Windows 10: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

Discus and support DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello,Not that long ago I used to get BSODS randomly and constantly when idling and used windows driver verifier and removed the offending drivers till... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KevinHanz, Jul 18, 2021.

1. KevinHanz Win User

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

Hello,Not that long ago I used to get BSODS randomly and constantly when idling and used windows driver verifier and removed the offending drivers till I was able to boot via driver verifier. Everything was fine for a while and I recently started to get BSODS again while idling, I didn't change or update anything yet so I did a sfc scan and noticed in every sfc repair log my one drive kept needing to be repaired. So I removed that and everything was fine for a while. Now again I got a BSOD of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL while watching a video and I am not sure what is the problem anymore. I

:)

KevinHanz, Jul 18, 2021
  2. Athamas Win User

BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Jul 18, 2021
  3. BSOD Error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the internet connection with BSOD error. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

As this seems to be an issues with the network drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website before uninstalling. Later, uninstall the existing drivers, install them and check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below article by
    Andre Da Costa
    about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    , install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 18, 2021
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

Getting DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error on windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

Is it DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD error?

The DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bug check indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
    Blue screen error, or stop code, will make your computer shut down abruptly to protect itself from data loss. The likely cause of the issue might be incompatible drivers.

Check and confirm that your PC is running with compatible drivers from Manufacturer website. If you find an updated driver, then replace old driver with it to see if it makes any difference.

Suggest you to refer Bug Check 0xD1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    and see if it helps you in fixing the issue.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Jul 18, 2021
Thema:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL after several BSOD attempt fixes ntsokrnl.exe - Similar Threads - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL several BSOD

2. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Ntsokrnl: Hi GuysI have been continuing to get a bsod for sometime now. It appears to be random. Usually if I leave the PC on for a few hours and come back and its done it.I downloaded BlueScreenView to read minidumps and have the following...
  3. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Ntsokrnl: Hi GuysI have been continuing to get a bsod for sometime now. It appears to be random. Usually if I leave the PC on for a few hours and come back and its done it.I downloaded BlueScreenView to read minidumps and have the following...
  4. BSOD Ntsokrnl

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  6. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD: Recently I have been getting the exact same BSOD and fixes on the net doesn't seem to work. I've taken a look at the Reliability Monitor to see what was causing the same BSOD over and over again, and it seems like RAVBg64.execrashing is the main issue. I've tried disabling...
  7. RAVBg64.exe APPCRASH causing DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Sound does not work even after several fix attempts

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound does not work even after several fix attempts: After installing a new video card sound does not work: The icon has an X. The troubleshooter does not work Device Manager says This device is working properly Driver update/restart failed several times - both Windows driver and from Right clicking the Sound icon it says...
  9. Several "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Several "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSODs on Windows 10: Hi everyone! I've been experiencing this same BSOD over and over across a few months on my laptop. My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 2018 Vega. This crash has happened in a variety of situations. One time, it happened as I was waking my laptop from sleep. Another when I was...
  10. Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Driver not functioning properly after several fix attempts: Hello, I've finally come here because I've became clueless in the matter: (TL;DR and info below) In order for everyone to understand; here goes: It all started with a random wireless problem on Windows 10 (AU) after a restart, before that there was nothing installed or...