Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am facing BSOD errors in my ASUSnotebook..I have already updated the drivers from manufacture site and also collected the minidump files with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by HarisankarV, Jul 27, 2019.

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

Hi,

I am facing BSOD errors in my ASUSnotebook..I have already updated the drivers from manufacture site and also collected the minidump files with driver verifier on for non microsoft drivers.Please find the link for the minidump files for the bsod.(Also got confirmation from service center people stating hardware part is woking fine).Please help me to resolve this issue.

minidump link : minidump

Thanks in advance,

Harisankar

:)

HarisankarV, Jul 27, 2019

2. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD issues

Hi,

I was getting multiple bsod issues but after updating the bios and drivers most of them are resolved except this DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD.I have changed the power plan settings for PCI Express and Wireless but issue still persists.I also tried running
    memory diagnostic and sfc check which also ran successfully.I would appreciate it f anyone can help me to solve this issue.

Please find the below link for screenshots and minidump files:

MInidump+screenshots

Thanks,

Hari

HarisankarV, Jul 27, 2019
  3. Knots23 Win User
    BSOD when running on battery - driver_power_state_failure

***Merged***

Hello,

Since a few months my laptop - MSI GS60 2PE running Windows 10 Home - started giving BSOD's with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE after a seemingly random time when running on the battery. As I'm using it every day for work,
    I depend on the machine and managed by just plugging it in.

While that works, I know it should be possible to make it work on the battery...

I've recently "reset this pc" using the build in option in Windows 10, after which I installed all "latest" drivers from the MSI site. I also re-installed all programs required to do my job and play some games.

Yesterday, Windows wanted to install the Fall Creators Update: I did. Booting the laptop while unplugged now gave me another BSOD, though with a different message: VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR. This seems to point to the Intel HD 4600 or Nvidia
    GTX 870M.

To sum up some other issues I was starting out with...

Syptoms

• When unplugged, a BSOD occurs after a seemingly random time. (driver_power_state_failure)
      • After updating to the fall creators version, it also throws video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error; feels like a coin flip which one it will show.
    • Bluetooth was failing after a couple of minutes, regardless whether I used it or not and whether the laptop was plugged in or not.
    • Shutting down Windows would sometimes just heat up the CPU, make the fan go haywire and do nothing but turning the screen off.

I've tried / did:

• All drivers are up to date. This was verified by using DriverView and manually going over all of the non-Microsoft drivers.
      • This step fixed symptom 2 described above. Next to the latest version there was some patch (or 3 major versions ago) that couldn't be removed by conventional means. The build in troubleshooter actually removed it and bluetooth is now working
        as it should.
      • The HD4600 drivers were removed from the device management and I installed the latest according to the Intel site.
      • DDU was used in safe mode to remove the Nvidia driver and the latest one was installed.
    • BlueScreenViewer shows the minidumps and lots of drivers.
      • The one created when the driver_power_state_failure occurred is useless, as nothing is marked but the ntoskrnl.
      • The one created when the video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error occurred shows ntoskrnl, watchdog and dxgkrnl.
    • A clean boot (disabling all non-Microsoft services and disabling all startup programs) still results in the BSOD.
    • Booting the laptop while plugged in, letting it run for a couple of minutes so everything is started and then unplugging it also seems to work.
      • Yesterday, I unplugged it and could work with it for about 2.5 hours before it called out for power: I doubt the battery is the issue.
      • I was asked to run a battery check (powercfg -energy -output ...) but that doesn't seem to show any issues. (design capacity '55031' Last full
        charge '38556'. The laptop is over three years old.)
    • Starting in safe mode with networking will not result in a BSOD. (At least not within the hour I left it on.)
    • Unchecking 'turn on fast startup' - as suggested in so many posts - in the power settings only causes issues.
      • When unchecked, windows won't shut down properly.
      • When checked, it does shut down normally. This seems to be the
        fix for symptom 3.
    • Running various Windows troubleshooters didn't do much. Only the 'Windows Update' said it had some fixes regarding the database and 'fixed' it.
    • The bios is up to date. (Version E16H2IMS.112)

Any help would be welcome.

Cheers!

PS: yes this post looks a lot like my
    previous post
    , but that was marked answered because a moderator thinks all checks suggested can be performed within three days, next to a daily routine.

Knots23, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience you have experienced.

I would suggest you to refer to the following suggestion provided by SpiritX MS MVP replied on January 25, 2016 and check if it helps. Refer to the below link:

BSoD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE | Windows 10

BSoD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE | Windows 10

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD issue

2. Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having BSOD issue: "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE": Hi, shortly after I turn on my computer, I suddenly get this screen: https://ibb.co/HVdqV6W After this screen completes, I get taken back to the sign in screen. I've updated all my drivers, did a full scan and repair with the software "Restoro", and did the sfc/scannow...
  3. Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure: Win10 version is:10.0.19041 Build 19041 Had the above error 4 times. Have recently converted MBR to GPT, installed nvme drive (vertical slot) under (much needed) guidance from TenForums. Absolutely do not think any of the changes made are responsible for the BSOD; there...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  5. BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: I've been getting this BSOD issue for quite some time now and I haven't been able to fix it. I've updated all my drivers and I'm still getting the errors. Here's what my debugger tells me this. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft...
  6. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out. Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info....
  7. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise, What I've tried: I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as well, but the...
  8. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  9. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...
  10. Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD issues

Driver_Power_State_Failure BSOD issues: Hi, I was getting multiple bsod issues but after updating the bios and drivers most of them are resolved except this DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD.I have changed the power plan settings for PCI Express and Wireless but issue still persists.I also tried running memory...