Windows 10: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on a 'clean' Windows installation

Discus and support DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on a 'clean' Windows installation in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I just made a clean installation of Windows 10 yesterday as I collected quite some junk over time. None of the hardware related things changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by uknowumoe, Apr 13, 2020.

1. uknowumoe Win User

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on a 'clean' Windows installation

Hello,

I just made a clean installation of Windows 10 yesterday as I collected quite some junk over time. None of the hardware related things changed - before the clean installation, everything went fine.

However, it started a few hours after, that I lost all sounds on the PC and Youtube videos started buffering indefinitely. Not sure what exactly that has to do with the BSOD itself, but I ignored it for a while and got a BSOD.
    "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" Caused by Wdf01000.sys.

I ran sfc /scannow after that and it found and repaired faulty files, so I thought it might be fixed. However, just a few minutes ago, I lost all computer sounds again and videos started buffering indefinitely.
    Instead of ignoring it this time, I chose to restart my PC. It did the shutdown animation but didn't actually shut down, monitors were dark and the PC kept running, so I had to turn it off myself (power button a few seconds).

So.. I'm not quite sure what's going on and would really appreciate any help.

The Win10 version is 1909 (build 18363.752).
    Logs are in the attachments.

I installed drivers for the graphics card and Realtek audio.

I'll try to provide any information if I forgot anything.

Would appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance.

:)

uknowumoe, Apr 13, 2020

2. Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Apr 13, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Wile E Win User

Windows Vista Clean Installation

To do a clean install on a fresh hard drive with Vista on an upgrade disc, you have to follow certain steps. Buying a full install CD would've been easier, but using the upgrade disc only adds more time, so it's not that big of a deal.

Follow the instructions here to do a clean install with an upgrade disc: http://www.vistarewired.com/2007/02/28/perform-a-clean-install-with-a-vista-upgrade-disc

Wile E, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL on a 'clean' Windows installation - Similar Threads - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 'clean' installation

2. Windows clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clean install: 1. After initiating the installation of Windows 11 on my computer, I encountered an issue where the process became unresponsive and is now stuck at the "Just a moment" screen.2. Despite allowing ample time for the installation to proceed, the system seems unable to move...
  3. Windows clean installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows clean installation: HelloRespected Sir/Mad,I have windows 8 genuine dvd. I got windows 10 upgrade on my windows 8 few years back, now I am having slow speed issues on it. So my query is can I clean install win10 on my pc? And how? As I have windows 8 original key and I don't want to install...
  4. WINDOWS CLEAN INSTALL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WINDOWS CLEAN INSTALL: Hi.I recently buy a M.2 2280 SSD 500GB PCIe 4. This https://www.westerndigital.com/es-la/products/internal-drives/wd-black-sn750-se-nvme-ssd#WDS500G1B0EMy SSD is listed in "CMD dispart list disk" but is not listed in BIOSI want to move my OS from HDD to my new SSD. Can I do...
  5. Windows clean installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows clean installation: I am on dev channel. If I upgrade it to stable windows 11 by clean installation , will be it original windows ?After the installation will be it active ? I have a digital license linked with microsoft account....
  6. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    driver_irql_not_less_or_equal windows 10: My computer has been rebooting and showing me the able screen with the error: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal so I'm trying to fix it but when I enter the safe mode it asks me for my password I put it and it says incorrect password. I'm sure it is correct and I changed it...
  7. Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal while installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal while installing Windows 10: Im trying to install windows 10 64 bit on my Asus 1225b Yes i know that most of the drivers it needs arent supported on windows 10 but i can get away with installing 8.1 drivers but at copying files 0% it deciddes to blue screeen with the error "Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal"...
  8. Clean Install of Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Clean Install of Windows: So, I recently built my first PC. My motherboard is an ASUS Prime X570 Pro. All the external USB ports are USB 3.1. I am trying to clean install Windows 10 from a bootable USB 2.0 drive that I created, but I get an error saying that "A driver your computer needs is missing....
  9. Windows 10 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: My system specs were as following Motherboard - Asus Z97 A USB 3.1 CPU - Intel i7 4771 Ram - 4 sticks of Kingston 8gb HyperX DDR3 ram (232Gb in total) GPU - Zotac GTX 970 Amp Omega 4Gb version. SSD 1 - 240Gb Kingston HyperX (OS) SSD 2 - 240Gb Samsung Evo (games) Hard...
  10. BSOD Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal on a fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal on a fresh Win10 install: Hello everyone, I'm having problems with freshly installed Windows 10 on a new computer. Most of the parts are new except my GPU, Toshiba HDD and 250GB SSD, which I salvaged from my previous PC. At first the BSOD were very frequent and most of the time the errors were...