Windows 10: Driver verifier

Discus and support Driver verifier in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have recently used driver verifier to try and find if one of my drivers is buggy, however when i get a bsod it still comes up with messages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SumitPP, Mar 30, 2019.

1. SumitPP Win User

Driver verifier

Hi,

I have recently used driver verifier to try and find if one of my drivers is buggy, however when i get a bsod it still comes up with messages like critical process died, unexpected store exception etc. I havent got any driver verifier stop code, does this mean my bsods i got before running verifier (and after disabling it) are caused by faulty hardware?

:)

SumitPP, Mar 30, 2019
  2. PaulM Win User

Driver Related BSOD - Driver Verifier

I enabled driver verifier because no dumps were being generated and I expected a driver was the issue. I need a password from IT to uninstall Symantec though, I'll have to see if I can get the password.

PaulM, Mar 30, 2019
  3. BSOD - driver verifier log attached

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I see that you have tried multiple troubleshooting steps and I appreciate the efforts that you have taken to resolve the issue. We will try a few troubleshooting steps and see if it helps.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Are you aware of any changes made to the PC prior to this issue?
    3. Have you installed all pending updates and also updated all device drivers on the computer?

This issue can occur if some of the system files and drivers are not working as expected. As per the log files it seems that a network driver is a causing this issue.

Let us try these methods one by one to check if that helps.

Method 1: Unplug all external devices connected to the PC and restart the computer. Once you are on the desktop screen, suggest you to

update the network driver
    on the computer and check if that helps.

Method 2: If the issue persists, then you may download the latest network drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install them.

To uninstall a driver: Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select Uninstall. Restart your PC, and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Articles for Reference.

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver’.

Driver Verifier’

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Peaj Win User

Driver verifier

Driver Verifier BSOD on Start Up DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION

OK I'm going to keep this thread updated as I go through troubleshooting this issue.

As I have received no help with my minidumps, I am going through the process of learning to do it myself.

This seems
    like a good guide to learn the very basics.

What has happened so far:

• New computer build, unstable windows install, slowly degrades to where the computer is unusable. Happens on multiple clean installs.
    • Continuous error and critical messages in Event Viewer, some events of note are:
      • Event 219 Kernel-PnP, failed to load driver
      • Event 7031 service control manager (dozens on start up)
    • First crash will happen on start up and it eventually degrades with below events.
      • Event 5 kernel general
      • Event 2 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 3 kernel-event-tracing
      • Event 29 kernel-boot
    • Tested hardware - no faults found
    • Ran Driver Verifier and Windows will keep crashing with DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION until Driver Verifier is reset in safe mode
    • Started this thread, PC became too unstable and had to do a system restore, restore had minimal changes (see above)
    • Have not installed the applications and drivers removed after system restore.
    • PC is heading down same road again, BSOD now appearing on startup.
    • Ran Driver Verifier again - same resuslts
    • Installed WinDBG to start analyzing new dumps from crashes that have been happening on startup.
      • dump 1 - pool_corruption
      • dump 2 - memory_corruption
      • dump 3 - memory_corruption
      • dump 4 - ntkrnlmp.exe
    From the limited knowledge I got from the guide the only information I can get from WinDBG is shown above.

So that's where I am at the moment. My next step is to run Driver Verifier again and see what I can find.

Thema:

Driver verifier

1. Driver verifier - Similar Threads - Driver verifier

2. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  3. Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 laptop displays error "DRIVER VERIFIER DMA VIOLATION" while trying to reset: I am facing a lot of issues with the Asus TUFF F15 Win 11 laptop: Win 11 22H2 updates not installing, WiFi keeps resetting, the keyboard not working in the start menu and some system text fields. I tried multiple troubleshooting steps for each of them but no resolution.So,...
  4. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  5. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  6. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  7. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...: After windows update KB5034763 for Windows 10 pro, my IntelR Ethernet Controller 3 I225-V will not load. Device Manager gives the following error:Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39Windows cannot verify the...
  8. Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware Code 39, Windows cannot verify the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Keep receiving Driver Verifier BSOD every month or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keep receiving Driver Verifier BSOD every month or so: Hello,I've been receiving the same error for about a year now. It only happens when I play games and maybe it crashes my PC once a month.I can tell when its about to happen as normally my USB devices start to malfunction. Any help would be...
  10. Keep receiving Driver Verifier BSOD every month or so

Keep receiving Driver Verifier BSOD every month or so: Hello,I've been receiving the same error for about a year now. It only happens when I play games and maybe it crashes my PC once a month.I can tell when its about to happen as normally my USB devices start to malfunction. Any help would be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer windows cant verify the publisher of this driver software

2. drive verrifier