Windows 10: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop

Discus and support DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I've been experiencing with my laptop. When I wake up my laptop from sleep mode, it freezes and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Divyansh7, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Divyansh7 Win User

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop

I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I've been experiencing with my laptop. When I wake up my laptop from sleep mode, it freezes and reboots, displaying a blue screen error. The specific error message is "Driver Power State Failure." Here are the symptoms I encounter: 1. Screen Freeze: First, the screen freezes completely. Nothing can be done. I cannot move the cursor, and the keyboard stops responding. 2. Music Playback: If any music was playing during the freeze, it continues for approximately 30 seconds and then disappears. 3. Cooling Fans: The cooling fans begin to hu

:)

Divyansh7, Feb 23, 2024
  2. asuaual Win User

HP Laptop Boot Loop

I am encountering a boot loop problem with my HP laptop. Upon startup, it shows the HP logo and loading dots for about 11 seconds, then goes to a blank screen for approximately a minute before automatically restarting. The power button does not turn off during this cycle.

Troubleshooting Steps Taken:

• Tried hard reset and accessing BIOS/UEFI settings.
    • Unable to boot into Safe Mode or recovery environment.
    please see here the recorded video demonstrating the boot loop behavior for reference.

Any advice, troubleshooting steps, or insights into what might be causing this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

asuaual, Feb 23, 2024
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Quad-Core processor HP laptop appears to have just 2 cores

Dutch news today:

"HP will adjust incorrect indication of 'quad' at Pavilion 17
    Olaf van Miltenburg, Friday, December 11th, 2015 13:09, 11 comments • Feedback

HP will adapt the specification lists some 17 Pavilion laptops to ensure that the AMD processor no longer erroneously designated as quad. According to the manufacturer concerned a mistake. Purchasers of the laptop are legally entitled to a repair or replacement.

The mention of the presence of a quad is a mistake that has crept specification lists, says HP spokesman Herbert Wormgoor. "The HP Pavilion 17 is unintentionally put down with a quad-core processor in HP's data sheets. HP has taken action to correct the information. Customers can contact the retailer where they purchased the product for further information and support," the entire states statement from the company.

HP will adapt the information on as many places and stores in light of the steps to take. Details on these steps the company can not give, but the consumer is clear about this. Based on article 17 of Book 7 of the Dutch Civil Code, a product must meet the expectations of the consumer.

The Authority Consumer & Market clarifies that a product is defective if it does not work as promised by the seller or manufacturer for example in advertising or does not meet the specifications. "In principle, you must first ask for repair or replacement, and only then can you reclaim your money," explains ICT lawyer Arnoud Engelfriet increasing.

It involves Pavilion 17 laptops sold in the Netherlands with model numbers p030nd and p031nd and in Belgium as p074nb. If the laptop also supplied abroad with incorrect processor designation is not known. Not only the specification lists mention the presence of an AMD A8-7050 quad-core, also in commercials and on the box was this designation. Based on a CPU-Z screenshot of a user of Hardware.info, and according to testing the site, it appeared earlier this week to deal with a dual-core performance to match. The AMD A8-7050 seems to be used by HP and it would be the first A8 APU with two instead of four cores. The specifications of the integrated Radeon R5 video chip are correct. There are no dual-core APUs of AMD known, the specifications similar to those of the corresponding chip in the HP-laptops.
    "

Translated with google translate.

http://tweakers.net/nieuws/106800/h...vilion-17-aanpassen.html?nb=2015-12-11&u=1300

P4-630, Feb 23, 2024
  4. Zeeba# Win User

My hp laptop wont turn on

This is a frequent problem am sure as you have already seen from online searches.

Flea power is usually the culprit here, basically its residual power that remains on the computer even after thecomputer has been shutdown. You can drain the flea power with the steps the other answers have suggested.

• Disconnecting the battery and adapter
    • Press the hardpress the power button for 30 seconds
    • This should clear the flea power

If this doesnt work, read this article its about
    a dell inspiron
    but the same applies for you hp. It has some detailed step by step instructions

Zeeba#, Feb 23, 2024
Thema:

1. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop - Similar Threads - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Laptop

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE leading to BSOD. I have Asus G14 laptop R7 4800HS + nvidia 1650: This is the dump file: -DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9fA driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp subsystem.Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in...
  4. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE in Windows 11 on my HP Laptop: I am writing to seek assistance with a recurring issue I've been experiencing with my laptop. When I wake up my laptop from sleep mode, it freezes and reboots, displaying a blue screen error. The specific error message is "Driver Power State Failure." Here are the symptoms I...
  5. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?: My Alienware 17 R5 laptop keeps crashing every time I wake it up from sleep mode and I have run out of ideas on how to stop it from crashing. I even did a clean Windows install and the problem does not go away and I really need some help here please. Here are details of my...
  6. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?: My Alienware 17 R5 laptop keeps crashing every time I wake it up from sleep mode and I have run out of ideas on how to stop it from crashing. I even did a clean Windows install and the problem does not go away and I really need some help here please. Here are details of my...
  7. How to resolve DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE which occurs after laptop wakes up from sleep mode?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  9. Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...

Laptop crashes when going to sleep mode. BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE caused by driver...: My Asus M515DA laptop is crashing every time it goes to sleep mode. Using the program WhoCrashed i got the following report:Computer name:LAPTOP-42269N9HWindows version:Windows 11, 10.0, version 2009, build: 25921 x64Windows dir:C:\WINDOWSHardware:VivoBook_ASUSLaptop...
  10. HELP MY LAPTOP IS HAVING BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE WINDOWS 11 ASUS VIVOBOOK 16X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP MY LAPTOP IS HAVING BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE WINDOWS 11 ASUS VIVOBOOK 16X: HI, im a new window user. i dont know much about windows and recently when ever i restart my pc show bluesreen showing problerem DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE.dump file attached:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FaEcadLjGhKfwxTTRF_pFmgFal_htLFp?usp=drive_link...