Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have an ASUS ZB501KL which is hard-bricked and, when I plug it on PC, it shows up ONLY as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, no eMMC storage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Imdakn, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Imdakn Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC

Hello guys,

I have an ASUS ZB501KL which is hard-bricked and, when I plug it on PC, it shows up ONLY as Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008, no eMMC storage or something like that, just the COM Port. Nothing weird, right? I know how to flash the whole firmware in this mode. The weird fact is: EVERY-SINGLE-TIME the device is plugged in, my PC hangs and after minutes (generally 5-10) crashes.
    I've tried to change USB Port: nothing
    I've tried to disable the driver signed verification: nothing
    I've tried to run in Safe Mode: NOTHING - device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting
    I've tried to install drivers which have a digital signature: NoThInG
    I've tried to use other PCs and other Operating Systems: the same problem
    I don't know what else I could try to make my device recognized and possibly my PC hangs/crashes-immune, so if you guys have any suggestions I would really appreciate them.

By the way, my chip is a Qualcomm MSM8x26 and, regarding my PC, it seems that there are problems with my Generic USB Hub because I have too many devices attached for only 500mA of power.

Now, I don't know how to remove them, because when I uninstall their respective drivers, once I restarted the machine, they magically reappear as USB Composite Device (500mA) and Generic Bluetooth Adapter (100mA).
    Also, BSOD Crash Dumps have to do with the file ACPI.sys and the error is: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

P.S.: in Device Manager, when I click on the COM port driver properties, it shows the event "Device configured (null)"

*** Moved from Windows 10/Connect Phone & PC***

***Titled changed from: PC crashes everytime I plug my bricked phone in***

:)

Imdakn, Oct 24, 2018
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 24, 2018
  3. Winuser Win User
    Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

When my phone fails to upgrade I just keep trying. One upgrade took 3 or 4 tries.

Winuser, Oct 24, 2018
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 24, 2018
Thema:

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while connecting phone to PC - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE error while

2. Connect phone with PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect phone with PC: Connect to phone with PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-phone-with-pc/87f4e27f-37f1-4e04-b4a0-4898d92e5b12
  3. Connect phone with PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connect phone with PC: Connect to phone with PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-phone-with-pc/87f4e27f-37f1-4e04-b4a0-4898d92e5b12
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc: Hello,As of today I am no longer able to shut down or restart my PC normally. The shutdown or restart fails and ends in a blue screen with the error message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. The corresponding...
  5. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f - while shutting down the pc: Hello,As of today I am no longer able to shut down or restart my PC normally. The shutdown or restart fails and ends in a blue screen with the error message: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. The corresponding...
  6. Connecting phone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting phone to PC: I have Windows 10 and recently decided to take advantage of being able to use my phone through my PC. The problem with that is that now if I connect my phone to my PC with a USB to charge it, it starts automatically to transfer files not sure exactly what it is transferring...
  7. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Error: There is a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD occurring on my device. When I analyzed I found out the error mentioned as "Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvam.inf_amd64_8cded5d1cdb5d080\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2". I asked the same...
  8. phone connection to pc

in Cortana
    phone connection to pc: when i plug my phone in to transfer my photos and videos over for some reason now it wont come up on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/phone-connection-to-pc/4e78611d-0bef-4b2f-abee-abb2f428945d"
  9. Connect a phone to PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connect a phone to PC: I want to connect my phone Doro 2404 to the computer. I tried but with no avail. I am trying to find instruction to find out how to connect it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-a-phone-to-pc/0e6ca0b4-341e-4e8c-93c0-955080f9acba
  10. BSOD while playing FORZA 7, error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while playing FORZA 7, error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE: Hello, I recently faced my second BSOD in month while playing a game, this time it was Forza 7. I am also running the latest Nvidia driver 388.43 for my 980 Ti. Can someone please analyze the attached logs to check what is causing the issue exactly. Thanks in advance...