Windows 10: Driver won't install, Code 28

Discus and support Driver won't install, Code 28 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to plug in a a scientific camera to my laptop and in the Device Manager it gives me the "Code 28: The drivers for this device are not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jyang24, Nov 6, 2018.

1. jyang24 Win User

Driver won't install, Code 28

I'm trying to plug in a a scientific camera to my laptop and in the Device Manager it gives me the "Code 28: The drivers for this device are not installed" issue. I'm trying to use a ThorLabs Scientific Camera, and I went to their site to download the software and drivers associated with my device, installed them and nothing changed. I then talked with their technical support and we tried it again but also with an older software as well.
    The camera works fine with other people's computers and I can still use the USB ports that I'm plugging the camera in. So I'm pretty sure it's not a hardware issue. When I try to browse for the driver on my computer via the Update Driver button, it never finds the associated drivers, is that supposed to happen? I did this after I attempted to update the drivers via the software. Will it purposely not find a driver if I already used that driver to update it? I'm not really sure what else I could try, other than maybe resetting my laptop and trying it again? I'm still not sure that this would guarantee the drivers install correctly...

:)

jyang24, Nov 6, 2018
  2. Hirodato Win User

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Before i did all in place upgrade the previous it works fine except the windows got so many corrupt updates
    but after i did upgrade win10 build i got this problem error 28
    so it means that the missing driver is because the driver is not compatible with this windows version?

so i dont think step 5 in the link will the problem? because the hardware works fine in the previous windows version/build
    already did step 1 to reboot but the problem still exist
    and for step 4 i already check win update but no result,did searching but didnt found the patch/pack to solve this problem

as for step 2 and 3, i hope you can guide me how to find the driver. im tootaly noob here. i dont even the function of each driver that i downloaded. is it intel chippset driver that cause this problem?
    Sony Asia Pacific
    there is plenty driver in the list but i didnt know which is the right one

Attachment 61334

^the problem, everytime i plug a device on the usb hub, it will appear on the unknown device

Hirodato, Nov 6, 2018
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Hi there

Go to the EVENTS panel and you should see something like this : (note this is just an example from my system - your's will be different of course).

Driver won't install, Code 28 [​IMG]

Now with the Vendor info you should be able to google for the proper driver - or at least get the hardware vendor ID from which you can go to a website.

Search on the characters between the \...and \ symbols or even just the first bit until you find a match.

Cheers

jimbo

jimbo45, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

base system device driver error code 28

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

The Code 28 refers - The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Recommended resolution - Install the driver

you may be prompted to provide the path of the driver. Windows may have the driver built-in. If you are asked for the driver and you do not have it, you can try to download the latest driver from the hardware vendor’s Web site.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows+ X, and select Device Manage.

• Now expand the devices and check if you are getting any exclamation or cross marks with the devices listed. Right click the device to view the properties of the device and click the
      Driver tab, and then click Update Driver to start the
      Hardware Update Wizard. Follow the instructions to install the driver.

You may also refer to the below mentioned link -

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

If you do not get any driver listed to perform the update then I would suggest you to visit the manufacturer web site, download and install the latest drivers for your System.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Driver won't install, Code 28 - Similar Threads - Driver won't install

2. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MTP drivers no longer installed code 28: About a week ago I attempted to transfer some files from my Samsung tablet to my Windows 10 laptop and the drivers were not available giving me error code 28. I've tried to reinstall them but nothing worked. Other android devices that I plug in also give the same result....
  3. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MTP drivers no longer installed code 28: About a week ago I attempted to transfer some files from my Samsung tablet to my Windows 10 laptop and the drivers were not available giving me error code 28. I've tried to reinstall them but nothing worked. Other android devices that I plug in also give the same result....
  4. MTP drivers no longer installed code 28

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28

The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28: Hi Microsoft Team, I have recently installed a fresh version of Windows 10 by creating a USB Flash Drive for Boot-Up. After the installation, I have updated all HP drivers via HP Support Assistant, installed all Windows Updates, and updated the Intel related drivers as...
  6. PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28

PCI Device: The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28: I built a computer with my friend, and I think they may have skipped downloading some drivers. Displayed under my PCI devices is the error message in this photo. All three PCIs have an issue and when I attempt to search for their drivers nothing works. I believe I am meant to...
  7. nvidia drivers not installed code 28

nvidia drivers not installed code 28: detection verification properties, drivers not installed code 28, i am unable to install the drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvidia-drivers-not-installed-code-28/dd804aff-0084-4455-9f29-139979ae06e6
  8. DEVISE DRIVERS (CODE 28)

in Cortana
    DEVISE DRIVERS (CODE 28): I need some help. I keep getting "Drivers Not Installed" and then my Nortons discovered this ACPI\ASD0001\2&DA3FF&0 ? I have no idea what this is or what it means. I'm currently running on Windows 10. This is an older laptop as well. I would appreciate your assistance or...
  9. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers...

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers...: The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28) There are no compatible drivers for this device. To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver. for mtp device driver of windows 10 pro n please assist me to solve this problem...
  10. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28): hello,recently i got this problem after i do all in place upgrade win 10 whenever i plug in any kin usb/external harddrive the sound notification appear, but the device is not. i check it in device manager it say "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code...