Windows 10: driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening

Discus and support driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Unfortunately this is not a new problem that only started or got worse after installing something new. I bought a refurbished HP zBook 15 G2 with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SpudChick, May 19, 2021.

1. SpudChick Win User

driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening

Unfortunately this is not a new problem that only started or got worse after installing something new. I bought a refurbished HP zBook 15 G2 with Win10Pro x64 in December 2018. I have done a clean install on it twice, last time in June 2020 using the MS media creator tool. I had started getting BSODs occasionally, most often when trying to Sleep or Shut Down but sometimes just in the middle of a work session. This was why I did the last clean install. Sometimes I would come back to find the laptop stuck on a blue screen for who knows how long, very hot and fan either not

:)

SpudChick, May 19, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 19, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are receiving Blue Screen error with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When exactly do you receive the Blue Screen error?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 is installed on the computer? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have tried to access the link for dump files shared by you. However, I was unable to access the link. I would suggest you to upload the files in OneDrive and share the link.

The DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error occurs when the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state. You may want to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the Remarks section of the
    article Bug Check 0x9F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    and see if that helps.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting
    from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

You may also want to refer the steps mentioned in the article Troubleshoot
    blue screen errors

We await your response.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 19, 2021
  4. driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening

BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise

driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening gDUxQ.png

When I check the dump file, I get this :

driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening 4w1fx.png

What I've tried:

1. I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as
      well, but the same issue happened every time.
    2. I've updated all drivers (using Driver Booster,Driver
      Reviver
      and DriverPack solution).
    3. I've changed some Power settings.

NOTE: With Linux (Ubuntu 19.04 & Mint), everything works just fine, I've used Linux for 1 week, and I didn't face any issue with it.

Can anyone help me to get resolve this issue, I've spent a lot of time to solve it with no success

Mouaad Abdelghafour AITALI, May 19, 2021
Thema:

driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening

1. driver_power_state_failure BSODs - chronic problems worsening - Similar Threads - driver_power_state_failure BSODs chronic

2. Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD: Hello Community,the past few days I've been trying to fix issues that I'm having with my PC.The issues are the following: Random BSOD's with the error code "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f", my audio devices stop working and after that happens my game just freezes and the whole...
  3. Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD: Hello Community,the past few days I've been trying to fix issues that I'm having with my PC.The issues are the following: Random BSOD's with the error code "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f", my audio devices stop working and after that happens my game just freezes and the whole...
  4. Problems with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f" BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure

Bsod: Driver_power_state_failure: Win10 version is:10.0.19041 Build 19041 Had the above error 4 times. Have recently converted MBR to GPT, installed nvme drive (vertical slot) under (much needed) guidance from TenForums. Absolutely do not think any of the changes made are responsible for the BSOD; there...
  6. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD: Hi everyone sorry for my english, it's not my first language I have an HP laptop a bit more than a year and a half and about 3 months after buying and till this day I keep getting a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD while gaming. I've taken it to the store I bought it from...
  7. BSOD Driver_power_state_failure

BSOD Driver_power_state_failure: Hi, I realy often are getting bsod with "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE" and can't figure out what is causing it. Hope someone could help me out. Below is an link in which i've uploaded the .dmp file and system info....
  8. BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD : DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: I have a laptop ASUS X550JK, I get the BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, it happens randomly, Before the BSOD occurs, I notice a rise in CPU temperature and the fan makes noise, What I've tried: I've tried to install Windows 10 with USB and CD/DVD Drive as well, but the...
  9. BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE)

BSOD (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE): I updated my bios, it failed but my PC still works so here are the BSOD informations (these are different) : (1) IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: f525018 MODULE_NAME: pci FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80059080000 pci (2) MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl...
  10. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: My PC started to bluescreen a couple weeks ago. When I turn the PC on and I login its fine for a few minutes then bluescreens. It restarts automatically and I login again and its fine for the whole day... until I turn it off and on again the next day then it bluescreens...