I have an HP ENVY 15t-k000 CTO Notebook PC (ENERGY STAR), and I noticed some time ago that my webcam would come on when I wasn't using anything that would require the webcam. I suspected some botnet malware, but I haven't been able to find it. Now, I see...
  6. Anyone know what this file extension is?

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone know what this file extension is?: These are the files on my back up drive, some are Ghost and (so I thought) a Win 10 back up. One has the extension .7 file. I know this is usually 7 zip but I don't use 7 zip and it looks like a back up from the size of it. Any ideas please? [img] 113979
  7. Windows 10 updated but does not load any more

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 updated but does not load any more: Hi. I have a Dell Laptop 7000 series. I bought it in April 2014 with Windows 8.1 on it. Soon I got a message that I can upgrade it for free to windows 10, which I did! This morning I got a message that windows need to be updated and it takes a while. I clicked ok. It kept...
  8. Computer does not update any more?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Computer does not update any more?: Had no problem before,just updating any more. Can I reset something. Internet is working perfect. [img] 45434
  9. BSOD's More and More Common Don't Know of Cause...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD's More and More Common Don't Know of Cause...: Well, something must have changed since Windows updated, as I'm now getting very frequent BSOD's again. I once even got a BSOD, restarted and before the computer even started up, I got another BSOD... Here's the requested data: JOSHDESKTOP-2016_07_14_(木)_173041_19.zip...
  10. Anyone know if Windows 10 10041 is still updating Hardware Drivers?

Anyone know if Windows 10 10041 is still updating Hardware Drivers?: That's what I want to know, have they fixed it so you can say no, I don't want to update my hardware drivers! Every time it does my sound quits working. Mike 4873