Windows 10: Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop

Discus and support Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; How to do i get out of a BSOD bootloop for driver verifier detected violation? My computer boots directly to BSOD for that error, but the whole story... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OhEmetophobia, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop

How to do i get out of a BSOD bootloop for driver verifier detected violation?

My computer boots directly to BSOD for that error, but the whole story involves a BSOD for dpc_watchdog_violation error. I identified the ntoskrnl.exe as the issue for that crash, and attempted to run driver verifier to find what was crashing my computer. After setting all the settings for the driver verifier, my computer booted directly to BSOD for the now recurring issue.

So far I've attempted:

Reset driver verifier via command prompt

Reset the PC keeping my personal files

I don't have a previous restore state

The "use a device" option doesn't see my external hard drive

I was hoping to try and run the install image from my external via command prompt but could find no clear instructions

I've run out of options that I can think to do other than remove the SSD boot drive from computer and put in my 2.5 external case and use win to usb to make a fresh install or repair the drive, but before I do that, is there another option that I'm missing?

I unfortunately cannot provide any information regarding version because I cannot boot into Windows at all.

:)

OhEmetophobia, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Vanessa Yar, Nov 6, 2018
  3. HenkPoley Win User
    Driver verifier detects a violation in win32kbase.sys

In driver verifier with all of the "Standard" tests enabled, my F1A75-M motherboard & A8-3850 cpu based system bluescreens with stopcode DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (0xC4) in win32kbase.sys. Winver is Windows 10 1803 17134.48.

With slightly more blue screen info enabled, it writes at the top left:

Code:
    0x00000000000020000xFFFF82107C888F630x00000000000000000x00000000616C6947
    Bugcheck [url='https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/bug-check-0xc4--driver-verifier-detected-violation']
    Parameter 1 = 0x2000 in this context[/url] is supposed to mean there is a problem with StorPortInitialize in the storage miniport driver. Of which I only have Microsoft's own storahci.sys loaded. No dumpfile is written, which seems normal if the storage driver
     is keeling over.
    With win32kbase.sys unchecked in driver verifier (same standard tests), my system boots fine.

I have 4 third party drivers on my system:

• AMD's usbfilter.sys (up to date)
    • Nvidia HDMI audio: nvhda64v.sys
    • Nvidia Graphics: nvlddmkm.sys
    • network driver: L1C63x64.sys
    How do I go about debugging this? I'll be running SFC and DISM.

HenkPoley, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop

BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Hello

I have an Asus ROG GL553VE , after the last windows 10 update 1803 I started to get the computer completely frozen seconds after loading to the actual gameplay of the games sometimes with a static noise and/or image starting to get white or parts of the
    screen going static. Here it is what i tried so far :

• Rollback NVIDIA graphic drivers - Didn't work
    • Rollback Windows 10 to 1703 - Didn't Work

What I have seen in some cases is that online games I get the screen frozen and the only to get out of it is to hard shut down on the power button of the laptop, in offline games I got the following BSOD:

• page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    • system_thread_exception_not_handled

After some searches on the Web I decided to try the built in Driver verifier of Windows 10 , the BSOD that I get is the following :

• BSOD - DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION - AsusPTPFilter.Sys

Can you please advise on what to do in this situation ? are these issues related or should I run Memtest?

Thanks.

kinglostsouls, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop

1. Driver Verifier Violation Bootloop - Similar Threads - Driver Verifier Violation

2. Driver Verifier DMA Violation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier DMA Violation: I've been having frequent crashes for awhile now and many of the USB ports on my motherboard have stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB controller drivers thinking that may be the issue but that has done nothing to resolve my problem. I ran WinDbg...
  3. Driver Verifier DMA Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver Verifier DMA Violation: I've been having frequent crashes for awhile now and many of the USB ports on my motherboard have stopped working. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB controller drivers thinking that may be the issue but that has done nothing to resolve my problem. I ran WinDbg...
  4. DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION.

DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION.: I Ian having an issue with my Asus gaming laptop where I would intermittently get a black screen with horrible drops in FPS. Well that was going on for about 3 weeks or so and it seems it would only do it when I hooked up my laptop to my TV as a 2nd screen Samsung 4k QLED TV....
  5. DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION

DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION: DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATIONI don't know what it's about but when I open blue screen view the error will pop up againhttps://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kH8EVUvffbTh57vZhHSFtz4TEff5RWRG?usp=sharing...
  6. Driver Verified Detection Violation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Verified Detection Violation: I am reposting this because I have not received any further support than 1 comment from an advisor. I have recently been getting BSOD's such as apc index mismatch and kernel security failure. Today I received the error code, irql gt zero at system service and came to a...
  7. Driver Verified Detection Violation

Driver Verified Detection Violation: I have recently been getting BSOD's such as apc index mismatch and kernel security failure. Today I received the error code, irql gt zero at system service and came to a windows forum;...
  8. Driver Verifier Detected Violation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier Detected Violation: Hello, So i've been having this weird BSOD problem the past week till now, Didn't know whether it's a CPU or a Motherboard problem or overheating thing, Sometimes i play in big games for long time and nothing happens, Sometimes just surfing the internet or watching...
  9. Driver verifier detected violation

Driver verifier detected violation: Hello, I've been struggling with BSOD for awhile as documented here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-dpcwatchdogviolation-blue-screen-of-death/c3c76dfe-53bf-42f6-b872-cf02192140e9 After searching around I eventually found some instructions on...
  10. Driver Verifier Detected Violation

Driver Verifier Detected Violation: Today i tried to restart my computer and i got a Blue Screen. It came up with an error that said Driver Verifier Detected Violation. It then stated that it was DDDriver64dcsa.sys What does this mean and how do i fix it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. startup green driver_verifier_dma_violation