Windows 10: driver_power_state_failure during restarting

Discus and support driver_power_state_failure during restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have problem with BSOD. Blue death come during restarting. Computer I must reinstall, because Windows 10 will not load. Will not load neither... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dan4815, Aug 4, 2015.

1. Dan4815 Win User

driver_power_state_failure during restarting

Hi,
    I have problem with BSOD. Blue death come during restarting. Computer I must reinstall, because Windows 10 will not load. Will not load neither Safe Mode. driver_power_state_failure this is problem.

:)

Dan4815, Aug 4, 2015

2. continuous driver power state failure errors after feature update 1709

First, thank you auggy for the additional debugging to find the driver causing that problem!

I feel like it has helped me take one step forward, but Windows is forcing me to also take one step back. I was able to get into safe mode and revert the feature update 1709 to get running. I then tried updating all USB 3 drivers (I have an Inatek USB 3.0
    card) and running Windows Update again. I also tried completely removing the Inatek card and re-running Windows Update which also failed with a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. With each failure in Windows Update, Windows reverted the update and I was not getting
    a minidump as I had before when the update succeeded but Windows would crash after restarting.

I read that Windows Update often would not give error messages but running the Media Creation Tool to perform the update would give an error message with more detail. Sure enough, it did. The update using the Media Creation Tool again failed with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
    but after Windows reverted the update the tool then displayed the following:

"0xC1900101 - 0x4000D The installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation"

I'm guessing that Windows is incapable of creating a minidump during the SECOND_BOOT phase, because I still don't have any new minidump. This makes me wonder, is there anywhere else I might find the cause of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE?

The unfortunately reality is that Windows Update wants to keep running 1709, but it fails every time. It simply keeps trying, and I don't have control over it. I've completely removed the USB 3.0 card based on auggy's friendly help above, but now I don't
    know what else to do. Is there any way to find the root cause of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE that happens during the update, during the SECOND_BOOT phase?

carter3iii, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Mikeyx39 Win User
    Windows Defender and Windows Update Not Working, Can't Re-register certain Windows Components, and more...

A BSOD greeted me when I turned it on this morning, with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. Although restarting made it work again, this is still rather worrying.

Mikeyx39, Aug 4, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Dan4815,

I'm very sorry for the delay, there aren't many people in this section.
    Are you still requiring help?
    If so, please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

Please fill in your system specsPlease go to this site and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

driver_power_state_failure during restarting [​IMG]

driver_power_state_failure during restarting [​IMG]

axe0, Sep 2, 2015
  5. midix Win User
  6. axe0 New Member
    Hi midix,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please start a new thread for your problem, this helps us help you better.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. driver_power_state_failure during restarting - Similar Threads - driver_power_state_failure during restarting

2. Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart: Hi, my system is windows 11 23H2, the device is a lenovo thinkbook16p gen4.I'm experiencing very slow restart with bluescreen Driver_Power_State_Failure stop the normal restart, with error code 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaf01fbc17040,...
  3. Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Driver_Power_State_Failure during restart: Hi, my system is windows 11 23H2, the device is a lenovo thinkbook16p gen4.I'm experiencing very slow restart with bluescreen Driver_Power_State_Failure stop the normal restart, with error code 0x0000009f 0x0000000000000004, 0x000000000000012c, 0xffffaf01fbc17040,...
  4. Computer stuttering and blue screening DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuttering and blue screening DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on restart: Hello, I've been having issues with my computer 'stuttering' - the cursor moves with a stutter and the computer slows down overall. If I restart the computer while it's in this state, it eventually blue screens during the restart process and when I do finally get the...
  5. Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts

Driver_Power_state_failure only during PC restarts: Some restarts cause Driver_Power_state_failure on my new pc build. Please help me find the driver at fault. You can tell which restarts will result in a BSOD as applications feel laggy when scrolling through or playing games. A restart that causes the BSOD also takes ages to...
  6. BSOD during connected standby on Surface Book 2: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

BSOD during connected standby on Surface Book 2: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hi, I'm getting BSOD on my Surface Book 2 - Core i7 16GB 1TB several times a days when it gets in to connected standby. Here's the output from WinDBG: 4: kd> !analyze -v ******************************************************************************* *...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, 0x0000009f - during PC is going to sleep

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE, 0x0000009f - during PC is going to sleep: Hi all, I would very much appreciate your help as far as I didn't manage to find proper information about what causes these bluescreens. Please, see the dumps in the file attached. There are 4 there, the last 2 are connected with the topic header...
  8. driver_power_state_failure BSOD during specific cold boot-ups

driver_power_state_failure BSOD during specific cold boot-ups: Here is my unusual BSOD challenge - any assistance you can provide would be very much appreciated: The fault appeared immediately after upgrading from win 7 to win 10: Following every windows shut down command (windows-menu>power>shutdown), the subsequent cold boot is...
  9. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe during sleep

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl.exe during sleep: Hello After upgrading to windows 10 My computer seems has started randomly auto rebooting when it's asleep. I can "wake up" the computer, but it has a clean desktop etc, and upon checking both the administrative events and dmp files (using bluescreenview), find that it...
  10. Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure

Hang at shutdown or restart - BSOD Driver_Power_State_Failure: Hi All, I recently replaced my original HDD with a Samsung SSD 120GB, installed fresh Windows 10 Pro on my laptop and now, it cannot be shutdown or restarted properly as before. When I shutdown/restart the PC, the screen goes black but the power button light is still on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive power state failure during restart