Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Minidump File Win 11The crash analysis seems to indicate that the system encountered a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f bugcheck, which means that a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Windows74U, Dec 3, 2023.

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys

Minidump File Win 11The crash analysis seems to indicate that the system encountered a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f bugcheck, which means that a driver has failed to complete a power IRP I/O Request Packet within a specific time. The problem is associated with the HDAudBus.sys driver, which is the High Definition Audio Bus driver in Windows, typically related to sound card or onboard audio chipset drivers. The ASUS ROG Strix X670E-I Gaming WiFi motherboard takes a unique approach to its I/O ports layout compared to many other motherboards. Due to its mini-ITX form factor, which signific

:)

Windows74U, Dec 3, 2023
  2. radonkers Win User

recurring Driver_power_state_failure with Windows 10

Latest update #2: bad news! Driver_power_state_failure error occurred again yesterday, so the latest nVidia driver update does not appear to have been the solution. So I shifted my focus to ZigZags suggestion to update the NW1900.sys driver, but I cannot
    find an update anywhere online. My PC display driver is provided by NextWindow, but I think they are no longer in business. I have version 1.4.0.0, which was released in 2012-5-17. Any suggestions.

radonkers, Dec 3, 2023
  3. Jozeppe Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD. Error: SRTSP64.SYS

Operating system is Windows 10.

I'm getting the SRTSP64.SYS BSOD only when trying to read files from a DVD+RW (Verbatim) disc that is in UDF format.

The computer is a Dell Inspiron 5559 laptop. The internal DVD RW drive is a TSST Corp SU-208GB.

Thanks for any ideas on why.

Original title: SRTSP64.SYS BDOD

Jozeppe, Dec 3, 2023
  4. DrBlink Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys

Shutdown due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (bugcheck 0x0000009f); BUG in HDAudBus?

I updated my computer to the latest Windows 10 (version 2004) on June 4.

Since then, my computer has twice shutdown, on June 6 and today (June 9). Each time, first thing in the morning, I wanted to use my computer but it was dead, so I had to restart it.

Both shutdowns fortunately generated dump files in C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. I have saved both files to another location, and have analyzed them using Windbg.

The full results from Windbg may be obtained from these 2 Google Drive links:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1LCBSHPdjqhqiJ3Bn3WaZsKlsJ_5-OvGZ/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dwjpRvD-90MgcybgBK6lkwgnHqxcsMZb/view?usp=sharing

There is one commonality between those 2 dump files: Microsoft's HDAudBus.

Altho the precise failure in each case is slightly different: in the first one it is

Code:
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x9F_3_HDAudBus_IMAGE_pci.sys
    while in the second one it is
    Code:
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x9F_3_HDAudBus!HdAudBusUpdateS0IdleSettings
    I would appreciate it if you could confirm my interpretation that HDAudBus is the culprit.

Second, is there anything that can be done about this?

Is this a known issue, or do I need to file a bug report with Microsoft?

Do I need to roll back my latest Windows update (ugg...)?

DrBlink, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related

2. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  3. BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD related to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f: Hello,I have been receiving repeated BSODs related to the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. To date, I have reinstalled my OS from the ground up, and yet, I still receive the BSOD at random times.What could it be? Is there a way to determine which exact driver/component is causing...
  4. Windows 11 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus

Windows 11 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus: I get constant BSOD after booting into Windows 11 Pro x64 after 10-30 Seconds.The crash minidump says something about the "MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus".I already tried to reinstall the audio drivers and also followed this guide...
  5. Windows 11 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus: I get constant BSOD after booting into Windows 11 Pro x64 after 10-30 Seconds.The crash minidump says something about the "MODULE_NAME: HDAudBus".I already tried to reinstall the audio drivers and also followed this guide...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BDODs related to HDAudBus.sys: Minidump File Win 11The crash analysis seems to indicate that the system encountered a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f bugcheck, which means that a driver has failed to complete a power IRP I/O Request Packet within a specific time. The problem is associated with the...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  8. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_BTHUSB_IMAGE_UsbHub3.sys: Hello,I've a DELL Precision 5570 laptop and since some days it is suffering of freezes that ends in BSOD, analyzing the windows dump file I see always DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f exception.Any help is appreciated!Here below the WinDBG analysis output:Microsoft R Windows...
  9. Shutdown due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bugcheck 0x0000009f; BUG in HDAudBus?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Shutdown due to DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE bugcheck 0x0000009f; BUG in HDAudBus?: I updated my computer to the latest Windows 10 version 2004 on June 4. Since then, my computer has twice shutdown, on June 6 and today June 9. Each time, first thing in the morning, I wanted to use my computer but it was dead, so I had to restart it. Both shutdowns...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - tcpip.sys, netwbw02.sys: Recently I have been getting BSODs every couple of days and sometimes multiple times per day. I used Windbg and !analyze -v to see that tcpip.sys was the culprit, and then !irp on the 4th parameter to see mentions of Netwbw02.sys and vwifibus. I read somewhere that netwbw02...