Windows 10: Driver Verifier Boot Loop

Discus and support Driver Verifier Boot Loop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Brian Sands, Apr 26, 2023.

1. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and try Repair/Startup Repair and it says "Cannot repair". There is no safe mode option here.Please advise.

:)

Brian Sands, Apr 26, 2023
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

bsod loop device verifier ionmanager violation

Hi Tom,

To better assist you, provide the answers to the following questions:

• Have you made any changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you're seeing on the screen?

For the meantime, we suggest checking the answers on the following threads below which we found similar and helpful in resolving the issue:

Windows 10 Driver Verifier BSOD loop.. how to get out of it?

Windows 10 stuck in bsod reboot loop

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Apr 26, 2023
  3. Driver verifier not creating dump file

I'm getting frequent BSOD. I started the driver verifier as suggested.

At first, windows stuck at the boot loop, It didn't even show any BSOD. It just kept booting and turning off again and again. It didn't go past motherboard logo.

After some changes in the verifier, It was able to show windows logo but crashed before fully booting to "Driver verifier detected violation"

And it didn't even create any dump file. (All dump file setting are correct one ) As it is known that a driver is causing BSOD. How to know which one?

unKnown24697, Apr 26, 2023
  4. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

Driver verifier boot loop

~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started
    getting IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL BSODs so I tried running the driver verifier utility. Now it won't even boot without a DRIVER VERIFIER IDENTIFIED VIOLATION BSOD so I had to get into safe mode. I ran the verifier /reset command and it said No Settings Were Changed.
    Now I'm running in safe mode and I have the dump files but don't know what to make of them or what to do with them. I also don't know what driver made the verifier fail.

StevenHartzfeld, Apr 26, 2023
Thema:

Driver Verifier Boot Loop

1. Driver Verifier Boot Loop - Similar Threads - Driver Verifier Boot

2. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  3. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  4. Driver Verifier Manager Loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verifier Manager Loop: My windows 10 computer has been crashing and per this page I've been trying to run the driver verifier. However I get stuck in a loop at the last step. Whenever I click finish, I get the message shown but rebooting my computer does not enable me to run the driver verifier and...
  5. Driver Verifier Manager Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Manager Loop: My windows 10 computer has been crashing and per this page I've been trying to run the driver verifier. However I get stuck in a loop at the last step. Whenever I click finish, I get the message shown but rebooting my computer does not enable me to run the driver verifier and...
  6. Driver Verifier Manager Loop

7. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  8. Driver Verifier Boot Loop

Driver Verifier Boot Loop: I'm running Windows 10. I was having occasional issues with dwm crashing, so I turned on Driver Validation. Now I get a blue screen during boot for "DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION". I can't reach safe mode to disable the verifier. I boot off a USB Windows 10 install and...
  9. stuck in Driver Verifier BSOD Loop

stuck in Driver Verifier BSOD Loop: Thanks to some fantastic advice from a user here I am currently stuck in a BSOD loop after running Driver Verifier Cannot reach log in screen system restore is failing System image recovery has no image saved (whoops) All other troubleshoot options either failing or...
  10. Driver verifier boot loop

Driver verifier boot loop: ~4 month old Dell Precision 7720 with a 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD. Came from the factory with the OS installed on the HDD so I moved it over. Next update basically bricked the machine and the SSD had to be reformatted and Windows 10 reinstalled. I started getting IRQL NOT LESS OR...