Windows 10: driver updates

Discus and support driver updates in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when I reboot my computer, it starts to do a driver update but then aborts it part way through the process.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TroyEberly, Apr 15, 2019.

1. driver updates

when I reboot my computer, it starts to do a driver update but then aborts it part way through the process.

:)

TroyEberly, Apr 15, 2019

2. Windows update keeps replacing ALPS Touchpad driver with a Synaptics driver.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall and delete the previous drivers and the latest drivers for the touchpad and install the required version of the driver from Device Manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand the Touch pad driver.
    • Right click on the driver and click on update/install.
    • Select the required version from the on-screen prompts.

And for the problem with the installation of printer drivers, I suggest you to run the Windows Update troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in search box and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” option on top left pane.
    • Select “Windows Update” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond driver updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 15, 2019
  4. driver updates

Windows update reverted display to MS Basic Display Driver

Hi,

Normally, this issue occurs when the drivers were being corrupted or updated after the recent update. Since you've already tried to install the latest driver, we suggest that you roll back to the previous driver and check if it helps to resolve the issue. To
    do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click the device for which you want to roll back to the previous version of the driver, and then click
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, select Roll Back Driver.
    • Select OK.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

driver updates

1. driver updates - Similar Threads - driver updates

2. I have no sound after I updated the driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have no sound after I updated the driver?: I have no sound when I updated driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-no-sound-after-i-updated-the-driver/a6683454-4c2e-441d-9109-48693f1b1a7a
  3. Update Printer Driver

Update Printer Driver: How do I update my printer driver? I reinstalled my HP Envy 6255 printer onto my Windows 10 (HP Envy x360) and it says Driver Unavailable. I think I need to update my driver....
  4. Reboot to Update Audio Drivers

Reboot to Update Audio Drivers: Out of nowhere this morning, I got a popup that said I need to reboot for audio drivers to be updated. No manufacturer was specified. This seemed strange. I did the following: Immediately installed Malwarebytes and Super Anti-spyware. Did deep scans. Other than tracking...
  5. Nvidia MX150 Driver Update Fail / Crashed Windows 10 / Error Code 43

Nvidia MX150 Driver Update Fail / Crashed Windows 10 / Error Code 43: Hi all, I have been 6 days straight trying to enable my MX150 graphics card on my Acer Aspire laptop (E5-576G). The problem initially occurred when the card just stopped running and I figured a simple driver update would get it up and running again - WRONG. My laptop...
  6. Why My Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver cannot be updated?

Why My Intel UHD Graphics 630 driver cannot be updated?: Intel Driver and Support Assistant said like this: "A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver & Support Assistant is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer...
  7. What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...

What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS...: The title "What To Do When Your Computer Manufacturer Doesn't Release Any New Driver Updates or BIOS Update In Years?" pretty much says it all. The topic has recently come to light because of a post I posted yesterday where a person replying was asking about if the Drivers...
  8. Problem in updating nvidia latest driver on windows 10 1903

Problem in updating nvidia latest driver on windows 10 1903: I have searched hi and lo, tried all combinations from manual, to sfc, to disabling, to uninstalling. no change. my windows 10 will not update, but will through the nvidia scheduler error daily. any more ideas?...
  9. Missing Remote NDIS DRIVER after win10 update to 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Remote NDIS DRIVER after win10 update to 1903: Hello i have a HP laptop 4 months old running win 10, today it wanted to update to win version 1903, once rebooted, my usb tethering to my iPhone does not work. I tried uninstalling the update, but still the same. If you turn on iTunes it works through the usb, itunes and...
  10. RTL8821CE and Windows 10 64 update - driver not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    RTL8821CE and Windows 10 64 update - driver not working: After today's update, my HP 360's REaltek wireless adapter stopped working. Device Manger shows that the driver is not working and can not be installed. I had to complete a system restore to reverse the issue, but once Windows updates, I encounter the problem again. Is...