Windows 10: driver verifier screwed up my pc.help!

Discus and support driver verifier screwed up my pc.help! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; another person on here told me to use driver verifier and now me pc wont even boot properly. can someone please help me fix what this other guy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ddmeltzer8, Jul 1, 2020.

1. driver verifier screwed up my pc.help!

another person on here told me to use driver verifier and now me pc wont even boot properly.

can someone please help me fix what this other guy destroyed

thanks.?

:)

ddmeltzer8, Jul 1, 2020
  2. Peaj Win User

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

OK I'm going to keep this thread updated as I go through troubleshooting this issue.

As I have received no help with my minidumps, I am going through the process of learning to do it myself.

This seems
    like a good guide to learn the very basics.

What has happened so far:

• New computer build, unstable windows install, slowly degrades to where the computer is unusable. Happens on multiple clean installs.
    • Continuous error and critical messages in Event Viewer, some events of note are:
      • Event 219 Kernel-PnP, failed to load driver
      • Event 7031 service control manager (dozens on start up)
    • First crash will happen on start up and it eventually degrades with below events.
      • Event 5 kernel general
      • Event 2 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 3 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 29 kernel-boot
    • Tested hardware - no faults found
    • Ran Driver Verifier and Windows will keep crashing with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION until Driver Verifier is reset in safe mode
    • Started this thread, PC became too unstable and had to do a system restore, restore had minimal changes (see above)
    • Have not installed the applications and drivers removed after system restore.
    • PC is heading down same road again, BSOD now appearing on startup.
    • Ran Driver Verifier again - same resuslts
    • Installed WinDBG to start analyzing new dumps from crashes that have been happening on startup.
      • dump 1 - pool_corruption
      • dump 2 - memory_corruption
      • dump 3 - memory_corruption
      • dump 4 - ntkrnlmp.exe
    From the limited knowledge I got from the guide the only information I can get from WinDBG is shown above.

So that's where I am at the moment. My next step is to run Driver Verifier again and see what I can find.

Peaj, Jul 1, 2020
  3.  DRIVER VERIFIER

From what I gather the methodology is to run driver varifier to try and get any "bad" drivers to crash my system. Is this correct? What would be the next step after driver verifier crashes my system?

Thanks for any elaboration.

carl pilkington, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Peaj Win User

driver verifier screwed up my pc.help!

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

Update

So the PC went down the same road, became unusable and I wiped it.

Clean install number 6. Clean install 5 was to test if Windows 7 was as unstable as the Windows 10 installs. It was - this made me think it may be a hardware problem or just a really poorly supported motherboard.

Clean install 6 - this time I am being methodical in my steps and testing every step of the way. PC specs are still the same other than a new stick of DDR4. What I have done so far:

• Bought/installed a new stick of DDR4 for testing.
    • Followed Gerrys advice and installed latest BIOS, even though it is in beta it is listed as a stable release.
    • Installed Windows 10
    • Installed Chipset Drivers from Gigabyte website.
    • Installed latest Ethernet drivers (20_7) from Intel website.
    • I have made sure to not connect the PC to the internet and have left the ethernet cable unplugged.
    • Ran Verifier, rebooted with no problems, not that I was expecting there to be any.
    • Installed latest drivers from Nvidia
    • ran Verifier, rebooted, BSOD "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION"
    • booted into safe mode, reset Verifier, rebooted.

So this is where I am at. A completely clean install, and what seems to be problems with Nvidia drivers.

Minidump link if someone could have a look. Minidump is 021216-2203-01

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=3789DDEF7B6D41D2!15823

So I am not sure what this means. PC seems stable at the moment though there is hardly anything installed on it.

Does Verifier reporting a problem mean that there is one? What should I do from here?

Peaj, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

driver verifier screwed up my pc.help!

1. driver verifier screwed up my pc.help! - Similar Threads - driver verifier screwed

2. Help with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Driver Verifier: Hi,I am at an advanced stage of trying to find out why I am randomly, often, getting IRQL not less or equal than BSOD. I have been through so many checks, memory, storage etc. I was told it was my bluetooth drivers. Turned them off in device manager, replaced keyboard and...
  3. Help with Driver Verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Driver Verifier: Hi,I am at an advanced stage of trying to find out why I am randomly, often, getting IRQL not less or equal than BSOD. I have been through so many checks, memory, storage etc. I was told it was my bluetooth drivers. Turned them off in device manager, replaced keyboard and...
  4. I screwed my pc, need help.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I screwed my pc, need help.: Hello, i mistakenly went to system configurationsby searching msconfig in start and disabled all services, it prompted for restart and after restart my pc doesn’t accept pin and my password also, wifi is disabled, i ain’t able to use my pc please help. My computer is a...
  5. Onedrive screwed my pc up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Onedrive screwed my pc up: So today I decided to backup my PC desktop toOnedrive. Unfortunately, my laptop was already backed up. This resulted in both my desktop icons from my laptop and my pc being merged. When I tried to stop the merging, the icons just disappeared never to return. How do I revert...
  6. My Pc is really screwing up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc is really screwing up: So I have been having a problem with my taskbar for almost 3 months now where it constantly keeps refreshing even when im playing a full screen game on Steam and it makes my FPS go down for around 5 seconds. I haven't had time to search up on how I can fix it but today my...
  7. Screwed up my PC, won't boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screwed up my PC, won't boot: After reading this you'll probably think I am super dumb. To start off, I wanted to be able to dual boot a Linux OS and my Windows 10 on my PC. I downloaded the ISO and used the Win32 tool to put it on my USB and make it bootable. Changed boot order in firmware settings and...
  8. Windows update screwed up my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update screwed up my PC: I allowed a update and now my laptop is a paper weight. I get an error popup window that says the desktop file is missing. Can not find that file on other laptops and none of the apps are visible. The windows icon does not do anything except change color when curser is over...
  9. Help! Newby screwed something up...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help! Newby screwed something up...: Hello, I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix this. I'm working with customizing text colors in active and inactive title bars. Seems to work fine for programs that came with win10... [img] However, with other installed programs, I keep getting this weird...
  10. Pc screwed up

in Windows 10 Support
    Pc screwed up: yesterday I was watching the new dbs and then pc went black and made some buzzing noise I can turn it on but I can't get to the desktop with users Yesterday I was talking with Microsoft for a hour and minutes trying to fix it they said the pc could be old and graphics issue....