Windows 10: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update

Discus and support DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone! After a huge windows update done a couple days ago, whenever I connect through the VPN (FortiClient) for work, after several minutes I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by QuadCannon, Jun 17, 2020.

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update

Hello everyone!

After a huge windows update done a couple days ago, whenever I connect through the VPN (FortiClient) for work, after several minutes I get a BSOD everytime (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL).

I already tried sfc /scannow and Windows Memory Diagnostic and problem persists.

I would appreciate any help since this blocks me from working

I attached W7F Diagnostic Tool archive and below is what I got with WinDbg from the latest crash:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
    An...

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update

QuadCannon, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Hi everyone.
    I am not an expert about Vpn and that's why I would like to know if someone could list me a few trusted Vpns, I would really appreciate any suggestion/ advice.

Thanks.

Knoxx29, Jun 17, 2020
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

Tired of Germany blocking many youtube videos? *Big Grin DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update :D

P4-630, Jun 17, 2020
  4. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update

Vpn ( trusted Vpn)

AirVPN

In contrast to all the big names such as IPVanish, TorGuard, Hide My Ass!, PIA etc, AirVPN has been the most useful in terms of performance, cost, privacy and service.

• No torrent (or other format) throttling
    • No region/server locking
    • Full server stats live, with reports and repair ETAs
    • Packages include complete tunneling and multiple protocols
    • Can be setup for virtually any platform(including a easy to use Windows package)[also user guides exist for bespoke arrangements, such as pfSense, which I run]
    • Their website/user portal is very thorough and flexible. You can build custom VPN configuration files
    • Cost is extremely good for what you get
    • Service is often quick and prompt
    • Forums are active
    • They tick all the privacy qualifications, no record keeping

newconroer, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update

1. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL only when using VPN after Windows Update - Similar Threads - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL using VPN

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD only when gaming: Hi all,I have been getting consistent BSOD's, all with the stop code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. What failed: tcpip.sys. This specifically only happens when playing Fortnite for whatever reason. It has not happened outside of Fortnite at all. It must be some other program...
  4. Windows 11 - Internet Issue when using VPN

Windows 11 - Internet Issue when using VPN: After I use my VPN Surfshark, my internet stops working - it shows it is connected but nothing loads. I then need to restart my computer in order for it to work again. This is not the first time I experienced WIFI issues with Windows 11. When I initially installed it my WIFI...
  5. After using vpn, sites not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After using vpn, sites not loading: Hi,I have a very specific problem and it's kind of a long shot that anyone knows how to fix it, but: I have a VPN from my university, and I was trying to see if I could use it on off campus wifi. I turned it on and tried to access a couple sites on pubmed, but it took a lot...
  6. After using vpn, sites not loading

After using vpn, sites not loading: Hi,I have a very specific problem and it's kind of a long shot that anyone knows how to fix it, but: I have a VPN from my university, and I was trying to see if I could use it on off campus wifi. I turned it on and tried to access a couple sites on pubmed, but it took a lot...
  7. BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD only when playing games: Driver_Overran_Stack_buffer, Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_Or_Equal,...: Hi I have been having issues with my PC crashing to a BSOD only while playing games both cpu and gpu intensive, mostly Divinity: Original sin 2, EU4, and subnautica, . I have reinstalled a clean windows from a bootable USB, updated all drivers, and stress tested my cpu, gpu,...
  8. No Internet Connection After Using VPN

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection After Using VPN: Hi, my PC couldn’t connect to the internet every now and then after I use my VPN. It’s been going on for a year, and every time I had to soft format / format my PC completely. It’s really a hassle. And I just noticed recently that the cause was the VPN. Any help on how to...
  9. No internet connection after using vpn

No internet connection after using vpn: So basically what the subject line reads. I used a vpn Protonvpn. I read to use a vpn for online gaming so internet providers won't slow your connection. I obviously did it after I had a laggy connection on Black desert. It worked but I did not want to use the vpn all the...
  10. Using the internet after using VPN

Using the internet after using VPN: I used a vpn that I downloaded from the windows store It worked But Im having issues now with my connection When Im not using it my ethernet connection doesnt work for some apps Chrome and steam work but like windows mail or onedrive dont work because they read I dont have an...