Windows 10: Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

Discus and support Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been getting BSOD errors, typically with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried several things such as scandisk and going back to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LeeShaver1, Aug 16, 2022.

1. Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

My computer has been getting BSOD errors, typically with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried several things such as scandisk and going back to old restore points, but nothing worked. Eventually I did a full re-install of Windows 10, and the errors stopped for a few months.But now they're back! I eventually ran driver verifier following instructions at the link below which caused a BSOD as soon as my PC tried to start up, but it didn't indicate which driver was the issue.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-tracking-down-a-mis-behaving/f5cb4faf-556b-4b

:)

LeeShaver1, Aug 16, 2022

2. Windows Driver Verifier BSOD

I took the WinTV card out of my computer and ran driver verifier again but didn't have it check dfx12x64.sys. Still got an immediate BSOD which BlueScreenView reported as being caused by wdcsam64.sys. Ran driver verifier again and didn't have it check either of those two, this time I got a BSOD that BlueScreenView reported as being caused by rtwlanu.sys (I've included that crash dump - the previous one got deleted when I had to use system restore to disable driver verifier). Ran driver verifier again and excluded all 3 of those from the list of drivers to check and finally didn't get a BSOD. So what the heck does that mean? Driver verifier's given me BSODs for 5 different drivers now. I'm about to just give up and go back to Windows 7.

Metaphorce, Aug 16, 2022
  3. Driver Causing BSOD. Driver Verifier Minidump File Here

I have a driver causing various BSOD crashes in windows 10, Version 1809 Build 17763.592

I ran the driver verify tool, which would cause BSOD on each boot.

Booted into safe mode and here is the provided dmp file:

Dropbox - File Deleted

Thanks

rankinstudio, Aug 16, 2022
  4. uxbal Win User

Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

BSOD and Driver Verifier

Hi,

So here's the problem. I kept getting BSOD's with the system service exception or something like that. So I read through the wikis, and found I should check the drivers with driver verifier. I tried out all non-MS drivers, and couldn't even boot, because
    before entering Windows 10, i got into a BSOD with driver verifier detected violation.

I then entered into safe mode, and disabled the driver verifier, but my question is: How can i find which driver was causing the issue in driver verifier, so the system couldn't boot, so i can get rid of it?

+ I can't remember anything that would cause this issue, except maybe an external monitor? I just plugged it into my laptop, and it detected it as a 'generic HP' monitor. Could this be the issue and disabling it could work?

Thanks for your help in advance!

uxbal, Aug 16, 2022
Thema:

Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

1. Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one? - Similar Threads - Driver verifier confirmed

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?: My computer has been getting BSOD errors, typically with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried several things such as scandisk and going back to old restore points, but nothing worked. Eventually I did a full re-install of Windows 10, and the errors stopped for a few...
  4. Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?

Driver verifier confirmed a driver is causing BSOD. But which one?: My computer has been getting BSOD errors, typically with the message IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I tried several things such as scandisk and going back to old restore points, but nothing worked. Eventually I did a full re-install of Windows 10, and the errors stopped for a few...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  7. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  8. BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation - Unable to Know which driver is Causing the problem

BSOD Driver Verifier Detected Violation - Unable to Know which driver is Causing the problem: Computer name: LAPTOP-28NDVM6Q Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, version 1903, build: 18362 Windows dir: C:\WINDOWS Hardware: 80WK, LENOVO, Provence-5R1 CPU: GenuineIntel IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz Intel8664, level: 6 8 logical processors, active mask: 255 RAM:...
  9. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  10. Driver Causing BSOD. Driver Verifier Minidump File Here

Driver Causing BSOD. Driver Verifier Minidump File Here: I have a driver causing various BSOD crashes in windows 10, Version 1809 Build 17763.592 I ran the driver verify tool, which would cause BSOD on each boot. Booted into safe mode and here is the provided dmp file:...