Windows 10: Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Discus and support Driver Verifier for a BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Théo Marchal, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Hello,

I used driver verifier to find out why i'm having freeze and BSOD, there is my DMP file, I hope someone can help me out https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ansh37cgsCUtiWNq5QmTy7pI3giE

Thanks !

:)

Théo Marchal, Jul 20, 2018

2. BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Hello

I have an Asus ROG GL553VE , after the last windows 10 update 1803 I started to get the computer completely frozen seconds after loading to the actual gameplay of the games sometimes with a static noise and/or image starting to get white or parts of the
    screen going static. Here it is what i tried so far :

• Rollback NVIDIA graphic drivers - Didn't work
    • Rollback Windows 10 to 1703 - Didn't Work

What I have seen in some cases is that online games I get the screen frozen and the only to get out of it is to hard shut down on the power button of the laptop, in offline games I got the following BSOD:

• page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled

After some searches on the Web I decided to try the built in Driver verifier of Windows 10 , the BSOD that I get is the following :

• BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Can you please advise on what to do in this situation ? are these issues related or should I run Memtest?

Thanks.

kinglostsouls, Jul 20, 2018
  3. Driver Verifier BSOD diagnosis opinions?

I used the link provided and selected the option that says the BSOD occurred while using my PC. The link suggests checking for updates and disconnecting hardware. My software is already up to date, and rather than disconnecting random hardware, I was under
    the impression from that by uploading the dump files from the Driver Verifier program that from

this post
    , there might be some clues as to what specific driver is causing the crashes. Is that possible to determine?

BSOD Monster, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Peaj Win User

Driver Verifier for a BSOD

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

OK I'm going to keep this thread updated as I go through troubleshooting this issue.

As I have received no help with my minidumps, I am going through the process of learning to do it myself.

This seems
    like a good guide to learn the very basics.

What has happened so far:

• New computer build, unstable windows install, slowly degrades to where the computer is unusable. Happens on multiple clean installs.
    • Continuous error and critical messages in Event Viewer, some events of note are:
      • Event 219 Kernel-PnP, failed to load driver
      • Event 7031 service control manager (dozens on start up)
    • First crash will happen on start up and it eventually degrades with below events.
      • Event 5 kernel general
      • Event 2 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 3 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 29 kernel-boot
    • Tested hardware - no faults found
    • Ran Driver Verifier and Windows will keep crashing with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION until Driver Verifier is reset in safe mode
    • Started this thread, PC became too unstable and had to do a system restore, restore had minimal changes (see above)
    • Have not installed the applications and drivers removed after system restore.
    • PC is heading down same road again, BSOD now appearing on startup.
    • Ran Driver Verifier again - same resuslts
    • Installed WinDBG to start analyzing new dumps from crashes that have been happening on startup.
      • dump 1 - pool_corruption
      • dump 2 - memory_corruption
      • dump 3 - memory_corruption
      • dump 4 - ntkrnlmp.exe
    From the limited knowledge I got from the guide the only information I can get from WinDBG is shown above.

So that's where I am at the moment. My next step is to run Driver Verifier again and see what I can find.

Thema:

Driver Verifier for a BSOD

1. Driver Verifier for a BSOD - Similar Threads - Driver Verifier BSOD

2. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  3. Driver verifier Bsod

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver verifier Bsod: Dear All,I have run driver verifier and it showed wdfserial.sys error. How to fix this BSOD ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-verifier-bsod/05b8b93d-216c-4825-a307-dc2f8e2d9d44
  4. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  5. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver Verifier BSOD: So for like a year im having random reboots with no BSOD up to 2 times a month, so i researched the topic for a bit and ruled out some faulty hardware like GPU was already in my old PC and ran fine or RAM Memtest86 passed without problems, changed PSU too. i also changed some...
  6. Driver Verifier BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSOD with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with Driver Verifier: Hey,so i recently noticed that my pc sometimes crashed out of nowhere and my error was The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 0xffffc68ad8e77010, 0xfffff8033a2d19e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004. A dump was saved in:...
  8. bsod with driver verifier

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    bsod with driver verifier: hello, so i have been experiencing some bsod, I've recently built a pc and installed windows 10 on a new ssd but here and there i would get a bsod around 3 a day mostly starts up again when i can sleep my pc or restart/shutoff ive gotten several errors such as ntoskrnl.exe...
  9. BSOD after Driver Verifier

BSOD after Driver Verifier: Been trying to find out why my system was bogging down to a halt sometimes after I did the October Update a few days ago. Here is my original thread about the issue. Log: DESKTOP-BL497SV-(2019-02-26_20-18-10).zip 127883
  10. Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier: I recently started a new job and was given a new Dell Laptop. I am having seemingly randomly BSOD issues. Some days it doesn't happen at all and some days it can happen up to ten times. I've got several BSOD errors (mainly CRITICAL PROCESS DIED). I believe it's a driver...