Windows 10: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error

Discus and support "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop, for some unknown reason, crashes often with the stop code "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Adding to that, it also says that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Land Kruzer, Mar 27, 2021.

1. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error

My laptop, for some unknown reason, crashes often with the stop code "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". Adding to that, it also says that "entryprotect.sys" failed. This really gets on my nerves and also makes me worried about if the laptop has some sort of internal problem, as, again, this occurrs fairly often. Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

:)

Land Kruzer, Mar 27, 2021

2. BSOD Error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" on Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the internet connection with BSOD error. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL:

This Stop error message usually occurs during installation when there was an attempt in kernel mode to touch pageable memory at too high a process
    internal request level (IRQL). Typically, this error occurs when a driver uses an incorrect memory address. Other possible causes of this error include an incompatible device driver, a general hardware problem, or incompatible software.

As this seems to be an issues with the network drivers, try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter

Network Adapter troubleshooter find and fix the problems with wireless and other Network Adapter.

• Click on Start; in the start search type
      Troubleshooter and hit Enter.
    • In the left pane, click onView all.
    • Click on Network Adapter Troubleshooter.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website before uninstalling. Later, uninstall the existing drivers, install them and check if it helps.

Step 1: To uninstall drivers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + x key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Network adapters. Right-click on the device and click
      Uninstall.
    • Restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: I suggest you to refer to the below article by
    Andre Da Costa
    about:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10
    , install the drivers and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Try the above troubleshooting steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Athamas Win User
    BSOD: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I have been getting random BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Source: nwifi.sys) in the last 3 days. They seem to only appear when playing videos on YouYube, but it might be a coincidence.

What has changed in the last 3 days?

Nothing on the laptop itself. I plugged in a new keyboard and mouse (both USB), and a USB hub (USB-C).
    I also installed new drivers for the Intel Graphics and "Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Manager" as suggested by Dell Driver Updater, but this was an attempt to fix the BSOD, which already happened before updating these drivers.

What are the laptop info and specs?

• Text version: MEGA
    • Speccy version (can be imported into Speccy): MEGA
    • MsInfo32 Output: MEGA

Most recent dump files?

This is the content of C:\Windows\Minidump: (all 3 are the most recent BSOD dumps and match with the date and time of the BSODs)

MEGA
    MEGA
    MEGA

What have you tried?

I have checked with the Dell System Detect utility to see if all the drivers were up to date; 2 weren't and I updated them (as written above) but that didn't solve the issue.

I have cleaned the system Registry with the CCleaner utility, but that didn't solve the issue.

What can I do?

EDIT:

Upon suggestion, I updated the killer drivers.
    All seemes fine of a while, then, after the laptop went to suspended state, I noticed the external mouse stopped working, while the touchpad worked.
    After plugging and unplugging, I rebooted.
    Laptop stuck to reboot for 6 min (usually takes 6 seconds) then BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.

Log:

MEGA

Athamas, Mar 27, 2021
  4. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error

BSOD with error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

*Original TItle: The bad bsod

Hi

I was playing minecraft. Suddenly my pc shows bsod with this error driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Then it restarts. When I entered password and boot into the windows it showed bsod with this error. Then it restarts and I entered my password then I see this bsod again and this position repeated up to when I open my computer quickly after the reboot but
    I scare I see this bsod again. Please tell me how to solve this

علیرضاصمیمی, Mar 27, 2021
Thema:

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error

1. "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" BSoD error - Similar Threads - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSoD error

2. BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing Blue Screen Errors randomly. The details of the error it shows that DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOPCODE: Netio.Sys.I am attaching my minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtNzBsoIvdVPgR6z7fVYDYvWjZm3?e=RuY2Gk...
  3. BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL NETIO.SYS: Hello, Recently I have been experiencing Blue Screen Errors randomly. The details of the error it shows that DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and STOPCODE: Netio.Sys.I am attaching my minidump files: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtNzBsoIvdVPgR6z7fVYDYvWjZm3?e=RuY2Gk...
  4. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I do work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  5. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I do work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  6. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I did work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  7. BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD Errors - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL // DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I get a BSOD error with that message from the title every so often. Doesn’t usually happen while gaming - I have noticed most times it has happened during normal browsing, watching live streams or videos while I did work. codes commonly are: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL //...
  8. Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD Error: Hello, I recently got a BSOD with the error DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It has only happened once, but I am concerned that it may happen again in the future and I may end up losing work. Looking at the reliability history I get this: The computer has rebooted from a...
  9. BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal tcpip.sys error

BSOD with driver_irql_not_less_or_equal tcpip.sys error: Hey guys, I followed the instructions to try and prepare mini dumps and system info for analysis, I can't find what is crashing my computer. Can anyone help out? Uploading them to a drive and sharing here. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoBlDENaWKD6gZ5jY3bHPDdTYfxi9Q?e=T0HaRW Let...
  10. BSOD, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys)

BSOD, error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (nwifi.sys): Hi Community, on 11 april I suddenly got a bsod with the error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ( nwifi.sys ) My question is, what was the cause of the bsod, and how can I fix this error? things I've already done: updated all driver and ran windows memory diagnostics tool,...